Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back (9591 Views)

Buhari, Is This The Darkness Before Dawn? - JAPHETH OMOJUWA / The Nigeria Army is Slowly But Steadily Destroying Boko Haram. / Liquidation Of Phcn : The Facts, Farce And Shape Of Days Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by soloqy: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
Its been frustrating with PHCN for the past couple of weeks(month for some areas). Since the minister was removed and the less than transparent bidding process, things have gone steadily worse in the power situation. Where is the new Minsiter that was promised? What is going on? Everything is at a standstill. Generator adverts and inverter adverts that slowly disappeared a couple of months ago, are coming back again on our radio and newspapers.

Does it mean that this government cant get this power issue right after all the noise?

9 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Odunnu: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
Sad but true.
We've been running on generator since I came to work today
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by soloqy: 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
Odunnu: Sad but true.

Reno Omokri was all about talking of all the 'work' done by FG on PHCN, where is he now?

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
someone check Kainji and let us know the water pressure levels.. i thought pwer Sector reforms was responsible for the streak f PHCN performance recently

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by soloqy: 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: someone check Kainji and let us know the water pressure levels.. i thought pwer Sector reforms was responsible for the streak f PHCN performance recently

Lol, meaning that there was never much work done but just the age-long hoping on water levels?

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
in which part of nigeria is that happening?
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Afam4eva(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
Gradually, we're going back to the pre-Nnaji days.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by ohisola(f): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
I b tink say na only ♍γ̲̣̣̥ area o. These days if we get 5hrs of light in a day omo do thanksgiving. B4 dis flood there used 2 b lit 4 as long as 20hrs min in a day
undecided here I was thinkin d darkness was goin 2 b a tin of d past sad
D good news is dat I have quality and affordable Inverters 4 sale. Just call 07067002826. (Esp 4 those in Edo state) smiley

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by megxo(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
ohisola: I b tink say na only ♍γ̲̣̣̥ area o. These days if we get 5hrs of light in a day omo do thanksgiving. B4 dis flood there used 2 b lit 4 as long as 20hrs min in a day
undecided here I was thinkin d darkness was goin 2 b a tin of d past sad
walahi.....
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Walexz02(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
....am telling you,it's more than worst here in my area... They hardly gve us 30m of light here in day....mtscheww.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by megxo(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
if dias anytin like "half current", dats wor de've bin punishin us wit dis days angry
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Psalter: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
The darkness is not just creeping back but fully back. The water level is going down and so is power being generated. It only goes to show tat nothing is being done to improve power supply in this country. The same old story. It is rather unfortunate Nigeria is still lagging behind in every area. Our leaders are so selfish and indiscipline. It's high time we took our destiny in oiur hands. We can't continue like this. My fear for our children.

4 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by adekennis(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
My God punish dis Government,i don smell foul since dat time wey formal minister don commot
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by sugar001(f): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
O really! I am not alone in this.... Plus there is this terrible fuel scarcity in ph.... No fuel to even put in the generator.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Ournaija: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
They said the increase in power generation was due to water level during Nnaji era.Nnaji has left and flood wan kill us and the light is gradually going off. Naija`s situation is indescribeable.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by geezyk(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
And here we are thinking the power issues were over.. In my Area we usually have atleast 22hrs of uninterrupted power supply,but these past few weeks its been cut short.. They now resort to shuffling it day and night,sometimes frm 12am-12pm and other times frm 12pm-12am its somewhat disturbing tho... Imagine now that d sun is scorching hot,that's when they decided to start this rubbish.. Even when rain dey fall anyhow light dey dey steady..

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by highlandre(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
I knew the constant power supply experienced for a few weeks back then wasn't going to subsist. Have we all forgotten the country we live in? Can somebody tell me what the Federal Govt has done right and sustained in the last 2 decades?

How can we for that we live in a country where we pay for things we don't get, and basic amenities, our fundamental right, are far from our reach?

Let's beg God to help us help ourselves with good and people-minded leaders.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Odunnu: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
Drock4christ: in which part of nigeria is that happening?
Enugu. South East.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
Did i hear u say slowly? Its full darkness now. 4d past 1wk or so in my area notin like 3hrs of steady light

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by megxo(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
sugar 001: O really! I am not alone in this.... Plus there is this terrible fuel scarcity in ph.... No fuel to even put in the generator.
fuel scarcity too in KD

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by feelamong(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
hei cool down!!! This is the ripple effect of Hurricane Sandy (Dame) grin

How else can we know that some natural disaster just happened.

BTW Some Oyinbo people in USA have been without light for the past 48hrs; why una dey complain like this self?

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Rich4god(m): 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
Same with my area in warri. This month has been the worst since i entered warri. Infact we have only seen light for about 18hrs since the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by maclatunji: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2012

We need to sell PHCN first to competent companies before we can dream of steady power. Forget all that Propaganda by Beaf and his stooges.

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by idirect(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
Yea cryI guess the dams are drying up undecided

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Standing5(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
The OP beat me to it, i planned to bring this topic up when during the dry season.
It is becoming clearer how much of a Scam the GEJ government is, during the rainy season we all witnessed aggressive talk of "How Gej's government has transformed the power sector", when in fact we know that high rain fall in Nigeria does affect the Power output positively.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by peterowode: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
yes o.
The Nepa people have taken back their light now that the rain have stopped falling.
i tire 4 this country. But i still paid N10,000 bill last month.
No light, yet huge nepa bills

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by persistenc(m): 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
yea those days are back,power supply in ma area now 3hours in 24 angry angry Thunder fire their Fada
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nightshift(m): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
Perhaps PHCN power plants and sub-stations have been invaded by pythons again. It was a reason given by old NEPA for cutting some parts of the country off the power grid in early 90s. As we all know, bad habits seldom die....

2 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by killuminati(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
The situation in my area is gettin scarier, even muskeeto sef wan give pesin malaria.

Throughout today, we have been on gen at work here and I surely know it's likewise at home!

Mr president, wuts up!!!
you don make mouth too much sir, dis ur air no fresh at all Ooo... Infact, e dey hot, and as e dey hot, na so e dey pain me Oooo...

Where dem 99 laptops crew, abeg mek una come clear the air Oooooooo sadsadsadsad

2 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2012
Be patient and hopeful...there is light at the end of the tunnel.Privatization of the power sector, i beleive,is the best catalyst for positive change.Its only a matter of time.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by innocentmartini: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
They gave us back THIRD MAINLAND bridge and take back the light. Eko ni baje ooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: PDP Cautions Erring Support Groups / *INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu Has Finally Stepped Down* / See Full List Of 1966 Coup Plotters And Their Tribe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.