Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? (12565 Views)

Is Governor Ambode Of Lagos State A Christian Or Muslim / Akinwunmi Ambode / Christian Or Muslim ? / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by LeStylo: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2012
ashson: ISLAM is my religion. i have found islam to be the real and only religion that comes from God. come to think of it, islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. million of people in america and europe were not born muslims, due to research and quest for the truth, they end up converting to muslims, with the fact that islam is being painted as the religion of conflicts and killings which is all setup just to discourage people to do more research about islam thereby ending up as muslims. ISLAM is simply a way of life, everything about how to live this life had been planned for you since before you were born.

Hmmmmnn
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by kingingkinging: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2012
ashson: ISLAM is my religion. i have found islam to be the real and only religion that comes from God. come to think of it, islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. million of people in america and europe were not born muslims, due to research and quest for the truth, they end up converting to muslims, with the fact that islam is being painted as the religion of conflicts and killings which is all setup just to discourage people to do more research about islam thereby ending up as muslims. ISLAM is simply a way of life, everything about how to live this life had been planned for you since before you were born.

People changing to Islam are getting worse- Michael Jacson-died miserably, Janet Jacson-career loss, Mike Tyson-career loss, Tupac Shakur-died mysterously,etc. I dont want any of the above. I was born a muslim but received the message of light of the Son Of God- Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, if any man comes to me, though he dies, he shall live again. What an assurance from the master. Besides Jesus is not a religion but the way of salvation-any muslim who believes in his sonship, death and resurection shall go to paradise-like the thief at his right hand side on the cross.

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by chucky234(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2012
I was born into Christianity and Juju just like Okija-juju but instead of choosing juju over Christianity I chose the true God while Okija ended up with juju and ordained priest of the Okija shrine.
What a stroke of faith,my love for God is unconditional.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Afam4eva(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2012
kingingkinging:

People changing to Islam are getting worse- Michael Jacson-died miserably, Janet Jacson-career loss, Mike Tyson-career loss, Tupac Shakur-died mysterously,etc. I dont want any of the above. I was born a muslim but received the message of light of the Son Of God- Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, if any man comes to me, though he dies, he shall live again. What an assurance from the master. Besides Jesus is not a religion but the way of salvation-any muslim who believes in his sonship, death and resurection shall go to paradise-like the thief at his right hand side on the cross.
There are also people who have converted from Christianity to islam because they claim to have seen the light of Allah. What do you have to say about that?

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by rajiade: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2012
It makes no difference whether u are a christian/muslim by first birth, second birth or by conversion. What u see and practice as a born again person, u wld see those who do it better as a first birth person. If there are things u believe or do as a christian/muslim dat makes u feel "yeah I am saved", u would find pple of other religion or believe who do it better.

Ur religion stands between how relate with Uself, Ur conscience, the Supreme being, and ur fellow humans.

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do.
bad, feel bad. That's my religion."
- Abraham Lincoln

How ultimate reason 4 running after one religion or the other is for "eternal survival"

The number of times we attend prayers in d church or mosq, the amnt of offerings we give, d number of people we win for our religion, d number of times we go on pilgrimage can't get us what we want. Cos all these acts are secondary.

The Most important is how well u relate with Urself, Ur conscience, God and Humans. That's My Religion!

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: I've noticed that majority of people who change religions or become atheists or agnostic are usually open minded people.

Not true, living conditions can be a factor. Christianity and conversions to Christianity are prevalent in countries with a poverty ratio, esp. pentecostal Christianity.

@ Post, was born into Islam, practised Christianity for some time, now a proud and unrepentant deist.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2012
being a Christian!!!! The ability to speak and hear from God and see Him in action is one I doubt I would have experienced were I born into another religion. Plus of course Christ died and rose! For ME!!!! What love is greater than that? CHRISTIAN for life!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Afam4eva(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2012
naijababe:

Not true, living conditions can be a factor. Christianity and conversions to Christianity are prevalent in countries with a poverty ratio, esp. pentecostal Christianity.

@ Post, was born into Islam, practised Christianity for some time, now a proud and unrepentant deist.
So, what inspired your becoming a deists?
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Afam4eva(m): 11:52am On Nov 01, 2012
Coldfeet: being a Christian!!!! The ability to speak and hear from God and see Him in action is one I doubt I would have experienced were I born into another religion. Plus of course Christ died and rose! For ME!!!! What love is greater than that? CHRISTIAN for life!!!!!!!
Don't you think people of other religions are also feeling the same thing that's why they've not left? Have you tried being a Moslem or Hindu to ascertain that God does not speak to them too?
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by GentleNaaz(m): 11:53am On Nov 01, 2012
Christainity is d best religion, buhdists, m*sl*m, Eckanka, etc go 2 hell. Accept jesus or u perish. U wont say "i didnt hear"
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by reeeT(f): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2012
I was born in a christian home.Am stil a christian 2day because i get to realize that christianity is a religion of choice.....there is the good and the bad and every christian is entitle 2choose from these two which inturn have consequences.my faith increases everyday because of the greatest book that has answers for questions and problems known as the Bible.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva:
Don't you think people of other religions are also feeling the same thing that's why they've not left? Have you tried being a Moslem or Hindu to ascertain that God does not speak to them too?
Don't need to! Did anybody die for them? NO!!
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2012
noble_gas1: Lol ..... What religion would expect from the son of an Alhaji and Alhaja to practise?
Babalawoism grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Afam4eva(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2012
Coldfeet: Don't need to! Did anybody die for them? NO!!
What do you know about the religions.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by planetuzor(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2012
Afam have ones tot ths way b4..i a christian, a pastor's child. I use 2 ask my self what if i was born in Iraq or Iran dominated by muslim by a muslim mother would i stil wana be a muslim or rather change to b a xtian. .hav lived all my live being a christian and m loving it. Having to get direction, hear God, follow the instructions of the Holyspirit. And really i dare not say i dnt believe in it because have witnessed the miracles, the healings, the seemingly imposible turn possible n hav been a living witness. . Bt stil i have a question, do muslims or other religion also experience things like hearing the Holyspirit, divine healing, opening of the blinds eye,the lame walk n dumb here? Do they also feel the presence of their God, or see a prophesy come 2 pass or even hear the Holy spirit live? . . . .i realy need a muslim to chime in n lets knw bkos as a christian u enjoy all this, am a living witnes to this.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by chucky234(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2012
kingingkinging:

