Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Hiv Patients , Do You Get Tired Of Taking Your Drugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv Patients , Do You Get Tired Of Taking Your Drugs (1003 Views)

Taraba State Currently Treating 30,000 HIV Patients. / Smoking Deadlier For HIV Patients Than Virus Itself, Study Finds / ‘58% Of Nigerian HIV Patients Are Female’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Patients , Do You Get Tired Of Taking Your Drugs by kwenu: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2012
Hi everyone, i have been thinking about why most Hiv patients do abandon thier drugs/medicines and go into Herbs or look for spiritualist for cure.

To me i used to believe that maybe they got tired of using the drugs , for how easy it is thAt one should be on drugs for years,

I remeber when i once had typhoid for about one week and 5days i was on drugs, during the time i was sick, i got tired of taken drugs and was so scared that i was gonna die, i tought i would remain in that sick condition for ever untill i die, taking drugs every morning and evening.

some how i got tired of taking those drugs , then i considered those living with Hiv how do they cope since they rely on drugs for all the rest of thier lives

Dont they or thier body system get tired of these drugs?

Please share your views

Thankyou
Re: Hiv Patients , Do You Get Tired Of Taking Your Drugs by chrisj2000(m): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
i think some people need to get some education and do away with stereotype about HIV. this post makes absolutely no sense because there a lot of other medical conditions that require a lifetime treatment. people need to change their view about HIV and stop posting derogatory questions like this one.
Re: Hiv Patients , Do You Get Tired Of Taking Your Drugs by Forester45(m): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2012
If u are suffering form High Blood Pressure, u are always on drugs, including Hepatitis and Diabetis and worst of it all Cancer of which ever part of d body kills more and faster than HIV. So sickness is sickness. Just pray u never fall a victim of those terrible diseases.

1 Like

Re: Hiv Patients , Do You Get Tired Of Taking Your Drugs by jude33084(m): 9:14am On Nov 01, 2012
People like τhis think that HIV is the ultimate disease in Nigeria. If you have HIV, somebody with kidney problem or cancer will envy you cheesy

Malaria aŋԂ typhoid kills ♍☺re and faster than HIV. So taking your drugs religiously(3times daily) isnt a bad thing.
Re: Hiv Patients , Do You Get Tired Of Taking Your Drugs by UmericanGirl(f): 5:57am On Nov 03, 2012
People on long term meds just get used to them. Its part of their daily routine, just like getting dressed or eating.

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Over Feeding A Child / Top 10 Brain Damaging Habits!! (MUST SHARE) / Side Effect Of Steriods For Those Considering Using

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.