Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend (26839 Views)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by seunadebayo: 7:23am On Mar 28, 2013
omo_to_dun: ^
Take a good look at Nigeria. Does it look like a nation where any good human being lives in? All these Christians are nothing more than Christians in name.

U're pretty right but not all christians sha. Mayb u should have say majority of dem.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 28, 2013
@9lifes: Sorry for your predicament. Your ex was DEFINITELY a hypocrite. I agree that some so=called 'pastors' are even devil worshippers. SMH.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:32am On Mar 28, 2013
CFCfan: @9lifes: Sorry for your predicament. Your ex was DEFINITELY a hypocrite. I agree that some so=called 'pastors' are even devil worshippers. SMH.
lol

You are spot on...btw 9lifes: its always a case of an ex. Just because she a cheat doesn't mean she will always be a cheat
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by 9lifes(m): 8:03am On Mar 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol

You are spot on...btw 9lifes: its always a case of an ex. Just because she a cheat doesn't mean she will always be a cheat

I am not using an instant to make a generalization here,I don't generalize. I was active for more than 12 years,and i was a leader for many years..wetin my eyes see for church at all levels.I am not judging anyone,we are all not perfect,but i have problems with humans who feel because they believe in something they are better than others,or have the right to judge others.

I have no apologies for my last comment, VIRTUE has no religion, and that is what i look for in people.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 28, 2013
9lifes:

I am not using an instant to make a generalization here,I don't generalize. I was active for more than 12 years,and i was a leader for many years..wetin my eyes see for church at all levels....
bro, some of these people no go understand.. The politics and other so called worldly practices that go on in most of the nigerian churches..
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by oluomad(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: happy birthday to us....how old are you lol cheesy

grin at least I knw U̶̲̥̅ are 23!! Lol! Am 21
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Lightening: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2013
[quote author=Coldfeet]@Op great piece and don't mind those who say there's nothing as Christian boy/girlfriend relationship! A lot of people still fear and obey God! And also keep His temple Holy and un-defiled. Christian courtship is very possible.

If an abomination is not condemned, it indeed becomes a tradition.
There can never be anything as christian boy/girlfried relationship because it is an occasion of sin (and ultimately so) and nothing sinful is christian.
The tragedy of today's christians is that we want to take our full share of what the world has to offer and still want everybody to accredit us as true followers of christ just because we register their presence in a church.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Reference(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2013
In real Christianity there is nothing like 'boy-friend' and 'girl-friend' as we know it. In the bible there is single, courtship and marraige.

Also in the bible the definition of love cannot in the modern context bring two people together. Rather the commitments of love causes many to abandon relationships. What we assume here is lust.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 28, 2013
Pardon me, HBG, and a very happy birthday to you too, but I think I'd better answer some things here.

@musKeeto, @9lifes

You guys know what doesn't make sense? It's dumping all over Christianity because some people fail to live up to its ideals. So because a pastor slept with a girl he's not married to, no less your ex, something's wrong with Christianity?

So because a fellowship leader has dealings with a cult, something's wrong with Christianity? So because a bunch of people pay lip service to Christian ideals and give the lie to them with their lives, something's wrong with Christianity? I'd like you guys to explain how that makes sense at all.

Was any of you told that the message of Christianity is that you need to believe in Christians or Christian pastors to be saved, for instance? Can you show exactly how the failure of Christians, genuine or not, stops anyone from following Christ or makes Christianity a lie and a delusion?

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by AGEZIE: 9:27am On Mar 28, 2013
very interesting!!!
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by 9lifes(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2013
Ihedinobi: Pardon me, HBG, and a very happy birthday to you too, but I think I'd better answer some things here.

@musKeeto, @9lifes

You guys know what doesn't make sense? It's dumping all over Christianity because some people fail to live up to its ideals. So because a pastor slept with a girl he's not married to, no less your ex, something's wrong with Christianity?

So because a fellowship leader has dealings with a cult, something's wrong with Christianity? So because a bunch of people pay lip service to Christian ideals and give the lie to them with their lives, something's wrong with Christianity? I'd like you guys to explain how that makes sense at all.

Was any of you told that the message of Christianity is that you need to believe in Christians or Christian pastors to be saved, for instance? Can you show exactly how the failure of Christians, genuine or not, stops anyone from following Christ or makes Christianity a lie and a delusion?