Happy you were able to find the true God,the omnipresent and the giver of life.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 11:57am On Nov 01, 2012
Gentle Naaz: Christainity is d best religion, buhdists, m*sl*m, Eckanka, etc go 2 hell. Accept jesus or u perish. U wont say "i didnt hear"
A true CHRISTian won't say such! By their fruits we shall know them! If you claim to be a Christian you wouldn't wish for anybody to go to hell.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by ayabunmi(f): 11:59am On Nov 01, 2012
by birth kiss
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by rajiade: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
kingingkinging:

I dey laf Oooooo. So their conversion to Islam brought them such experience right?
Are there no christians who experience such even as a devoted christian?
Haba, Nigerians and their mosquito reasoning and imagination.

How about Jesus (even when he wished dat miserable experience never came to pass), just to mention dat alone.

Its only in Nigeria dat people ascribe the Religion of their fellow being to their Religion.
If a man is successful, its because he is a christian, if he is poor, its cos he is Not.
If a woman is barren, its cos she is not born again, if she has got kids its cos she is a chucrh servant.

Hmmm hmmmm.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by samkoro: 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
I was born a Christian.I had the freedom to explore other religion to find out things about them and settle with the true path.I discovered that all that they labour in various ways like meditation,self torture,self motification,soul travel,suicide,Jihad and various indulgence with the aim of making paradise had been simplified by the sacrifice of Christs.I came back to live the teachings of Christ when I realised this truth.

Many are unaware of that mystery door that had been opened by Christ.Most religion are still going through painfull cycles without realising that what they have been looking for several thousands of years had been revealed by Christ 2000 years ago.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Shankboye(m): 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
I was born a muslim, i studied islam and found out that it is the only true religion, no controversies or wat so ever in d holy book.. I am so proud to be a muslim

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Shankboye: I was born a muslim, i studied islam and found out that it is the only true religion, no controversies or wat so ever in d holy book.. I am so proud to be a muslim
Did you study other religions to find out whether they're the only true religion? It seems your study was one-sided.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by zaboy: 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
I was born into an Islamic family, and i am still a muslim. However, i took time to study both Islam and Christianity (since they are the 2 major religions in nigeria). I studied their scriptures and histories as well. The original message of Jesus christ is no different from that of Mohammad really, however, the christianity practiced today is nowhere near what Jesus preached. Christian scholars say only 20% of the present bible is actually God's words, the rest are just inventions by writers.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by habbey99(m): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
To me,islam is the way coz prophet muhammed taught us that's God created man aljin and animal to worhip Allah....
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva:
What do you know about the religions.
A lot my brother!! Not enough space to explain.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by rajiade: 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
Coldfeet: Don't need to! Did anybody die for them? NO!!

I can't just stop lafin at some pple's response. So you need someone to die fro you before u can feel d presence of GOD, get revelations from him or hear him?
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by mshd5: 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
I was born into islam, grown up there without knwldged
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by elewedu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
I am muslim.....bt if i really have my way, i will choose deism
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by hasyak(m): 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: Ethnicity is something that ones is born with and not something that you learn or become but religion on the other hand is something that you became or was probably passed down to you but it has not always been like that.

Whenever I see people from different religions arguing over who is right, i wonder, are these people fighting for the religion they belong to because they found themselves there.

As a Christian, i wonder what i would have been if i was born a Muslim or a Budhist. I'll probably be proclaiming that Allah is the best thing to happen to the world. If some Muslims were born Christians, they would have been preaching Jesus to whoever cares to listen.

Now, are you a Christian/Catholic or Muslim because your parents were one and you were probably born one? I guess majority of the answers will be in the affirmative. Only few people actually get to convert to another religion. You see some Christians saying that Christianity is the way thereby citing how Alhaja A converted to become a Pastor.

I'm sure Moslems also have a story of how a hardcore Pastor became an Imam. I remember i asked one Christian why he thinks Christianity is the way and he said "You'll know once you feel the Holy-spirit".

I want to imagine Moslems are still Moslems because they're also feeling something similar to the Holy spirit in their religion. If they were not benefiting anything they would have left, right?

You'll also see someone telling you that God provided the house, cars and everything that he has attained in life. Now, Atheists and people from every religion also have these things. T

here are also poor people from every religion. It now brings me back to the question "Are you part of your Region because you were born into it or because you made a conscious effort to be part of it"

Btw, I'm a Christian.

+8
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by odehaj: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva:
This post won't be complete if mention is not made concerning d penalty of changing
From one religion to another!
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by nekaa(f): 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
From birth and am loving it.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by shyna501: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
​i was born in2 islam, ​i study it,​i practice it Ä♌ð am proud of it... Nevertheless, ​i'll neva criticise anybdy 4 wot dey bliv in anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MFM PMCH May 2022 Prayer Points / Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World / My Testimony, My Survival (Graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.