Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,444 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi (726 Views)

Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Let Boko Haram Have Their Own Country, Says Omoruyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by supereagle(m): 6:02am On Oct 30, 2012
Former Director General, Centre for Democratic Studies, Prof. Omo Omoruyi, was on Monday flown abroad following his deteriorating health.

But in a parting shot, the political scientist lamented that former military dictator, General Ibrahim Babangida, who appointed him as CDS DG, and some of his friends had abandoned him to his fate.

Omoruyi was first diagnosed with cancer in 2007, but his condition improved after receiving treatment in the United States.

Speaking in Benin City, Edo State, before travelling to the US, he appealed to President Goodluck Jonathan and other Nigerians to come to his aid.

Omoruyi said, “I have been used and dumped, especially by Babangida. Some politicians who don’t like me were also preventing the President from giving me assistance, after I sent a message about my health predicament to him.

“My cancer is back and I don’t know how it will end. Governor Adams Oshiomhole has graciously come to my aid again. He is the one making it possible for me to commence my second journey.

“In my book, My journey Back To Life, that is journey number one. It will appear I am starting a second journey, and how this second journey will end, I don’t know. I am going to hospital in the United States to commence a new treatment plan and that treatment plan, how it will end, I do not know.

“In the book, I said in the life of a cancer survivor, there are two fears. Fear number one is the fear of a recurrence, that the cancer could come back. Fear number two is that one could die.

“IBB abandoned me. I let him know about the first journey. He did not help me, not even one kobo so I cannot go to him for this second journey. In the first journey I did not hear from him. I sent him a text message that I am going back to the hospital. I have also alerted some of my good people.

“I am going back to the hospital. President Goodluck Jonathan should help me. I cried to him through Chief Edwin Clark. There is vindictiveness in the land. I have paid my dues in this country and the country is unfair to me. What did I not do?”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ibb-friends-have-abandoned-me-i-need-help-omoruyi/
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 30, 2012
This guy is filled with fear, by now he should have realised that looking up to any man is folly.

He better now learn to look up to God.
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by PhysicsQED(m): 6:34am On Oct 30, 2012
Is IBB his father?

Anyway, hopefully he beats the cancer.
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by Teejayphillip(m): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2012
Doctor Jesus will heal u,bur neva put Ur hope in a man,cos wen U nid dem d most,is wen U ® being bleeped... Jesus said cast all ur burden on me,n he alzo said com 2 me all YE dat labour n I'll surely gif U rest.. Wishin U a speedy recovery
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by truth4meal(m): 7:02am On Oct 30, 2012
Did he say IBB abandoned him? Devil they help person ni?...Abeg Prof if you still want to live just turn 360 to God.
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by Charlesnerd: 7:39am On Oct 30, 2012
Prof,I don't think its okay to criticise IBB publicly for not lending a helping hand cos he's not under compulsion to do so.

Wish you a quick recovery.
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by Knight1(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2012
Got me thinking, where are the people he helped move up in life when he was in power
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by Abagworo(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2012
virtuoso01: This guy is filled with fear, by now he should have realised that looking up to any man is folly.

He better now learn to look up to God.

That's reality. "Lay not your trust on any man, for he shall surely disappoint".
Re: IBB, Friends Have Abandoned Me, I Need Help – Omoruyi by okosodo: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2012
It is because he did not convert to islam or he is not from the north. After licking the ass of the north without stealing like anenih, this is his reward

(1) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare, Oritsejafor And The Private Jet / How Bombers Struck Jaji Military Church - Death Toll Rises To 15 / Bisi Ibidapo Obe Names Baby After Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.