Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! (20548 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by manpo2k(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
A few while ago, the news spread like wildfire that the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State, mr. Nsima Ekere has resigned! Here is a copy of his resignation letter. Read more on www.wetinhappen.com NOW!

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by killuminati(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
manpo2k: A few while ago, the news spread like wildfire that the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State, mr. Nsima Ekere has resigned! Here is a copy of his resignation letter. Read more on www.wetinhappen.com NOW!
first-as$-nigga to comment smiley
This deputy go done hold somtin forget! Next we go here say he don travel.
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2012

What a scanty letter!!! (˘˘̯)
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by MadCow1: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
If I were to guess a reason, it would be because he intends to contest in the next elections...

3 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by galadima77(m): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Thought we kinda deserve to know the shady reason(s) behind his very unusual move by a typical Nigerian politician. We need reasons to react appropriately.
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Osoldier: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
why did he resigned? Nig leaders are not trusted, he might have commited
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by chykeo1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
:oWe are watching...
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by mbhs139(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
tchidi:
What a scanty letter!!! (˘˘̯)

So, it should have been an 'Epistle'?

Seems you are seeing a resignation letter for the first time.

8 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Ricoluv(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
Is it just me or does anyone notice how much the date typeset on the letter differs from that of the body of the letter?.Me thinks the letter was written and signed sometime before and its only just now that it's being tendered.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by ugochukwu15(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
Politicians and their mind Games! This is in-house beef jorh. Person don mis-yarn so na treating Bleep up things!but d truth b told d SSG was made popular than d deputy governor and it aint fair at all. And. D news of d SSG succeeding Akpabio is old News Na! Well d ex-deputy should try his luck if he will win for 2015.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Jubal01: 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Waitn 4 d 'oda' detail. Fingas crosd.
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by peruso: 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
ABASI MI MBOK!!!! SO WHERE IN HEAVEN DID NTA GET THEIR OWN VERSION OF THE RESIGNATION FROM?
ANYONE JUST LISTENED TO WHAT THEY READ...... THAT "THE MAN THANKED THE GOVERNOR FOR GIVING HIM THE OPPORTUNITY OF BEING PART OF THE UNCOMMON TRANSFORMATION OF THE STATE AND WISHED HIM WELL IN ALL HIS FUTURE ENDEAVOR"

NA WA WOULD IT REALLY HURT THEM TO JUST SAY IT THE WAY IT WAS SAID MUST THEY ALWAYS SHOW THEIR INEPTITUDE AND PARTISANSHIP IN ALL THINGS NA WA..

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Morgan1092(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
OP: u dope post dis empty letter? Mtchewwwww
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
mbhs139:

So, it should have been an 'Epistle'?

Seems you are seeing a resignation letter for the first time.
undecided
undecided
Mtscheeeeeeeeeew!!!! Asides the one you wrote your former office when you got a job at the strip club, yes! This is my first time! tongue
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
WETIN CONCERN ME ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Uteghe(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
godswill akpabio is murderer,kidnapper and a deranged person. Still surprised a decent guy like nsima worked with him. Good one.
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by obailala(m): 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Just like the typical Nigerian episodes, I can bet my last dime that this letter was actually signed and presented to the Governor even before he became his deputy. It's common tradition for PDP to force aspiring deputies or ministers to sign their resignation letters in advance before they are selected/appointed. #NigerianPolitics101

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by DeepSight(m): 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ricoluv: Is it just me or does anyone notice how much the date typeset on the letter differs from that of the body of the letter?.Me thinks the letter was written and signed sometime before and its only just now that it's being tendered.

This is a VERY interesting observation and looking at it, it is indeed curious.

It is not news anyway, that many politicians are asked to sign undated letters like this as a pre condition for running as deputies. . . . . .

Remember Ngige was made to sign something like that, which he later repudiated

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Lobolintin(m): 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
If u ask me,nah who i go ask
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by bknight: 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
shocked undecided
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by leboss6(m): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
killuminati: first-as$-nigga to comment smiley
This deputy go done hold somtin forget! Next we go here say he don travel.
first to comment abi?.......oya take it to the Bank
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by phemmy1987: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
The governor will know better than an ordinary man

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by basisop(m): 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ricoluv: Is it just me or does anyone notice how much the date typeset on the letter differs from that of the body of the letter?.Me thinks the letter was written and signed sometime before and its only just now that it's being tendered.

