Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? (12568 Views)

Is Governor Ambode Of Lagos State A Christian Or Muslim / Akinwunmi Ambode / Christian Or Muslim ? / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by elewedu(m): 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
To all of you that think one religion is superior to anoda, you are all suffering under the delusion of religious chauvinism

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by samkoro: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus

Mohamed-said there is no moslem that shall not go to hell .Surah 19:71-72. After hundreds of thousands of years in hell Allah will then look at the ZEBIBA(sign of prostration) and then poor water of life on their skeletons to regain flesh b4 meeting the virgin. What a long route if its true.But this false hood.

JESUS-live a righteous life through faith in him and Jehovah almighty will grant u paradise.
The bible truth is that no one that goes to hell comes out.Mohamed said that only 700000 of his followers will enter paradise

Mohamed-claimed he was not sure of heaven.Thus u alway say -may peace be unto him.pbuh

Jesus-Is in heaven. Moslems believe he is the only one who has so far made heaven

Muhammad..forced his adopted son(Zaid Ibn Harithah) to unwillingly divorce his beautifull new wife Zaynab for him to marry. Surah 33:37-50. King david fail into a similar temptation with another mans wife but Jehovah rebuked him

Jesus..tought principles of faithfullness and good marriage.

Mohamed./Allah--.authorised Mutah- a form of prostitution Surah 4:24 ,surah 5:87

Jesus--never

Mohamed/Allah--Permits husbands to beat their wives for misbehaviour.Surah 4:34

Jesus--never did

Mohamed--Allah claimed to lead astray to hell.Surah 16:93, 13:27b, 25:8-9, 42:44,surah74:31

Jesus- Jehovah never does that.His words never changes

Mohamed--Allah says all black people must go to hell and that he hates the blackman.Surah 70:21,surah 17:100, (Mishkat vol III,page 117)

Jesus--promised those who believe in Jehovah haven sent him as a sacrifice to cleanse the sin of Adam that we inherited,and live righteously as christians,shall gain salvation and make heaven

Mohamed.. Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam.
(Qur'an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38)

Jesus. Said God loves everyone. 
(John 3:16)

Mohamed "I have been commanded to fight
against people till they testify that there
 is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad
 is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)

Jesus. "He who lives by the sword
will die by the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)

Mohamed. Stoned women for adultery.
(Muslim 4206)

Jesus. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(John 8:7)

Mohamed. Permitted stealing from unbelievers.
(Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not steal."
(Matthew 19:18)

Mohamed. Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not bear false witness."

Mohamed. Owned and traded slaves.
(Sahih Muslim 3901)

Jesus. Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Mohamed. Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys.
(Sahih Muslim 4390)

Jesus. Beheaded no one.

Mohamed Murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)

Jesus. Preached forgiveness.
(Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

Mohamed. "If then anyone transgresses
the prohibition against you,
Transgress ye likewise against him"
(Qur'an 2:194)

Jesus. "If someone strikes you on the right
cheek, turn to him the other also."
(Matthew 5:39)

Mohamed. Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645)

Jesus "Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they will be called Sons of God"
(Matthew 5:9)

Mohamed. Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.
(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50)

Jesus. Was celibate.

Mohamed. Slept with a 9-year-old child.
(Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)

Jesus. Did not Be Intimate with children.

Mohamed. Ordered the murder of women.
(Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)

Jesus Never harmed a woman. 

Mohamed. "O you who believe!  Fight those of the
 unbelievers who are near to you
and let them find in you hardness."
(Qur'an 9:123)

Jesus "Blessed are the meek, for
they shall inherit the earth."
(Matthew 5:5)

Mohamed. Ordered 65 military campaigns
and raids in his last 10 years.
(Ibn Ishaq )

Jesus Ordered no military campaigns, nor
offered any approval of war or violence. 

Mohamed Killed captives taken in battle.
(Ibn Ishaq 451)

Jesus Never took captives.
Never killed anyone.

Mohamed Encouraged his men to Molestation enslaved women.
(Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)

Jesus Never encouraged Molestation.
Never enslaved women. 

