Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested (8012 Views)

EFCC Chairman Lamorde Sues The Sun Newspaper For N1billion / Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On / Journalist Beaten At Inauguration Over Report On Buhari & Nasarawa Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Jidefido(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
The Oyo State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, has sued the Independent Communications Network Limited, publishers of PM News for the sum of N1 billion.

This was disclosed in a release issued by Festus Adedayo, the governor’s Special Adviser on Media.

The evening newspaper had this afternoon published a piece entitled ‘Anxiety over Florence Ajimobi’s alleged arrest in UK’ , wherein it published a story purportedly written by an online agency named Newsleak, which alleged that the wife of the governor had been arrested in London for money laundering.

According to the release, the government of Oyo State had the responsibility to ensure that the media does not become an instrument in the hands of blackmailers for such acts.

“We want to state unequivocally that this report is not only wicked, it is the figment of the imagination of the writers. Mrs. Ajimobi was never arrested for any offence whatsoever. Even though our investigations have shown that this is the work of some arrowheads of the opposition, it was done in such an amateurish way that beats the imagination of any responsible reader,” the release said.

The government said that though it had a lot of respect for the media, there was the need to drag the runners of these media to court to explain the details of their reports to the rest of the world.

The government decried what it called dirty politicking by the opposition in the state who use the media for the propagation of their falsehood, stating that the courts would be able to compel those behind this wicked lie to provide details of the veracity or otherwise of their claims on the governor’s wife.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/money-laundering-gov-ajimobi-sues-media-outfit-for-n1bn/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by k2039: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
IN EVERY RUMOUR THEIR IS AN IOTA OF TRUTH

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Jidefido(m): 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
k2039: IN EVERY RUMOUR THEIR IS AN IOTA OF TRUTH

we look forward to more events playing out...wat do you think?
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by GARRIx7(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
I think this is a nice step. Nigerians and the world at large will eventually know the truth...

Mr. Governor, I hope ur wife's hands are clean, else .....

Source:...
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/money-laundering-gov-ajimobi-sues-media-outfit-for-n1bn/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Jidefido(m): 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):
I think this is a nice step. Nigerians and the world at large will eventually know the truth...

Mr. Governor, I hope ur wife's hands are clean, else .....

Source:...
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/money-laundering-gov-ajimobi-sues-media-outfit-for-n1bn/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
abi na....if d wife's hands are not clean,it realy going to taint his character......
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by GARRIx7(m): 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
Jide fido:
abi na....if d wife's hands are not clean,it realy going to taint his character......

Meanwhile, going to court will backfire if there is an iota of truth in the story..
Let's wait and see..... grin grin
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Good one Mr Ajimobi. Our press need to step on their toes next time they news hungry
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Jidefido(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Meanwhile, going to court will backfire if there is an iota of truth in the story..
Let's wait and see..... grin grin
so it seems dere could be a vendetta against the gov.....going to court will further expose him if indeed he has a case to answer bt this is politics,we dont knw wat goes on within their caucus
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by a1solution: 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
So all the money PM news is making right from inception is up to 1 billion naira? or it’s just a threat so they would later settle
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Gentlepapi(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
Umhhhhhhh
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mr Ajimobi needs to step down pending the results of Independent Investigations. If Mr Ajimobi makes any visit to the UK, he needs to be arrested and investigated.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Elueme: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
This lackluster governor should keep quiet instead of further exposing his corrupt deeds. PM news will not just make such a bold publication if something had not gone wrong somewhere. Instead of focusing on how to redeem his administration from the jaw of ineptitude and non performers, he takes delight in squandering tax payers money for an exercise in futility.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by otokx(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
Well, let the courts decide.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by ihebrooke(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
The turn of events is getting more interesting....balances well with sprite and abacha.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by lannre(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Politicians and magic. But why is pm news not publishing the news in today's hard copies. Talk about press magic?
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by SOHKAHTOA: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
How this is making the front page, I don't understand. In a sane cline, Ajimobi should be thinking of stepping aside for thorough investigation.. Sue my ass, is that a ploy to cow PM news? Let the dance of shame begin.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by rickiross(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
I know the man son, actually grin, funny dude grin
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Cultured(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
k2039: IN EVERY RUMOUR THEIR IS AN IOTA OF TRUTH

Sorry buddy ! Rumor is initiated by the enemies , propagated by the ignorant and accepted by fools . I hope you will see reason to accept this in good faith .
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by femliany(m): 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
Seems something is fishy.Why must he defend his wife so quickly like that...Ole
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by abes(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Mr Ajimobi needs to step down pending the results of Independent Investigations. If Mr Ajimobi makes any visit to the UK, he needs to be arrested and investigated.