First of all ur ranting is does not make sense.I said there are bad and good people everywhere,judge a man by his most consistent values,not by his religion.I was giving instances,i was not generalizing.Read my comments first!
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 28, 2013
Ihedinobi: Pardon me, HBG, and a very happy birthday to you too, but I think I'd better answer some things here.

@musKeeto, @9lifes

[s]You guys know what doesn't make sense? It's dumping all over Christianity because some people fail to live up to its ideals. So because a pastor slept with a girl he's not married to, no less your ex, something's wrong with Christianity?

Was any of you told that the message of Christianity is that you need to believe in Christians or Christian pastors to be saved, for instance? Can you show exactly how the failure of Christians, genuine or not, stops anyone from following Christ or makes Christianity a lie and a delusion[/s]?

You need to chill out, boy!! This isn't a thread bashing Chrisitianity.. All I said has already been mentioned by a lot of people on this thread. Do not judge by appearance, but get to know the character of whoever you choose to date. Don't drop your guard because whoever says 'i love you' or displays the attributes in the OP claims to be Christian. The examples I gave about the corruption in the 'church' are not to give anyone any reason whatsoever to leave Christianity--do you stop eating apples because you had one bad fruit?--, but to serve as a warning to those who may think all 'pastors' are saints..

You really do need to chill out.. And I'm in no mood to extend this conversation beyond this reply. Have a great and safe day.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2013
cry OH LORD....*cant see this*

@ Brother Ihedinobi thank you and your pardoned.

@ Oluomad...m your sister...yeah grin grin grin
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 28, 2013
Thank God, some are beginning to believe its not all about Sexx cool
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2013
9lifes:

First of all ur ranting is does not make sense.I said there are bad and good people everywhere,judge a man by his most consistent values,not by his religion.I was giving instances,i was not generalizing.Read my comments first!

If you could decipher from my post the suggestion that you generalized, how can you also say that my "rant" made no sense?

Lemme explain something to you: this thread was started to advise Christians on finding their better halves. It does not presume to say anything at all to non-Christians. But somehow you felt obliged to come and tell us Christians that our Christianity is not quite right about the criteria it has given us for picking our spouses.

Virtue, you say, is not limited to religion. Christianity holds that it is limited to Christ and that therefore the Christian seeking virtue in a potential spouse should limit their search to fellow Christians. This is what your "non-generalization" is attacking and what my post was defending.

If you indeed believe that virtue can be found anywhere thus allowing that Christians can be virtuous, what is wrong with allowing people who agree with the op to look for their spouses among Christians? Why do you feel the need to tell them to look outside as well when ultimately, for you, virtue is all that matters and it can be found even in Christianity? If they have decided that marriage for them has to involve a fellow Christian as well as a virtuous person and they cannot conceive of a mutual exclusivity between the two concepts, why indeed should that bother you?

If your goal is to reach people who don't agree with the op, on the other hand, why bother? They already are in the same boat as you. Is it those still wondering if virtue is limited to religion? Then you have to face my questions because I disagree with you and want those confused about it to hear why I do.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 28, 2013
musKeeto:

You need to chill out, boy!! This isn't a thread bashing Chrisitianity.. All I said has already been mentioned by a lot of people on this thread. Do not judge by appearance, but get to know the character of whoever you choose to date. Don't drop your guard because whoever says 'i love you' or displays the attributes in the OP claims to be Christian. The examples I gave about the corruption in the 'church' are not to give anyone any reason whatsoever to leave Christianity--do you stop eating apples because you had one bad fruit?--, but to serve as a warning to those who may think all 'pastors' are saints..

You really do need to chill out.. And I'm in no mood to extend this conversation beyond this reply. Have a great and safe day.

I can live with that, old man smiley
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:08am On Mar 28, 2013
El Guapo: Thank God, some are beginning to believe its not all about Sexx cool
lol
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Rexyl(m): 11:12am On Mar 28, 2013
free2ryhme: @op there is no such thing as xtian boyfriend/girlfriend. There is no where in bible were any man/woman had a gf/bf and do u even know the true meaning of boyfriend/girlfriend it is called fvck mate. Check your dictionary. The bible emphasize marriage not premarital cohabitation.

