Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend (26855 Views)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun: @Akseph
Even God was a very bad match maker. grin Why ask God for a wife(or husband) when he failed Adam woefully? After God gave Adam his wife---Eve---look at what happened! If Adam had been left alone, all these wahala no go dey at all.
before i wil comment omo to dun are a christian, so dat i wil knw how to explain something to u
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun:

Chei, so you are not a feminist?
ask around...I am not
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nice write-up by HBG.

Patience is always a virtue.

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
CFCfan: Nice write-up by HBG.

Patience is always a virtue.
when I saw it, I thought about you...grin grin grin
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
I love Jesus Christ and his tenets and I try to live by them. He was good moral teacher. But do I believe in God, miracles, the Holy Spirit, heaven, hell, etc? No, I absolutely do not.
where did Jesus come from? You don't believe in God? The Holy spirit?

M confused
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by gsalvatore: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Na wa Ooo...most people claim to be christain,and read the bible but I wonder the kind of bible they read...

CHRISTAIN BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND, what does that even mean? FYI bible no support boyfriend and girlfriend packages, So na to give the package a Name to make OKAY ba? That's why you name it a Christain boyfriend/girlfriend. Just like some peeps call extortion "we dey seat office".

@nl.. Wake up, NO Relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend)unless you are married( that's what the bible really says).
Christainity is Wired to encourage CONJI amongst brethren(Some dedicated brethrens Implode), that's one of the Cost of being a STANDUP Christian, so Folks DEAL with it.

#dont Paint the Word to suit your schemes#
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
Even God was a very bad match maker. grin Why ask God for a wife(or husband) when he failed Adam woefully? After God gave Adam his wife---Eve---look at what happened! If Adam had been left alone, all these wahala no go dey at all.

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun:

OK. That's nice. You are not a hypocrite. At least, you practice what you believe in. Even though I don't agree with so many things in the Bible, I love it when people stand up for what they believe in. I thought you were a feminist Christian. I always found it to be contradictory because a person cannot be both. You are either one or the other.
I can say I am something but my action tell you something else.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by susay2006: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
musKeeto: I have all those qualities, yet not xtian.. Imagine..

Hallo Hbg, how have u been?
you need to be! Have a taste of wat it means to be a true xtian and enjoy d benefits. God loves u, so do i!
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
I love Jesus Christ and his tenets and I try to live by them. He was good moral teacher. But do I believe in God, miracles, the Holy Spirit, heaven, hell, etc? No, I absolutely do not.
u haven't ansa my question. Yes u love christ and u dnt love what he say and do dat show u dnt love him-u cant say u love somebdy when u dnt completely love wht he say and do
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: when I saw it, I thought about you...grin grin grin

I agree with the premise of your write-up; a Christian should only date someone who shares the same Christ-like beliefs, just as a non-Christian may prefer a guy/lady who is also not a Christian. Different strokes for different folks.

@omo to dun: You are spot on. Many Christians don't help out those in need when they (Christians) have the capability to do so. They essentially lack love for their neighbour(s).
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun:

It's a simple thing. I don't believe that he was conceived of the Holy Spirit. I believe he was a man like the rest of us. I simply love his teachings. His emphasis on taking care of the poor, the sick, loving your neighbor, feeding the hungry etc. These are the things that so many Christians do not even focus on. These are the things I have chosen to believe in. Where he comes from is none of my business.
ok! I want to knw where u talking from. Are talkin frm koran or philosophy
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun:

It's a simple thing. I don't believe that he was conceived of the Holy Spirit. I believe he was a man like the rest of us. I simply love his teachings. His emphasis on taking care of the poor, the sick, loving your neighbor, feeding the hungry etc. These are the things that so many Christians do not even focus on. These are the things I have chosen to believe in. Where he comes from is none of my business.
I think the source of the fountain is better known than ignored.

I agree with you about christians not doing what Jesus Christ taught them...for some its just going to church to avoid chores at home...for us its our source of life

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I think the source of the fountain is better known than ignored.

I agree with you about christians not doing what Jesus Christ taught them...for some its just going to church to avoid chores at home...for us its our source of life

200 Likes cool

2 Likes

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
CFCfan:

I agree with the premise of your write-up; a Christian should only date someone who shares the same Christ-like beliefs, just as a non-Christian may prefer a guy/lady who is also not a Christian. Different strokes for different folks.
yea, I don't get it why people are making noise for no reason. Take what you believe fits....then when you get home you realise it doesn't fit.....getting it back to the shop after buying is a hussle.

CFCfan: @omo to dun: You are spot on. Many Christians don't help out those in need when they (Christians) have the capability to do so. They essentially lack love for their neighbour(s).
so true
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun:

I respect your point of view. For me, the source is of no importance; what is of importance, however, are the fruits of the source.
are you saying that if I marry you, your father shouldn't bother me? His words shouldn't bother me? His rules shouldn't bother me? When he is ill I shouldn't be bothered?
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
CFCfan:

200 Likes cool
lol

Thanks.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun:

Yes you can. Do you completely love all the things your mother, father, relatives and loved ones say? Of course not! But you still love them, don't you? You don't have to COMPLETELY agree with everything someone says to love them. I am a not a robot! I was raised in a Christian home and, unlike so many folks, I READ the Bible and so many things made absolutely no sense. The ones that made sense I, like feeding the hungry, loving your neighbor, etc, I agreed with; the ones that didn't make sense, like rising from the dead, raising the dead, God killing innocent people, genocide, bias, women as second class citizens, I did away with.
u see cnt love ur father and mother when u hate d most important of wht dey do and say. Dat u dnt believe in miracle is because God have nt done one thru u. Secondly God does nt kill people neithfr ar woman second class citizen.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun:

First and foremost, my father's words and rules shouldn't bother you at all. You are married to me, not him. If he is sick, you would be bothered because I would be bothered. Your analogy get as he be. And you really don't have to worry about the typical in-law brouhaha; we are Americans! grin
I am a black african woman...

AFRICAN

Not american. You have an issue with your origin..I rest my case
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by ogaju007(m): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: where did Jesus come from? You don't believe in God? The Holy spirit?

M confused

Why are you confused? i think you should tell us where jesus came from if you know? abi?
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by ogaju007(m): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
Akseph: u haven't ansa my question. Yes u love christ and u dnt love what he say and do dat show u dnt love him-u cant say u love somebdy when u dnt completely love wht he say and do

Do you love christ? will you die for him should the need arise? even your pastors dont love him that much... if they did, they will be preaching the gospel in iraq, afghan and the likes...
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Akseph: muskeeto, i dnt even think u have any of those qualities. 4 ur qualities is mainly quantify by what comes out of u. Consider one of ur comment: Re: Adeboye Holds
Fellowship With Prisoners,
Guards At Kirikiri Maximum
Security Pri bymusKeeto(m):2:35pm On Dec 26,2012 Great move. He has to make
friends before he joins them.

Feel free to judge me by the views I hold about someone. Lol. I also like Ronaldo and hate messi.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by ogaju007(m): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I am a black african woman...

AFRICAN

Not american. You have an issue with your origin..I rest my case

Now this is what i love to hear .... when people claim they know there origin yet live the life, culture and even religion of people thousands of miles away. you have the bible, you have read it, you atleast read it every sunday... have you ever asked the 4 main questions (Why? What? HOw? When?)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope Approves Blessings For Same-sex Couples / My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.