Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Kano - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Kano (25866 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Zamfara / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 1:37am On Nov 05, 2012
for those that are taking the alternative route, see ya 2mrw.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 1:44am On Nov 05, 2012
meerah25: Iam Batch B corper currently serving in kano. . .well u dont need any accomodation for now. .becouse u dnt kn whr d ll post u after 3weeks camp in karaye. .mk sure u buy evrythn at home,coz things r expensive in karaye camp. .go with ur mosquito net.cheers!

pls hw much does kano state govt pay corpers?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by joecooper(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2012
Guys, all I will advice U prospecting kano corp members is to hold enough cash dat will last you for d 3 weeks...cos, d closest ATM is abt 3 hours away from d camp so.....give UЯ self brain!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Bright146(m): 9:31am On Nov 05, 2012
Nice one... I have been in this state for like 15 years... I served here in kano...presently in kano. This my story.....

When i first arrive karaye, i wasnt comfortable cos sabon gari flexing have already taken me...
The first night i tried my possible best to get my reg no. I got the number and my kit the next morning. I didnt go there with my ATM card cos i have enough with me.... I met my school mate from ESUT ( Bsc. mathematics) Ben STat and Val IMS. We had great time i met a girl (chidimma, she is married now). For the first week gone; i ran out of cash and the only option is to go out from the camp. I request for "Pass" i was granted exit to town. The camp coordinator asked me to come back same day. When i got to sabon gari, i pack as much money i needed... Got back to camp started life again.... All this happened 2010 batch b.... ..

I wish new happy stay in kano.... Pls dont contact me cos i may turn u down
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Slizbeat(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
kano corpers, una go lyk am. the weather there is lyk New york during harmattan, extremely cold. during the hot period, extremely hot. still angry leaving kano till date cos i stayed there 4 15years in nomansland of sabongari. the place is peaceful though but weneva any religious crisis start(we pray it dont), please do get to sabongari cos its most secured for non indigenes. try to patronise the sabongari market and u wud eva cherish it, things are cheap there, an okada there can even tk u 4rm a distnce lyk badagry to ojota 4 jst 200naira(usin lag as example). infact eh, kano is home, was born there bt be careful of religious bigots. safe journey to d commercial city of kano, the centre of commerce. av so many frnds to link u to there if u want cos am nw in lagos. quote if u want.
NOTE- the city is nt as bad as media paints it buh 4 dos who av xperience crisis there, its damn nt gud to re-xperience.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by meerah25(f): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
fatai2:

Meerah25, which ministry or Village dey carry u go?

80% corp members got posted to schools to teach. . .thank God im posted to one of the media broadcasting stations inside kano townsmiley
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by meerah25(f): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
Orpelin:

pls hw much does kano state govt pay corpers?

it depends on the local govt u r posted too. . .some pay 5k,4k,3k thats for local govt. .state pays batch C that recently pass out 36k. . .
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
meerah25:

it depends on the local govt u r posted too. . .some pay 5k,4k,3k thats for local govt. .state pays batch C that recently pass out 36k. . .
...na lie
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by fatai2: 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Orpelin:

Sir,hw is the branch network strenght of these banks around kano city and state generally; Access,ECO, GTBank and First Bank

