Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. (3165 Views)

Thank God Always / PLEASE HELP AM ABOUT TO LOSE A WEL PAID JOB BECAUSE OF THIS MONSTER CALLED EXCEL / Please How Well Paid Are Teachers In Private Secondary Schools In Port Harcourt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by SlyIg(f): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
I have advised a friend of mine who wants to leave his well paid job to further his studies here in Nigeria. He is currently receiving three hundred and fifty thousand naira per month =N=350,000. But he wants to abandon this job for his masters degree because his company has refused to grant him the permission to combine both things at the moment. I gave him some advises in respect to this. I simply asked him, 'do you know the number of masters degree holders roaming the street looking a mere 100k job? Why do you want to abandon your job in a country like this where graduates are crying for good jobs! Whats if you get this masters degree without finding any job again!' Im only giving him this advice due to the condition of our country where there is no hope for the graduates. I have run out of advice for now to give my friend. If you dont mind,maybe you have any reason he should abandon his job for this program,pour out your reasons here for him if incase im giving him a bad advise.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by uboma(m): 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
He might be LUCKY to secure another job immediately after his masters. However, it wudnt be easy to quit his job and rely solely on his savings during the course of his PG programme, except he has another income generating activity that is not as time consuming as his current job. Alternatively he can run a part time PG programme and stil maintain his current job. So many hv gone through this process(part time programme) and still came out with excellent result. However if ur friend stil refuses to listen to u, then u allow him and wish him the best.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by lanreni: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
wow! some peeps wuldnt mind doin ANYTHING 2 get dat kind of job shocked That aside,he shuld neva quit until he has gained enough yrs xperience on d job,i.e be a master on d job first,i.e become indispensible as it were.sm sculs don't do part time 4 sm courses.i don't think d coy will even permit wkend distractns.meanwhile save,invest & go for short certificatns by d side.remember,his focus musn't b on comfort,but d ability 2 always b at d cuttin edge in adding value wherever he finds himself.i wish him well
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
very funny but s+illy man.. smiley go and ask your PhD. Lecturers in the university how much they get in a month..
brain.less fowl
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by lanreni: 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
i don't think brAin_lEss fowls can be paid 350K per month! grin

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Agbgift(f): 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
Abeg make dat ur friend give me d job link up. I nor mind to dey pay 100k for d nxt eight months 4rm my salary. I use God beg am.I need a job bad bad to takia of my siblings.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
lanreni: i don't think brAin_lEss fowls can be paid 350K per month! grin
we have so many first class graduates earning less than 150k from Nigerian banks..

and brainless fowls in some superior institutions and political cubicle spending that amount like coins..

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by ifyalways(f): 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
I think your advice is in order @OP but if your friend insists on going for masters, there's nothing you can do to stop him.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by tolukatey(f): 12:19am On Oct 31, 2012
My dear, I'm all urs. I can take Ur space in Ur ofic till U r tru wt Ur Msc wen I'l return Ur job to U. Do me dis favor by going 4 Ur Msc n always rememba 2 pray Ur boss prefers me 2 U. Al d best

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by obo389(m): 8:06am On Oct 31, 2012
lanreni: i don't think brAin_lEss fowls can be paid 350K per month! grin
Abi!! U tink say na #300k e dey earn?Wer d MUMU dey wrk sef?
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 31, 2012
obo389:
Abi!! U tink say na #300k e dey earn?Wer d MUMU dey wrk sef?
There is a mix-up somewhere.. more like you mistook the guy's quote
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by rodeo0070(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
Let him stick to his job. But if he's confident he can get another one after his program, let him resign. PG grad. with good grades are sought after by research institutes and tertiary institutions, if he needs a change in career.
But wait! He can also combine his academics with his job. I believe his company will H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ provisions for such situation. And I believe some universities do offer executive PG courses that are time-flexible as well.
My point is that there is always a way around this kind of scenario. It is possible without loosing on both sides, I mean"Getting a Job is a Job" only you don't get paid for it. It may look easy to you that you'd get another job but we are in a country where the level of uncertainty is on the high side Adding more to one's profile is good, don't get me wrong.
There are several PG working for as low as 25k per month. Yes! 25k and mind you, those are the "Lucky ones".
@ Poster, He can further his education without quitting his Job.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 04, 2012
[quote][/quote]
He could leave the job & go for his masters since he has yrs of experience to his credit. He would most definitely get another job on his return. I'm sure he has his reasons. Goodluck!
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by IbroSaunks(m): 1:34am On Nov 04, 2012
I believe that it is all about finding one's purpose in life. If an individual has a flair for academics and learning, and is willing to sacrifice making that much money to follow what he truly desires, I see no reason why he should be criticized. I would like to think that it is not all about the money as much as it is about doing what makes one happy.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by ocheejemb: 1:51am On Nov 04, 2012
Do you guys really think that someone that could get a 350k job and has worked in the role for quite a while will struggle to find a job when he adds a MSc to his CV?