Mohamed. Demanded captured slaves and
a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)

Jesus "The Son of Man came not
to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)

Mohamed. Was never tortured, but tortured others.
(Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)

Jesus Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

Mohamed. "And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Qur'an 8:39)

Jesus. "Love your enemies and pray
for those who persecute you"
(Matthew 5:44)

Mohamed Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man
(al-Tabari 1440)

Jesus Healed a blind man
(Mark 8:28)

Mohamed Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit
from which he preached Islam.
(Bukhari 47:743)

Jesus Washed his disciples feet.
(John 13:5)

Mohamed What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause"
(Muslim 1:149)

Jesus What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 22:34-40)

Mohamed Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Qur'an 4:102)

Jesus Chastised anyone attempting
to defend him with force.
(John 18:10-12)

Mohamed Died fat and wealthy from what was
taken from others in war or
demanded from others in tribute.

Jesus Demanded nothing for himself. 
Died without possessions.

Mohamed Advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)

Jesus gave his life for others, Was crucified himself.

Mohamed. According to his followers:
Had others give their lives for him.
(Sahih Muslim 4413)

Jesus. According to his followers:
Gave his life for others.
(John 18:11 and elsewhere)

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by samkoro: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus

Mohamed-said there is no moslem that shall not go to hell .Surah 19:71-72. After hundreds of thousands of years in hell Allah will then look at the ZEBIBA(sign of prostration) and then poor water of life on their skeletons to regain flesh b4 meeting the virgin. What a long route if its true.But this false hood.

JESUS-live a righteous life through faith in him and Jehovah almighty will grant u paradise.
The bible truth is that no one that goes to hell comes out.Mohamed said that only 700000 of his followers will enter paradise

Mohamed-claimed he was not sure of heaven.Thus u alway say -may peace be unto him.pbuh

Jesus-Is in heaven. Moslems believe he is the only one who has so far made heaven

Muhammad..forced his adopted son(Zaid Ibn Harithah) to unwillingly divorce his beautifull new wife Zaynab for him to marry. Surah 33:37-50. King david fail into a similar temptation with another mans wife but Jehovah rebuked him

Jesus..tought principles of faithfullness and good marriage.

Mohamed./Allah--.authorised Mutah- a form of prostitution Surah 4:24 ,surah 5:87

Jesus--never

Mohamed/Allah--Permits husbands to beat their wives for misbehaviour.Surah 4:34

Jesus--never did

Mohamed--Allah claimed to lead astray to hell.Surah 16:93, 13:27b, 25:8-9, 42:44,surah74:31

Jesus- Jehovah never does that.His words never changes

Mohamed--Allah says all black people must go to hell and that he hates the blackman.Surah 70:21,surah 17:100, (Mishkat vol III,page 117)

Jesus--promised those who believe in Jehovah haven sent him as a sacrifice to cleanse the sin of Adam that we inherited,and live righteously as christians,shall gain salvation and make heaven

Mohamed.. Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam.
(Qur'an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38)

Jesus. Said God loves everyone. 
(John 3:16)

Mohamed "I have been commanded to fight
against people till they testify that there
 is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad
 is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)

Jesus. "He who lives by the sword
will die by the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)

Mohamed. Stoned women for adultery.
(Muslim 4206)

Jesus. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(John 8:7)

Mohamed. Permitted stealing from unbelievers.
(Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not steal."

Mohamed. Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not bear false witness."

Mohamed. Owned and traded slaves.
(Sahih Muslim 3901)

Jesus. Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Mohamed. Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys.
(Sahih Muslim 4390)

Jesus. Beheaded no one.

Mohamed Murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)

Jesus. Preached forgiveness.
(Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

Mohamed. "If then anyone transgresses
the prohibition against you,
Transgress ye likewise against him"
(Qur'an 2:194)

Jesus. "If someone strikes you on the right
cheek, turn to him the other also."
(Matthew 5:39)

Mohamed. Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645)

Jesus "Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they will be called Sons of God"
(Matthew 5:9)

Mohamed. Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.
(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50)

Jesus. Was celibate.

Mohamed. Slept with a 9-year-old child.
(Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)

Jesus. Did not Be Intimate with children.

