Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use (13598 Views)

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation / Dangote To Help Graduates To Become Truck Owners / Outcome Of Dangote Drivers Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by kooto(m): 10:21am On Nov 02, 2012
Oseniade: 300,000 km? That's worth at least 7yrs of slavery.
I think it can be done in less than 3yrs or at most 5yrs, eg.they travel from lagos to kano get to kano the next day, offloading takes place while the driver rests, the third day loaded and he starts his/her journey back to lagos,gets to lagos the fouth day [this also depends on how many places he/she decides to stop and how quick he was loaded/ how quick he/she is] in my former company our drivers do lagos kano in 4days, I believe it can be done in 5yrs which to me is a good deal of owing the truck after 5yrs that you can now give it out to someone to drive for you, besides 300k is good money in a month.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by kooto(m): 10:23am On Nov 02, 2012
I mean lagos kano lagos in 4days.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by hasyak(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2012
asQbaba ‏@AsQbaba
Vote Aliko Dangote as Forbes African Man of the Yr (http://www.forbesafrica.com/events/poy.html ) link to vote #forbesafricapoty @DangoteGroup @adangote #nigeria
Collapse Reply Delete Favorite
1:57 AM - 2 Nov 12 · Details
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by inquisitiv: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2012
Hold on, some people cannot bend down to even read well. He is not givÍng u any 300,000 naira for pete's sake.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by inquisitiv: 10:29am On Nov 02, 2012
kooto:
I think it can be done in less than 3yrs or at most 5yrs, eg.they travel from lagos to kano get to kano the next day, offloading takes place while the driver rests, the third day loaded and he starts his/her journey back to lagos,gets to lagos the fouth day [this also depends on how many places he/she decides to stop and how quick he was loaded/ how quick he/she is] in my former company our drivers do lagos kano in 4days, I believe it can be done in 5yrs which to me is a good deal of owing the truck after 5yrs that you can now give it out to someone to drive for you, besides 300k is good money in a month.

He is not giving you any freaking 300000 naira per month. Read a simple passage. Oh my fck. See Nigerian graduates!
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by azpekuliar: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

In trucking, you are paid per trip..

I once told somebody that long haul truck drivers make a shitload of money..

1100km driving at 80km/hh thats a 13 hour drive.. plus 2 - 3 hrs for traffic and potholes.. 300,000 in 20hrs isnt bad.. [b]4 trips per week
and thats a million Naira easy!! [/b]

4 trips in a week, Lagos to Kano? be realistic man! 2 trips per week at best!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by dannywest: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2012
mr_prince: "excerpt" He added that the drivers get trip allowances on each trip along with their salaries; after accomplishing 300, 000 kilometres with the truck, they will own it at no interests or repayments. WHERE DID YOU SEE 300K (thousand) i wonder what makes you a graduate if you cant comprehend this simple english passage. Shakes my head!

Did you read the 3 snippets from twitter attached at all before commenting? Or you are using a phone too and can't zoom? "Qualified graduate"
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Ikandah: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Well, whatever. Whether 300,000km or N300k, it is a cool deal because some graduates are already biting their fingers for not taking a step to apply.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by dannywest: 10:44am On Nov 02, 2012
okpara ugo:

He never said he would pay N300,000 but that he would give the truck to the driver after completing an Odometer trip of 300,000 kilometers.

It will take you at least 9 years of haulage for a new truck to average 300,000 kilometers. My 3 year old car still dey 75,000 kilometers.

The distance travelled by a commercial and private vehicle can't be compared in anyway. Think about it
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by mapet: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2012
It's actually about 2.5year, if you calculate it at the rate of 2 kano trips per week and 3 weeks trips per month and a week's rest....
realfreddy: Do you know what 300k kilometre is? Some of the drivers would have been long gone and buried before the trucks reach 300k.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by mrprince3: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2012
dannywest:

Did you read the 3 snippets from twitter attached at all before commenting? Or you are using a phone too and can't zoom? "Qualified graduate"
the information here is quite explicit to comprehend. Between, Dangote will never disclose his salary scale to the general public. Never! He only mentioned the Distance (300,000km) one is meant to cover before getting his allowance along side his salary which he didnt disclose! Open your eyes and read between lines .
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by kheart(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2012
Truck drivin is a big buz, n i m not suprise if he pays 300k for graduates cos i ve a friend who earn abt 100k per trip (he did nt even go to skul)
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by chucky234(m): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2012
Clocking 300,000KM of odometer with haulage truck is one hell of devilish task,people calculating 300km/day need to step into a truck heading far north to know what it is,its an herculean task. You can only complete 300,000Km between 5 - 7 years going by the state of Nigerian roads,those trucks must lost value by then.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by chucky234(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2012
mapet: It's actually about 2.5year, if you calculate it at the rate of 2 kano trips per week and 3 weeks trips per month and a week's rest....
Definitely not in two and half years,we are talking of 4 - 5 years.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by ironheart(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2012
What he meant by 300k is that is the amount people pay for a loaded truck from lagos to kano. Simple. Your allowance may be 10k per trip. Then your salary may be 50k. So all your working for is to optain the truck. Its that simple.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 02, 2012
With all the arguments on trips made in a week, here's a hypothetical example having in mind the driver is a human and no a machine.

Monday-Lagos to arrive kano probably tuesday.(Checkpoints,task force,rest etc)
Lokoja is a bottle neck with crazy traffic and the ilorin-birnin kebbe axis road is a disaster.

Wednesday- offloading.

Arrives lagos thurday or friday.

