Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Kano - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Kano (25926 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Zamfara / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
Orpelin: Austin, this is present report
Max Daytime Temperature 39°C
Heat and Humidity Discomfort High
as per buzz,correct arrangmt can be made with some "ppl that do go out regularly"
I know it can be gotten shaa one way or the other but kano lacks variety of buzz, I fink u would only find mcdowells dere... But I hail ooo, so u mean the weather condition is much worse dan November december... Choi...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by rhymesteey(f): 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
Any one in da house posted to kano should pls direct me am coming from Porthacourt or better still ping me 25fd218b tnx
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
rhymesteey: Any one in da house posted to kano should pls direct me am coming from Porthacourt or better still ping me 25fd218b tnx
Madam are u going buy flight or road.. Journey by road is quite hectic oooo.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Inufele1: @ Orperlin, please update us on the latest in kano and also the best means of travelling down(air, train or road) ? I am currently in Ibadan
As for Air Transport[/b]There is no flight from Ib to kano except U go thru Lagos port. Airfare now will be increasing but booking can be done online. There are just 3 airline that ply Lag-Kano: Aero,IRS & Arik in there increasing order of cost and usu twice per day.pls dont try any of those airline 2nd time flight to Kano,cos U will land here late & U will not CAMP in the day time.
Sabon Gari, which is the most relative & preferred town for the non-hausa can be use as a stop-over, is just few minute away & cost between 50-100 fare from the port.
[b]As For Road Transport
,pls locate any good motor pact where there is inter-state travel to north.
Pls try and find ur fellow corpers and ensure U board a direct-single-route bus or car to kano,cos some do carry ppl travelling along that route & it slow down the destination time.
Last situation report from Crosscountry & ABC shows that they are not dependable.
Also,cos of the diversion of traffic due to the flyover bridge projects currently going on around the state city,some bus may not want to take corpers to the interior mega-city where it may be easier for them to get to camp,however, wherever point they stop,just look for cab to take U to Kabuga & from here U will get bus to Karaye Camp
As For Train Transpost,pls forget that thing cos I have not seen any train here but heard that they travel Kano-Lag on Mon,Kano to Offa
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by rhymesteey(f): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
By flight @austin4real were u posted there too or u work there
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
austin4real: Operlin shld be able to answer dat.. I redeployed @ the end of orientation, which I'm still regretting shaa
why are you regretting, which state did you redeploy to, even if operlin have his way, he ll redeploy as well
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ogbeche77: why are you regretting, which state did you redeploy to, even if operlin have his way, he ll redeploy as well
Bro has I just finish my PV few hr ago,I called my 'main official' for secretariart,knowing fully well that they would have gone to Abj to collect mails and he told me to come 2mor "Fully" and check if my name is among the newly approved batch.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
Orpelin:
Bro has I just finish my PV few hr ago,I called my 'main official' for secretariart,knowing fully well that they would have gone to Abj to collect mails and he told me to come 2mor "Fully" and check if my name is among the newly approved batch.
your head dey there, hope na lagos or ogun u dey come, I dey expect you, I was with your course mate,' Inzaghi' at ibadan last week, we had a discussion about you
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
rhymesteey: By flight @austin4real were u posted there too or u work there
Good, start the preparation.Are U willing to stay or not?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by rhymesteey(f): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]I might stay but wanna feel the town first
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ogbeche77: why are you regretting, which state did you redeploy to, even if operlin have his way, he ll redeploy as well

