Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran (1405 Views)

Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Is There Sign Of The End Time In The Koran? / The 5 versions of the Arabic Koran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by cheddarking(m): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
A mother brutally beat her seven-year-old son to death with a stick then set his body on fire because he was struggling to commit passages from the Koran to memory, a court was told.
Sara Ege, 32, is alleged to have beaten Yaseen Ali 'like a dog' for failing to recite passages from the religious text, before burning his body at the family home in Cardiff to try and cover up what she had done.
The youngster's death was initially believed to be a tragic accident following the blaze at the house in Pontcanna, until a post-mortem examination revealed Yaseen had died before the fire broke out, Cardiff Crown Court heard.

Ege is also accused of abusing her son in the months leading up to his death, allegedly beating him with a hammer and locking him in a shed for falling behind with his Islamic studies.
The trial at Cardiff Crown Court heard how the university graduate and her husband Yousuf Ege had enrolled Yaseen in advanced classes at their local mosque and hoped he would become Hafiz - an Islamic term for someone who has memorised the Koran.

In a video recording of her interview with police Ege told officers she had set her seven-year-old the target of memorising 35 pages in three months.
But the court was told fun-loving Yaseen preferred to play with his friends and fell behind with his learning

'I was getting more and more frustrated,' Ege said in the interview.
'If he didn’t read it properly I would be very angry - I would hit him.

'But Yaseen wasn’t very good - after a year of practice he had only learned a chapter.”
She went on: 'I was getting all this bad stuff in my head, like I couldn’t concentrate, I was getting angry too much, I would shout at Yaseen all the time.
'I was getting very wild - I use to beat him with a stick.'
The court was told how Ege hit Yaseen with a hammer, a rolling pin and a slipper as well as repeatedly punching him.

She would also allegedly lock him in the shed, tie him to a door, and force him to do push ups.

The court heard that in the months after Yaseen's death Ege told a doctor she had been told to kill her son by Shaitan - an Islamic name for the devil - and that she felt 100 per cent better after he died.

Notes kept by her GP record her as saying: 'It is like something has been released. For three or four months I have not been normal

Police and firefighters were called to the family’s home in Pontcanna, Cardiff, in July 2010 after a blaze ripped through the top floor.
Little Yaseen was pulled from the blaze and fire fighter Rhodri Morgan told the court how he’d given him CPR believing he could save his life.

He said: 'I was performing compressions on his chest, but I kept having to take my hand away because his skin was so hot.
'While I was doing this bits of skin and fat were flaking off his legs - it was like when a piece of newspaper burns and curls.'

Barbecue lighter fuel was found on her Ege’s clothing when she was arrested after a post mortem examination revealed Yaseen was dead before the fire broke out.
She denies murdering Yaseen and burning his body to hide what she had done.

Her husband denies causing or allowing the death of a child by not stopping his wife’s beatings.

Yaseen's father, who would drive the seven-year-old to mosque for his Koran practice before and after school, has said he never saw his wife raise a hand against their child.
The trial continues.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226408/Mother-beat-son-7-death-set-body-struggled-learn-Koran-heart.html#ixzz2B49AvRXn

May this little boy RIP
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
cheddarking:

May this little boy RIP

dont know why anybody must be forced to follow a particular religion. especially if it is the violent type.
smh, so much for the desperate religion of piss.
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
If this represents Islam, Jim Jones represents Christianity...
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2012
rafhell:

dont know why anybody must be forced to follow a particular religion. especially if it is the violent type.
smh, so much for the desperate religion of piss.
Lyk xtianity is any better.. lol..
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by jcross19: 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
musKeeto:
no one is defending religion here bro , but try t use your reasoning faculty to view why this religion is violence , think from my own research and study i can say the foundation is base on violent because mohammad did attacked the caravans and robbed of their money.
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by pastormustwac: 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
The woman is a disgrace to womanhood.
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by hadbak: 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
I don't want to believe tis story is true. Buh if it is den d woman must be sufering from insanity. Which sane woman wil treat ha child wit such cruelty all in d name of he failed to memorise d Quran? For dose of u dat dont drink buh talkin like ur drunk, u claim to hav a knowledge of islam n yet u pronouce urslves publicly as ignorant by making silly coments. What dis woman did has notin to do wit Islam. If u hate Islam go report us to God n stop making malicious coments. I'm blessed n proud to b a muslim. Any whr I find me I fly d flag of islam..one luv
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by masterpiecer(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Terrible, very terrible.
RIP lil one.
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
I don't think this is true,no woman will do this to her son.
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
musKeeto: If this represents Islam, Jim Jones represents Christianity...

James Warren "Jim" Jones (May 13, 1931 –
November 18, 1978) was the founder and leader
of the Peoples Temple, best known for the mass
suicide in 1978 of 914 of its members in
Jonestown, Guyana, and the murder of five
individuals at a nearby airstrip. Over 200 children
were murdered at Jonestown, almost all of them
by cyanide poisoning.
Jones was born in Indiana and started the Temple
there in the 1950s. He later moved to California,
and both gained notoriety with the move of the
Temple's headquarters to San Francisco in the
mid-1970s.
The incident in Guyana ranks among the largest
mass suicides in history, though most likely it
involved forced suicide and/or murder, and was
the single greatest loss of American civilian life in
a non-natural disaster until the events of
September 11, 2001. Among the dead was Leo
Ryan, who remains the only Congressman
assassinated in the line of duty in US history.
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by SisiKill1: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
Yep, this is where we start fighting and trying to outdo ourselves on which religion is worse and forget the real issue here - VIOLENCE IN NIGERIA IS UNBECOMING. . .OUR BEATY BEATY FOR EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN CULTURE NEEDS TO END!!!

Oh please don't let me interrupt y'all. . .carry on with your show of shame. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
musKeeto:

No mind that hypocrite rafhell.
Re: Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran by LagosShia: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2012
The reporting is somewhat incomplete.after putting up all the allegations of beating and fire holding the woman responsible,as if she had confessed,we are then told in the end the couple deny the charges of beating and murder.

Aside,if the story is true,then the woman is mentally ill.but if she's not mentally ill,then punishment for a mother who kills her child is death in the sharia.

(1) (Reply)

My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / Why Do Muslim Men Wash Their Joysticks After Urinating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.