SOH KAH TOA: How this is making the front page, I don't understand. In a sane cline, Ajimobi should be thinking of stepping aside for thorough investigation.. Sue my ass, is that a ploy to cow PM news? Let the dance of shame begin.

Step aside on what ground? Is Abiola Ajimobi the same entity as Florence Ajimobi?
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by pcicero(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Where was the paper sued? They should name the court where the case is being instituted against PM News. Vanguard could have gone a step further to reveal that too.

The governor's aide can as well clear the air on the wife's whereabouts!
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
Nice step by the governor. Nigerian journalism is characterized by laziness and hear say reporting. I hope others learn from this, SEUN included, pls tell ur mods to verify sensitive stuffs before they slap it on front page unless they will rope u into something unpleasant.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by OmoTier1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Mr Ajimobi needs to step down pending the results of Independent Investigations. If Mr Ajimobi makes any visit to the UK, he needs to be arrested and investigated.
Despite the loots your PDP has made away with from Nigeria treasury, they still can't send you to Germany to go fix your brain undecided

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Jidefido(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
the government of Nigeria is so corrupt that even the sanest public official is a rogue. it is very hard to say dere is no 'thieving' public servant in Nigeria. to be very frank with ourselves, corruption is an institution wit so much students and is willing to admit more students. just the head of the institution called corruption isnt official cos dey are all jostling for the lucrative post
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by gbadexy(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
I thought the story dubious especially when it alleged ekiti state's governor was arrested for 26 days.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by GARRIx7(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: How this is making the front page, I don't understand. In a sane cline, Ajimobi should be thinking of stepping aside for thorough investigation.. Sue my ass, is that a ploy to cow PM news? Let the dance of shame begin.

If it is true that his wife was arrested for money laundering in the UK, then I'd expect him to resign honourably.... However, let's confirm first that she was arrested for the offence, then I'll lend my big voice to call for his resignation....

grin grin
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by wolebaba(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
a1solution: So all the money PM news is making right from inception is up to 1 billion naira? or it’s just a threat so they would later settle

May your days be long and fruitful; my thought exactly.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by glassman: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
Sooo fast!! thought the publication came out ds afternoon.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by sammy329(m): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Rumours are created by haterz, carried by fools, accepted by Idiots. I don't believe dat former new before
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by Clemzy16(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Gov. Ajimobi is trying to reap where he did not sow. We are know that the media play an important role in our everyday life. Afterall, the story was an "Alledge." not necessarily saying she was actually arrested. Besides, there is no smoke without a fire. Also, The Nigerian media has always been known for publishing what i will refer to as rather un-true stories. You know the I-did-this, I-did-that attitute. Everybody want to be the first to publish a story. It's more like a competition. An example is "SaharaReports." whom bombarded us with fake news about the health of the first lady. They published differents sicknesses whom they claimed was the problem affecting the first lady. They also came on air to disclose that the first story was false and the new one was true, and the new one was false that the next one is true. That is what they did until the first lady finally arrived the country safely. Above-all, did the president santion or sue them?! Probably it was just a false alarm that P.M news got that made them to publish the story. What i had expected the governor to do was to come out to clear the air that his wife was never arrested, Report to P.M news and asked them to publish another story insisted that she was not arrested. With that i don't think there would be any need for sueing or what-have-you.
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by glassman: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
Sooo fast!! the publication came out ds afternoon & here we are, with a well prepared brief...na wa O
Re: Ajimobi Sues PM News, For N1Billion Over Report On Wife Being Arrested by ANALIST: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
Oyo state is the new state captured by ACN in the 2011 general election which ought to augument the accomplishment of Lagos and other ACN state in our southwest, but if there is not only iota but the microscopic infiniticimal truth in the rumour then the administration can never deliver dividend of democracy in such money laundering atmosphere.

Les's watch and see if Ajimobi will become the next DSP OR JOI of the southern states or the bad name to hang the dog.

LFL(ANALIST)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed / Trump Reacts To Biafra Visit On Twitter PICS / Bauchi Deputy Speaker, Others Dump APC For PRP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.