I redeployed to Ibadan oooo, I just dey vex cos dem neva pay allowee, and the school dey posted me to omo na die... All in all shaa its all gewd....
rhymesteey: By flight @austin4real were u posted there too or u work there
I'm actually a batch C member and all I gotta say is I Went, I saw and I Conquered.... Flight is the best option tho. When do u intend on leaving for camp
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
This is not to discourage U ppl pls.
KANO state is equivalent & accorded same treatment as BORNO and YOBE state.(Based on the prevelling security situations here also based on last treatment they gave 12C corpers)
AUTOMATIC REDEPLOYMENT SHALL & WILL be GRANTED to any corper that apply in CAMP with even as
simple reason as INSECURITY, FAMILY PRESSURE, PSYCOTRAUMA etc.
U may not get ur most preferred state if its those "no-go-area
state" but u can still get a proxy-state inlieu, but for others who will not apply for those high-profile states, ur are good to go!!!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
rhymesteey: [color=#006600][/color]I might stay but wanna feel the town first
Dere is nufin to feel dere ooo madam, its only if u were fortunate enuf to be posted to Sabon Gaari dat u would enjoy it a lil.. Better start packaging ur fake medical report now oooo.....
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
This is for those that have some REAL medical case. U are to go to the CAMP with these.
medical report, prescription sheet, receits of drugs purchased, and other services provided by the hospital which must not be private.
Lucky in kano Camp,they do not usually carry out counter-medical examination by external personnel.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
Orpelin: This is for those that have some REAL medical case. U are to go to the CAMP with these.
medical report, prescription sheet, receits of drugs purchased, and other services provided by the hospital which must not be private.
Lucky in kano Camp,they do not usually carry out counter-medical examination by external personnel.
Orpelin, may I ask where u wanna redeploy to, and why u failed to redeploy in camp initially....
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
austin4real:
Orpelin, may I ask where u wanna redeploy to, and why u failed to redeploy in camp initially....
I had a preferential PPA posting letter with me then but was not granted cos it was a FG parastatal.
But now,if what that HOM said 2day turns positive,I'v got appointment with my Doc in Lag by March then.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
*For those that have and love entrepreneurship, U may want to test the Kano water by staying.
*For those that have friend,family friend or relatives here, U may equally stay for the good of service
*For those that want Town or City-side PPA posting, It has its own cons(I will share my experience in a typical Kano Friday during there prayer session)
*For those that will be posted to the Semi-urban,Rural & Interior Rural environs, they all have there major importance and disadv
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Timi1990(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
Pls have been posted to Kano state to serve too. Pls hw much will it cost if I travel by air,? Cuz travelling by road is very stressful. Pls help me out asap .
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
Timi1990, airline price is not static both Over-The-Counter & Online Booking,so I suggest U go thru there website and make ur booking Or better still,visit their stand from the desire airport base U want to take off. Any delay in booking and payment is liable to lateral & spontenous increase on per second bases.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Timi1990(m): 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
Thanks bros.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Frankaka8(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
I am posted to kano from unilag lagos. Am short of words, neva been dia b4. Any1 going there should add me let's hook up. My pin is 29f81621. God see me thru. grin
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by leeelian(f): 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
I just got posted to kano and am sooooo scared........... cryi
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 11:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Frankaka8: I am posted to kano from unilag lagos. Am short of words, neva been dia b4. Any1 going there should add me let's hook up. My pin is 29f81621. God see me thru. ;D2A48B07B
welcome to kano state.
leeelian: I just got posted to kano and am sooooo scared........... cryi
welcome to kano state
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by austin4real(m): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2013
Eyyah, don't fret jaare.. Its all gewd..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Frankaka8(m): 12:36am On Mar 02, 2013
leeelian whch skool Ʊ frm, am also posted there. We hav 2 be strong n face it.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by donted(m): 9:12am On Mar 02, 2013
Frankaka8: I am posted to kano from unilag lagos. Am short of words, neva been dia b4. Any1 going there should add me let's hook up. My pin is 29f81621. God see me thru. grin