Mohamed. Ordered the murder of women.
(Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)

Jesus Never harmed a woman. 

Mohamed. "O you who believe!  Fight those of the
 unbelievers who are near to you
and let them find in you hardness."
(Qur'an 9:123)

Jesus "Blessed are the meek, for
they shall inherit the earth."
(Matthew 5:5)

Mohamed. Ordered 65 military campaigns
and raids in his last 10 years.
(Ibn Ishaq )

Jesus Ordered no military campaigns, nor
offered any approval of war or violence. 

Mohamed Killed captives taken in battle.
(Ibn Ishaq 451)

Jesus Never took captives.
Never killed anyone.

Mohamed Encouraged his men to Molestation enslaved women.
(Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)

Jesus Never encouraged Molestation.
Never enslaved women. 

Mohamed. Demanded captured slaves and
a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)

Jesus "The Son of Man came not
to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)

Mohamed. Was never tortured, but tortured others.
(Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)

Jesus Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

Mohamed. "And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Qur'an 8:39)

Jesus. "Love your enemies and pray
for those who persecute you"
(Matthew 5:44)

Mohamed Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man
(al-Tabari 1440)

Jesus Healed a blind man
(Mark 8:28)

Mohamed Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit
from which he preached Islam.
(Bukhari 47:743)

Jesus Washed his disciples feet.
(John 13:5)

Mohamed What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause"
(Muslim 1:149)

Jesus What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 22:34-40)

Mohamed Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Qur'an 4:102)

Jesus Chastised anyone attempting
to defend him with force.
(John 18:10-12)

Mohamed Died fat and wealthy from what was
taken from others in war or
demanded from others in tribute.

Jesus Demanded nothing for himself. 
Died without possessions.

Mohamed Advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)

Jesus gave his life for others, Was crucified himself.

Mohamed. According to his followers:
Had others give their lives for him.
(Sahih Muslim 4413)

Jesus. According to his followers:
Gave his life for others.
(John 18:11 and elsewhere)

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by philip2012(m): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Although I was born a christian, I think that christians and muslims are both descendants of Abraham(or Ibrahim). Isaac and Ishmael are both sons of one father and two mothers in one family. Who says that one is true and the other false? Where is the brotherly love that both christians and muslims preach? Are we worshiping God or our different religions?

I'm Philip Okorie, www.opokorie.com
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by odehaj: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2012
rajiade:

I can't just stop lafin at some pple's response. So you need someone to die fro you before u can feel d presence of GOD, get revelations from him or hear him?
if you laugh,then you laugh in ignorance.That mystery is out of this world ma brother.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by accused(m): 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
christine , moslem,budda ,juju, or traditional religion etc in any one u find ur self, make good use of it. There is only one God in the whole universe and only one power, what ever name u choose to call him he is God.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by AkinDavid2: 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
@OP, just asking how did you become a human being smiley
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by oluMyderz(m): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
I bear witness dat none has d rite 2 be worshipped xcept ALLAH, nd Muhammad is His messenger. I AM MUSLIM BY BIRTH ND ALWAYZ WILL BE A MUSLIM INSHA'LAH!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
rajiade:

I can't just stop lafin at some pple's response. So you need someone to die fro you before u can feel d presence of GOD, get revelations from him or hear him?
Mr raji don't get it twisted. Singing Go and tell them Jesus Christ died for a sinful world! Go and tell them that He is coming back again (repeat till fade)

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
odehaj: if you laugh,then you laugh in ignorance.That mystery is out of this world ma brother.
11 TRILLION LIKES
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by ITbomb(m): 12:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
They took me to church and gave me a christian name then they took me to school and help me fill out the form ; in religion they put christianity. Every sunday they force me to go to church and all my friends claim to be christians.
I guess I'm stuck in here

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by larrymoore(m): 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
I Am Whom I Am.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by rajiade: 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
odehaj: if you laugh,then you laugh in ignorance.That mystery is out of this world ma brother.

Instead, I laf at ur Ignorance.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by rajiade: 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Coldfeet: Mr raji don't get it twisted. Singing Go and tell them Jesus Christ died for a sinful world! Go and tell them that He is coming back again (repeat till fade)

Since Jesus died your sins, so we can keep the misdeeds going.

