Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

All Saints Day! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Saints Day! (696 Views)

Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! / All Saints Day / Today Is All Saints Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Saints Day! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
Today all over d word catholic celebrate d solemnity of all saints, so to all my cath. Brothers i say happy solemnity.
Every age has produced a crop of amazing and holy men and wmen wu go to make d amazing galaxy of "great crowd of witness" in d catholic church. There are canonised, beatified, venerable, d well known nd d little known, from all walks of life, all time frames, age and gender, so named in buks of saints many odas not, all too numerous to b counted. It is for all wu having accepted christ's saving grace and now in d heavenly realm dat this feast is instituted.
This feast is meant to remind us all of d stuff each saint is made of; flesh and blood like us, to be counted among those favoured isnt enough to b a christian. Rather we have to cherish in our heart and show in our action "a desire to achieve santity" "be holy even as my father is holy", we must enter more deeply into d death-resurrection mystery of christ, we must die with him and so rise with him into glory with our sins nailed to d cross. Todays celebration gives us a reason to mediate.
Today heb12:22-24 just makes more sense, "we are in mount zion d city of d living God, d heavenly jerusalem where d millions of angels are gathered 4 d festival wit d whole church and every is a first born son and a citizen of heaven, u have come to God himself d supreme judge, and been placed with d spirits of d just made perfect and to Jesus d mediator wu brings a new covenant and a blood of purification dat pleads more insistently than abels"
and this even make me more happy as 2cor6:16,7:1, "we are Gods temple, God's own words are 'i will live and move and have my being among them, i'll b their God and they my pipo'...let us therefore rid ourselves of of all dat can defile our spirit and in d fear of God complet our consecration."
"therefore, since we are surround by so great a cloud of witness, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which cling to closely and let us run wit perseveran d race dat is set b4 us, luking up 2 Jesus d pioneer and perfecter of our faith...".
With all God's blessings i wish all a happy feast.
Peace frm d most high.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Is/was Your Holy Communion Service Experience In Church Today? / . / Christmas Is For Pagans, Jesus' Birth Is For Christians!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.