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by ITbomb(m): 8:44am On Nov 04, 2012
In Nigeria , years of experience matters more than any degree.
Let him spend like 5 to 8 years in his present job/career, then when he is over with the PG, it will be easy to get another job.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Archmed(m): 8:47am On Nov 04, 2012
This is good NEWS.There is enough space in d labour market..He is welcome!
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2012
only if he knowns,it's spiritual problem, this is a work of devil to ruin his live, I am talking from experience, when devil want to deal with successful person like ur friend, they will first of all let you resign from your job, the rest his story.

let seek a spiritual advice
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
oche_ejemb: Do you guys really think that someone that could get a 350k job and has worked in the role for quite a while will struggle to find a job when he adds a MSc to his CV?

My thought exactly!
Someone who is crazy enough to consider quitting a 350k a month gig truly knows what he wants,
Mad men rule!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Mobinga: 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
From the posts above, one can discern that Nairalanders are unambitiously idiotic.

Always after that quick cash.

I'd advise the dude to get his masters, if possible add more degrees.

Look at the future.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
Horayce:

My thought exactly!
Someone who is crazy enough to consider quitting a 350k a month gig truly knows what he wants,
he wants a masters degree. smiley

Mad men rule!

obviously
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mobinga: From the posts above, one can discern that Nairalanders are unambitiously idiotic.

Always after that quick cash.

I'd advise the dude to get his masters, if possible add more degrees.

Look at the future.

Mr man, whats in the future to look at if not money?? there are 5 reasons why a man would want to get a degree & more degrees:

1. Cash/Quick cash.. (either way, it's cash, or what do you want to do with money @80? )

2. Entrepreneural purpose (your degree is irrelevant in this)

3. Relevance/Title/The Nigeria mentality "I get masters.."

4. Lecturing

5. Purpose-less (as in "norm" everybody are going for it)

may be I should speak for myself..

"The only reason why I would quit a #350,000 monthly pay job -
entrepreneural purpose or Political ambition "

btw.. aren't there short/weekend professional courses? (since e wan turn aristotle & shakespear), how about online masters degree courses, NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria) where you can design your own lecture session

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
adex4me: only if he knowns,it's spiritual problem, this is a work of devil to ruin his live, I am talking from experience, when devil want to deal with successful person like ur friend, they will first of all let you resign from your job, the rest his story.

I recommend this.
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
adex4me: only if he knowns,it's spiritual problem, this is a work of devil to ruin his live, I am talking from experience, when devil want to deal with successful person like ur friend, they will first of all let you resign from your job, the rest his story.

shut up! spiri-coco...
Re: He Wants To Leave His Well Paid Job For His Masters Program. by mjbaba: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
your friend will regret the day the thought crossed his mind to resign. I am an ex banker. As i type this I have at least ten close friends who left their jobs to go for masters in d UK. you just need to see them now. very pathetic. Very sad cases...pls show your friend this message. his chances of "not regretting" the move, is one out of ten.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

National Population Commissio Recruitment Examination. / DANGOTE RECRUITMENT / NNPC (Date Of Interview).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.