I just got posted too. Av sent a request on bb
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by MrMi6(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2013
anyone help pls. posted to kano, dunno anyone over there. nah been to north before. pls how can i travel from abia state(aba)to kano by road. some say its a nice place, some otherwise. which should i take pls. anyone travelin from the east, holla pls. we need to travel in group. 08038927809 call me. kano.
Orpelin: Now that we all have to meet at Kusala Dam, Karaye, Karaye Local Government, kano for the orientation exercise.
Let share info and experience. Ex-corpers are welcome. Thanks
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 10:48am On Mar 02, 2013
Kano Camp ȋ̝̊̅§ a place you will always wish to be...hmmm it reminds M̶̲̅ε̲̣ of room 12.
A̶̲̥̅♏ a current serving corp member in Kan state.
Here ȋ̝̊̅§ my personal story to let you know ‎​ЂƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡w nice Kano ȋ̝̊̅§.
I applied for redeployment to Ogun State which dey granted.. But because of D̶̲̥̅̊ interest I developed in Kano state I applied for D̶̲̥̅̊ cancellation. Now A̶̲̥̅♏ currently serving in Kano and A̶̲̥̅♏ happy to have cancelled it. If you are a business oriented type you will make so much money serving in Kano by dealing with Gold and Guinea business because d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are very cheap here.
There ȋ̝̊̅§ nothing happening in Kano...
Do enjoy yourself in Karaye Camp because D̶̲̥̅̊ end of one programme marks D̶̲̥̅̊ begining of another programme.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by kennydee05(m): 11:00am On Mar 02, 2013
FOR DIRECTION:
From any where in Nigeria enter Kano.
When U̶̲̥̅̊ reach Kaduna start to dey tell D̶̲̥̅̊ driver that you will drop @ Kona Dangura.(Always remind D̶̲̥̅̊ driver alnost every minute because he may give excuse that he has forgotten).
Enter D̶̲̥̅̊ motor park @ Kona Dangura and enquire for vehicle going to NYSC Karaye ( D̶̲̥̅̊ T-fare ȋ̝̊̅§ N300).
Note D̶̲̥̅̊ reason why you need not to enter D̶̲̥̅̊ Kano town ȋ̝̊̅§ because of D̶̲̥̅̊ increase in T-fare because form D̶̲̥̅̊ Kano city to Karaye ȋ̝̊̅§ far and D̶̲̥̅̊ cost may be around N1000 sometimes.
Wishing you safe journey (Adawo Lafia).
For enquiry call Kehinde on :08068218386
A̶̲̥̅♏ a current serving corper in Kano State...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Frankaka8(m): 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
kennydee05: Kano Camp ȋ̝̊̅§ a place you will always wish to be...hmmm it reminds M̶̲̅ε̲̣ of room 12.
A̶̲̥̅♏ a current serving corp member in Kan state.
Here ȋ̝̊̅§ my personal story to let you know ‎​ЂƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡w nice Kano ȋ̝̊̅§.
I applied for redeployment to Ogun State which dey granted.. But because of D̶̲̥̅̊ interest I developed in Kano state I applied for D̶̲̥̅̊ cancellation. Now A̶̲̥̅♏ currently serving in Kano and A̶̲̥̅♏ happy to have cancelled it. If you are a business oriented type you will make so much money serving in Kano by dealing with Gold and Guinea business because d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are very cheap here.
There ȋ̝̊̅§ nothing happening in Kano...
Do enjoy yourself in Karaye Camp because D̶̲̥̅̊ end of one programme marks D̶̲̥̅̊ begining of another programme.
erm, thxs 4 ur briefing. What's dia state payment like? Wch lang is fluent there? D social life too. Thxs
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Frankaka8(m): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
kennydee05: FOR DIRECTION:
From any where in Nigeria enter Kano.
When U̶̲̥̅̊ reach Kaduna start to dey tell D̶̲̥̅̊ driver that you will drop @ Kona Dangura.(Always remind D̶̲̥̅̊ driver alnost every minute because he may give excuse that he has forgotten).
Enter D̶̲̥̅̊ motor park @ Kona Dangura and enquire for vehicle going to NYSC Karaye ( D̶̲̥̅̊ T-fare ȋ̝̊̅§ N300).
Note D̶̲̥̅̊ reason why you need not to enter D̶̲̥̅̊ Kano town ȋ̝̊̅§ because of D̶̲̥̅̊ increase in T-fare because form D̶̲̥̅̊ Kano city to Karaye ȋ̝̊̅§ far and D̶̲̥̅̊ cost may be around N1000 sometimes.
Wishing you safe journey (Adawo Lafia).
For enquiry call Kehinde on :08068218386
A̶̲̥̅♏ a current serving corper in Kano State...
how long is the journey using bus? How many days??
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kano by Orpelin: 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
meerah25:

it depends on the local govt u r posted too. . .some pay 5k,4k,3k thats for local govt. .state pays batch C (2011)that recently pass out 36k. . .

Frankaka8: What's dia state payment like? Wch lang is fluent there? D social life too. Thxs
The above shd answer ur question as per state allowance however, I will try and verify that from the more recent 2012 batch A
We all know that it is Hausa now.
Social life!!!!!!!!!! for non-hausa man, brb

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Age Limit. / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? / The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.