All of them have atleast minimum of 6 branches with GT and First Bank having more than 6.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by lakemoyoh: 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2012
guys am one of batch b 2011 gallant boys kayare is so much more fun than you think. you wil surely av fun dia. i miss kusala dam jare
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 8:41am On Nov 06, 2012
Good to go.
On the way to Karaye Town, Kano state.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Kachi01: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2012
You all are welcome to kano, as you serve nigeria in this capacity, i pray that the good Lord will preserve all of you In Jesus Name. I've been in kano for a long time, it is a nice place just for few moments of madness but let me warn the ladies posted to kano, be concious hw you dress when you come to kano because some of you will be posted to rural areas to avoid rape. Once again, welcome to kano 'tumbi giwa, ko dai mai kazo amfika'
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
Kachi01: welcome to kano 'tumbi giwa, ko dai mai kazo amfika'
Tanks.pls what is the meaning of the above quoted sentence?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
pls hw can one go abt submission of request letter for a preferential PPA posting?
Will the organisation send the letter itself or I will submit the letter myself
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
pls I need sec PPA along sabon gari-KMC-Kofar Nassarawa side.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
Orpelin: pls I need sec PPA along sabon gari-KMC-Kofar Nassarawa side.
Aboki Opelin, how far? No tell me say u still dey Kano oooo... Thought u already got a PPA... Wetin u dey find again?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Inufele1: 12:31am On Mar 01, 2013
I have just been recently posted to kano, is there anyone else in shoe? I am batch a corp member!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 5:08am On Mar 01, 2013
Inufele1: I have just been recently posted to kano, is there anyone else in shoe? I am batch a corp member!
U ar welcome to KANO state of Nigeria. where are others??
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by donted(m): 6:08am On Mar 01, 2013
mikedaniel76@gmail.com:
Hi everyone, I've spent ma whole 24 years on Godz earth in the city of Dabo,(dats the name the indegenes call kano) And I can make bold to tell u guys dat are posted to kano dat y'all should start shoutin "jabulani" , coz kano is one state dat u wud neva want to leave even afta ur service year. Am originally from C/River state, but. Was born, bread, and did my prim, and second.education in kano, but did ma BSC in Jos. 08062494694 is da Numba to call for any help in kano, the names are Mike Daniel Okaba. Nice to meet u guyz!!!!

As for me I was so worried when I receive my call up letter and was posted to Kano although I sch in jos bt dis extreme north is too scary because of these Boko boys.u ppl uplifted my spirit a little
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by donted(m): 6:11am On Mar 01, 2013
Orpelin:
U ar welcome to KANO state of Nigeria. where are others??

I have just been recently posted too but am a little bit scared.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 6:23am On Mar 01, 2013
donted:

I have just been recently posted too but am a little bit scared.

Honestly, the state has its Good & Bad
I shall post some new development in Kano state soonest
Btw,u sch at Jos so there shdnt be this scary thing again now
If U make up ur mind to stay,good for U & If U want and wish to leave the state it is possible as well.
brb
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Inufele1: 7:09am On Mar 01, 2013
@ oparlen , please update us on the latest in kano and also the best means of travelling down(air, train or road) ? I am currently in Ibadan
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2013
Eyyah, kusala dam pple.. I know u guys would definitely enjoy it, although they don't sell buzz in the maami market shaa, so if u love shayo and stuff, u've gotta put it on hold for the nxt 3 weeks.. Apart frm dat the camp is a lil cool, u won't really sweat during parade cos of the weather, and its also extremely cold dere in the morning, but don't lemme discourage u sha. If u really wanna enjoy your time dere, make sure u join one group or anoda to occupy ur time, u could also join the OBS.. If u have any oda enquiries feel free to just ask, again I wanna say welcome to Karaye
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Austin, this is present report
Max Daytime Temperature 39°C
Heat and Humidity Discomfort High
as per buzz,correct arrangmt can be made with some "ppl that do go out regularly"
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by donted(m): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
austin4real: Eyyah, kusala dam pple.. I know u guys would definitely enjoy it, although they don't sell buzz in the maami market shaa, so if u love shayo and stuff, u've gotta put it on hold for the nxt 3 weeks.. Apart frm dat the camp is a lil cool, u won't really sweat during parade cos of the weather, and its also extremely cold dere in the morning, but don't lemme discourage u sha. If u really wanna enjoy your time dere, make sure u join one group or anoda to occupy ur time, u could also join the OBS.. If u have any oda enquiries feel free to just ask, again I wanna say welcome to Karaye

Do you have any idea on the sate alawi pay
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by 30secs(m): 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
Kano.... I'm so dead!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
mencade whr r u?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
Pls note that everything I shall say/write are all borne from my personal opinion and observations here in kano. thanks
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
Kano state bans use of motorcycles
http://www.m.naij.com/news/20725.html

With this new development, transportation cost is now costy and scary
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
Operlin shld be able to answer dat.. I redeployed @ the end of orientation, which I'm still regretting shaa
donted:

Do you have any idea on the sate alawi pay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? / The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos / Youth Corper Shot Dead In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.