A Trip once a week looks more realistic to me.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Abbey2sam(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2012
I use to tink that the place to meet intellectual pple is on nairaland,please don't prove me wrong..how for heaven sake will they pay a truck driver 300k per trip, are they driving to london?and as for completing the 300k km,it will take donkey years to meet dat target,and before then the truck is dead. DANGOTE IS A BUSINESS MAN

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Newcrescent(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2012
Oseniade: 300,000 km? That's worth at least 7yrs of slavery.

Of course O, my brother. Even, the yeye PHD holders needs be verified whether it's genuine or Orijo. PHD is as a result of intuitive thinking which brings about creativity and creation of wealth. why waisting it for 13-20Hrs hard labour on the road as a hauler driver. He can do more if he wants to alleviate poverty than this.

Well, capitalist extra-ordinary in action. It's modern days slavery. Please, don't misquote me, I love the man for investing in the country but on this issue, I do not buy into it.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 02, 2012
mr_prince: "excerpt" He added that the drivers get trip allowances on each trip along with their salaries; after accomplishing 300, 000 kilometres with the truck, they will own it at no interests or repayments. WHERE DID YOU SEE 300K (thousand) i wonder what makes you a graduate if you cant comprehend this simple english passage. Shakes my head!

Read the Twitter posts under the article and stop arguing.

He said so in very plain language there.

Thanks.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
Are you blind?read the twitter message from the Rotimi guy very well before cursing some one.MUMU head like you#longhiss#
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
realfreddy: Do you know what 300k kilometre is? Some of the drivers would have been long gone and buried before the trucks reach 300k.

Shei u know the price wey dem dey sell those trailers? Abegi!
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by SamMilla1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
okpara ugo:

He never said he would pay N300,000 but that he would give the truck to the driver after completing an Odometer trip of 300,000 kilometers.

It will take you at least 9 years of haulage for a new truck to average 300,000 kilometers. My 3 year old car still dey 75,000 kilometers.

3.5 years at most.

Say Lagos to Kano is 1000km.
8 trips a month is 8000km

Now multiply 12 months by 8000km and you get 96000km in one year.

Divide 300 000km by 96000km and you get 3.125 years. Now add 4 months as error margin.

You come up with 3.5 years.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by beejah(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
interesting to read, but archiving 300,000km ain't easy trips
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Shaw007(m): 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ikandah: Well, whatever. Whether 300,000km or N300k, it is a cool deal because some graduates are already biting their fingers for not taking a step to apply.
Exactly!! U can see them here showing their bitterness and regret!! Ai laf sha!!

I dnt Knw if they are blind or anyTHing,maybe its the figure 3 that's confusing. . .300,000 allowance. . .Zoom the snippets and read Over, it was Ppl that hrd hIm speaking that twitted that. . .Bitter graduates!
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Wallie(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
300,000km for a haulage trailer is nothing! In the US, most long-haul over-the-road truck drivers average from 100,000 to 110,000 miles per year, that's 160,934 km to 177,028 km per year!

This means that a serious driver can drive 300,000 km in 2 years on average! Average means that some people will drive more and some will drive less. If a driver knows that reaching 300,000 km will make the truck his, a truck that cost almost $100,000 new, he will surely double down to complete the requirement in a short amount of time!
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by AjanleKoko: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2012
Smart one from Dangote.
After 300km, the truck costs can probably be amortized, and would have been sold as scrap anyway.

Let's say you do Lagos-Maduguri and back once a week. About 1300km, making 2600km once every week. Around 135,000 KM a year.
Hypothetically you can do it in a little over two years.

But we all know you will not cover 2600km in Nigeria, in 7 days, for many reasons. Chiefly being competition for goods to be hauled. Unless you are carrying fuel, or any equally premium commodity.

3.5 years is more realistic. By then the value of the truck would be almost scrap. At least you can sell it off at maybe 3.5-4m naira and move on after the stint.
It's good honest labour. Though I still think it should not be restricted to graduates.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
Now u will see graduate drivers turn into Crazy driver just bcuz they wanna cover 300,000 km.....Naija
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by wobintin: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
This is modern slavery in modern day Nigeria. I can bet my life that those trailers would have been worn out before 300,000km can be covered. The idea is just to make the drivers to be more careful and have a full sense of belonging. Driving an ordinary car isn't easy let alone driving a truck on our bad roads with lack of security. The risk is too high even if dangote offers N1m per trip.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by fastlane84: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
ironheart: What he meant by 300k is that is the amount people pay for a loaded truck from lagos to kano. Simple. Your allowance may be 10k per trip. Then your salary may be 50k. So all your working for is to optain the truck. Its that simple.

undecided
ironheart: What he meant by 300k is that is the amount people pay for a loaded truck from lagos to kano. Simple. Your allowance may be 10k per trip. Then your salary may be 50k. So all your working for is to optain the truck. Its that simple.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by andyanders: 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2012
a1solution: the man does not want the drivers to ruff handle the vehicles that's all. strategy 101
Just right. We are too crafty in this part of the world. We pray he/they keep to their word.
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by billyG(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
With dis kind of money i hope d greedy youth drivers in a bid 2 make more money couple with our very bad road will not make travelling on nigerian roads by other commuters d easiest & quickest way 2 go to d grave in droves
Re: Dangote To Give Graduate Drivers Trucks After Use by toluxa1(m): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2012
beejah: interesting to read, but archiving 300,000km ain't easy trips
Owning a truck too aint easy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Grant Thornton Nigeria / Is It Advisable To Submit Application Letter In Hand Written Form Or Typed? / Is Pro-global Integrated Service Fake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.