The Bible has for all times emphasized real and genuine love, which if it is to result in marriage should devoid lustifulness that Jesus makes us to understand as a sin. Love is a matter of maturity and that is reason that a Christian that is ripe of age and looking for a “life“ partner should first pray over it and when he/she has been convinced about the “godly“ characters being looked for he/she must propose or find a way to do it in a clean way if the would be partners are feeling shy. It should be easy to do if both are Christians but if not it takes extra efforts in that the reason to go for it would have been to save a soul by bringing him or her to God. On this note there will be need for extra care because a saved soul that is trying to save other should not be trapped into a situation that will pervert his/her faith.

A marriage for fulfilling the desires of the flesh can settle for just any thing in which at the end the the spiritual aspect of serving God suffers. You should remember that Jesus says God is Spirit and people should worship Him in spirit and truth. Likewise he warns that one can not serve two masters he will definitely love one and hate the other, and that one can not serve God and Mammon.

Christian life is not for fun. It involves committing oneself to honour, please and serve God in faith and truthfulness. It involves committing one‘s family to God because on this He wants parents to give account of how they have trained their children to know and serve Him. There is a very serious service here, the family should agree in their devotion to God. To achieve this all members must be in the same spirit of praise and worship, reading any guiding life on scriptures, praying and setting out for daily activities with the mind to share the scriptural lessons of the day with somebody to meet his or her need. A Christian family should know that each member is a branch in the body of Christ. Once they are together the beauty of it is to edify Christ and glorify God through him. He says he is the way, the truth and life in God.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by loswhite(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: A boyfriend to us christians is someone u hope for a lifetime with,that's y its not preferable to date wen ur not ready to marry
dats true but d problem is most girls ask a lot frm their boyfriend so at d end of the day after spending so much and for some reason u don't get married u've lost
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I can live with that, old man smiley
grin
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by dagr8(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
[size=15pt]Just passing...Christian boyfriends and girlfriends grin grin grin [/size]
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
dagr8: [size=15pt]Just passing...Christian boyfriends and girlfriends grin grin grin [/size]
tongue
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by kendlez(f): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
MacDaddy01:

My GF is is a christian like you. You do not know her, yet you insult her just to spite an atheist.

"love thy neighbour" is missing from your bible.

You also got two likes lol

U claim she's a christian that studies her bible nd prays yet she's dating u an atheist.....very pathetic indeed.... obviously "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" is missing from ur girlfriends bible........so now, who's deceiving who? Pls if u have nothing constructive to say on dis thread----» #HUSH
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by dagr8(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
musKeeto:
tongue
[size=15pt]What are u doing here? Are u a christian boyfriend ni? tongue [/size]
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
dagr8:
[size=15pt]What are u doing here? Are u a christian boyfriend ni? tongue [/size]
nope. Im a christian's boyfriend.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2013
dagr8: [size=15pt]Just passing...Christian boyfriends and girlfriends grin grin grin [/size]
hookay!
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
Who is a Christian boyfriend?

A Christian boyfriend is one whose fidelity is so strong, that you will think he works at Fidelity Bank.

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2013
CFCfan: Who is a Christian boyfriend?

A Christian boyfriend is one whose fidelity is so strong, that you will think he works at Fidelity Bank.
Rotfl

Your badt man!
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by VULCAN(m): 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
One of the reasons for some of the responses on this thread is that most people don't even know what the term "Christian" means. The Word says that THE DISCIPLES were first called "Christians" at Antioch. The first stage is believer, then disciple of Christ before people should call one a Christian. Unfortunately its just easier to call a person Christian because he or she attends church or did water baptism as a teenager. No wonder The Word says The Lord knows those who are His.

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by dagr8(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
CFCfan: Who is a Christian boyfriend?

[size=15pt]issorait,
den who is a Christian girlfriend? [/size]
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
dagr8:
[size=15pt]issorait,
den who is a Christian girlfriend? [/size]

She has the same qualities as a Christian boyfriend - She values her fidelity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle / Pastor’s Conference With Benny Hinn And Oyakhilome: Highlights (Photos) / Lucifer Is Fallen And Doomed! So Are Satanists/atheist On Nairaland & Beyond!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.