Now I understand!
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
rajiade:

Instead, I laf at ur Ignorance.
Oga instead of shining your thirty two at peoples beliefs tell us what prophet Muhammed did for YOU!!!
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Areaboy2(m): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Coldfeet: 11 TRILLION LIKES

sheep following sheep.

Get a mind of your own my friend!! angry

@topic! I saw earlier an estimate of 90% born into their religion, I dare say that number could be 95% or more in Nigeria. We are all born into one religion or the other and are brought up to believe all the stupid stories they tell us. Most people don't really care to "seek the truth" they just follow the crowd and go about doing whatever it is they want (this explains why our country is the way it is).

Sad!!
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Rooneyboy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Like someone rightly said,ones religion stands between how u relate with yourself, your conscience, the supreme being and your fellow humans.

I do believe in doing the good my conscience tells me to do, with this I strongly believe I would go to any heaven that there is to go.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by chakula: 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
grin grin grin grin Afam4eva, are you a religious by choice or you inherited it from your parent? just want to know!
grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Itoroetti(m): 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva:
You're a muslim because you were born there and not necessarily because it's best. if you were born a Christian you would have said the same thing about Christianity.

he said he fels dat muslim is d best.he didnt say its d best
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Itoroetti :

he said he fels dat muslim is d best.he didnt say its d best
If he feels it's the best then it's the best in his world.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Tessy2009(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
ISLAM IS MY RELIGION, I WAS BORN INTO IT. I HAVE MADE CONCERTED EFFORTS TO KNOWING ABOUT OTHER RELIGION AND THERE HISTORY. THE ONLY RELIGION IN THE SIGHT OF GOD IS ISLAM, IT PREACHES THE ONENESS OF GOD AND FORBIDS ASSOCIATING PARTNER WITH GOD.COME TO THINK OF IT, IF WE ALL AGREE THAT RELIGION IS A WAY OF LIFE, IT MEANS THAT ALL AFFAIRS OF MAN SHOULD BE TREATED INCLUDING AFTER DEATH. CAN ANY ADHERENT OTHER SO CALLED RELIGION INFORM NAIRALANDERS WHAT HIS RELIGION SAYS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING?
1.A CHILD WHEN HE IS BORN( NAMING CEREMONY ETC)
2. WHEN THE CHILD ATTAINS PUBERTY
3. HOW TO CONDUCT HIS/HER WEDDING
4.HOW TO CARRY OUT BURIAL RITES
5. WHAT TO DO WITH HIS/HER PROPERTY AFTER DEATH.INHERITANCE

N.B: ISLAM DISCUSSES ALL THESE IN DETAIL AND IT HAS BEEN FOUND TO BE THE MOST EFFECTIVE AND HUMAN FRIENDLY APPROACH TO THIS LIFE ISSUES.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Coldfeet(f): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Area_boy:

sheep following sheep.

Get a mind of your own my friend!! angry

@topic! I saw earlier an estimate of 90% born into their religion, I dare say that number could be 95% or more in Nigeria. We are all born into one religion or the other and are brought up to believe all the stupid stories they tell us. Most people don't really care to "seek the truth" they just follow the crowd and go about doing whatever it is they want (this explains why our country is the way it is).

Sad!!
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set YOU!!! Free.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva:
So, what inspired your becoming a deists?

Because the god(s) of both religion is still no better than a human being suffering jealous rages, punishing innocents and setting people tests he knew/know they can't pass and worst of all plans to punish people for eternity. Even human societies have evolved past that sort of savagery.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by kaytytty: 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
i found Islam through Christ
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by tintingz(m): 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
I am born into a muslim family and i thank God for that. . .i would have been a confused fella i thank God again my mum an ex anglican-christian whos her father is an elder in the church and she converted to Islam went for hajj in mecca, if not she converted and she's still a christian i would have been a religion confuser seeking for which one to follow as my faith. . .buh thank God she raised me and my siblings a good muslim. . .May almighty Allah continue His blessings on her(Amin) smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Itoroetti(m): 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
ashson: ISLAM is my religion. i have found islam to be the real and only religion that comes from God. come to think of it, islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. million of people in america and europe were not born muslims, due to research and quest for the truth, they end up converting to muslims, with the fact that islam is being painted as the religion of conflicts and killings which is all setup just to discourage people to do more research about islam thereby ending up as muslims. ISLAM is simply a way of life, everything about how to live this life had been planned for you since before you were born.