You are smart. The letter was long written before 31st.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by strangest(m): 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
I ve heard about people signing their resignation before they are given a political appointment... i do believe this is one of them...
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by princeFAD: 12:08am On Nov 01, 2012
Akwa-Ibom Deputy Gov beats impeachment, resigns
on OCTOBER 31, 2012 · in NEWS
8:06 pm
BY TONY NYONG
UYO-The Akwa Ibom State deputy governor Mr. Nsima Ekere has resigned from office.

The Deputy governor, who has beaten the members of the State House of Assembly who had perfected plans to impeach him, announced his resignation about 6 p.m. Wednesday 31st October, 2012, after news of the moves to impeach him was confirmed by a reliable source.

The letter of resignation signed by the Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor Mr. Inemesit Ina read, ”The Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Nsima Ekere, has resigned from office.”

The development Vanguard also reliably gathered was political as Ekere who has been silently working to succeed the governor in 2015 is alleged to have opened up his plans on how he was going to take over the government.

While our source hinted that the State Governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio has succeeded in planting his men in almost all the camps, it was further revealed that the Deputy Governor may have opened his mouth too wide at a certain forum where it is alleged that he boasted that he was going to contest the 2015 election as a seating governor.

While the move to undo the Deputy Governor started underground since last week, Mr. Ekere’s efforts to stop the impeachment and save his job could not see the light of the day.

Vanguard source made known that 20 out of the 26 members of the House had been garnered against the second citizen of the State who was only left with six members in his camp.

The decision to resign some politicians said was to help the Deputy Governor to remain politically relevant, because if the House had moved faster to impeach him, he would by the constitution not be able to contest any other election in his life.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/akwa-ibo/
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by shadrach77: 12:34am On Nov 01, 2012
am i the only person who noticed the very poor quality printing on a so-called official letter-headed paper of a state government. Any printer could produce that letter-head. Are they that poor they can't produce quality stationary?
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by antontech(m): 12:43am On Nov 01, 2012
Uteghe :
godswill akpabio is murderer,kidnapper and a deranged person. Still surprised a decent guy like nsima worked with him. Good one.

I served at akwa ibom,u should be ashamed of ur comment as akwa ibom man.some states pray they get smone like akpabio and u ibibio people no dey appreciate akpabio at all nomatter whatever he does.
Don't worry,its when he leaves u will know his value.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by clip: 1:10am On Nov 01, 2012
The drama has just started

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by kolexy(m): 1:35am On Nov 01, 2012

It was probably signed before the election, and brought out after they a misunderstanding.
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Curiouscity(m): 3:15am On Nov 01, 2012
antontech:

I served at akwa ibom,u should be ashamed of ur comment as akwa ibom man.some states pray they get smone like akpabio and u ibibio people no dey appreciate akpabio at all nomatter whatever he does.
Don't worry,its when he leaves u will know his value.

You must be the governor's tribesman or political associate to make such a comment Or could that be the truth?

Note, the hatred towards this man started immediately after his 1st election in 2007. He was stoned with pure water sachet few weeks after swearing in.
So nothing you'll preach now will make the hatred change. The man's style of governance(+ve or -ve) is not even helping to reduce the hatred towards him.
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 01, 2012
Curious_city:

You must be the governor's tribesman or political associate to make such a comment Or could that be the truth?

Note, the hatred towards this man started immediately after his 1st election in 2007. He was stoned with pure water sachet few weeks after swearing in.
So nothing you'll preach now will make the hatred change. The man's style of governance(+ve or -ve) is not even helping to reduce the hatred towards him.
U dnt appreciate gud things because it is rare in nigeria to have a Gov like urs 4 me i like d Guy cos i visited Aks frequently and hv seen d transformatn no Gov has attempted in d past yrs.
Re: Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! by mystikal(m): 4:43am On Nov 01, 2012
The plot thickens. The path has now been paved for the SSG to succeed the Guvnor. They all connived to make the dep gov's office irrelevant over d years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire At Filling Station Within The Sokoto State Government House (photos) / Ekiti Assembly Warns Buhari Against Any Attempt To Remove Fayose / Osun Rerun: Police Stop Man From Voting (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.