bros,u are lying.islam has neva and can neva be d fastest growing religion.u cal it fastest growing religiön u easily see a man marrying 80wives and boring 500kids.u cnt see dat in xtianity cos christ neva preachd dat unlike wat ur religion.if i may ask,how many muslims in nigeria has 1 wife?mention them.quote me right ,islam has neva in history preach their gospel to people 4them to convert willingly,rather,it is by force dat u must convert.go and read abt how d northern nigeria was conquerd.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by janvier27(m): 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Good talk afam4eva. I am a christian born into a christian family, and by His grace will remain a christian forever. But i could ve felt same for islam if i had been born into a moslem home! someone up there said islam is the fastest growing religion. what does that matter, even if it's true? just statistics. and what do i expect with the birth rate even among my own moslem friends. A simple case study. The guy who claimed islam is the fastest growing religion should tell me how many siblings he has, so we compare with mine.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by greaterlove(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
i was born into a christian home but along the line i came to realize that God does not care if you are a muslim, a christian, a buddhist or watever u call yourself, He is only interested in the love you can show your fellow man. christ (who the muslims also respect) taught us two commandments, love God and love your neighbors, if u like chant prayers, speak in tonques or recite the whole koran, go to church and mosque everyday, travel to jerusalem and mecca every year, be a friend to the bishop or imam and still cant love your neighbors you are on your own.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by AjanleKoko: 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
naijababe:

Because the gods of both religion is still no better than a human being suffering jealous rages, punishing innocents and setting people tests he knew/know they can't pass and worst of all plans to punish people for eternity. Even human societies have evolved past that sort of savagery.

Hmm.
I often struggle with that myself. I think to myself, Are we some kind of game the Almighty plays? Setting obstacle courses, providing puzzles that most people cannot figure out in their lifetime?

But well, if you refer to two verses in the Bible:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

And

Exo 20:5 . . . for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

In my human reasoning, I look at those two verses and tell myself: 'You are so screwed, either which way!'
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Hmm.
I often struggle with that myself. I think to myself, Are we some kind of game the Almighty plays? Setting obstacle courses, providing puzzles that most people cannot figure out in their lifetime?

But well, if you refer to two verses in the Bible:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

And

Exo 20:5 . . . for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

In my human reasoning, I look at those two verses and tell myself: 'You are so screwed, either which way!'

Exactly! So excuse me for telling him to feck off!
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by laykhorn(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hey! You want my response. Wel, I was born into a tri-religion family.
My dad s muslin, mum is christian nd my grandpa is the balogun of iseyinland. That shows how verse I am with all main three religions in 9ja. I'm a muslim nd All my 21years in our home, Its never bn a problem, even my mum would wake me up for salatul-subh. Of the five product of our parents, three are muslim nd 2 christian. We pray both ways almost everyday.. Til this day, I cant specify what directed me towards Islam.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? by Elebiju: 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
I was born a Christian but I'm inquisitive by nature,I discovered christianity was planned by Roman catholic they even have d unpublished version of d bible in vatican city library,I have read various articles and I know what to believe God lives in our hearts his words are a guide for us,recently I thought of converting to d religion of peace (Islam) but when I look around me cos I live in a Muslim environment I had a rethink azeez sells Indian hemp,abdulqudus is a thug,I did a survey and I found out that the bulk of miscreants in Lagos are Muslims,boko haram is not even helping matters so tell me which religion is d true way?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Testimony, My Survival (Graphic Images) / Anna Beam Miraculously Rises From The Dead And Is Healed Of Uncurable Illness. / Muslim Refugees Throw Away Aid Parcels From Red Cross Because Of Crosses On Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.