Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved (4087 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) / Are Tb Joshua Miracles Fake Or Genuine? People Must See This… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by yah1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
truthislight:

if it is not what the bible says why do they command people to follow such?

Will that be the way to life or the way to death?
Theirs is a very strange authoritarian religion damning people
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by plappville(f): 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
italo: Matt 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Truelly, you seem not to understand what the scriptures you are qouting means.

When the blind leads the blind they both end up in the well/hole.
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by yah1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
I pray that italo do not end in a well/hole in Jesus name (Amen).
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by italo: 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
Amen! I pray the same for you.
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2012
truthislight:

^^^

those are lies that you have been fed all along, and that is why you are an atheist today.

They use that to feed you that there is no God indirectly.

the NT is a writing by christ apostles and not the catholic church RCC.

The apostles wrote letters and taught the christians what and how to follow in their service to God/faith.

See some sample of the apostles letters by their own mouth in the bible a book they had wanted to destroy.

peter:
1. "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness." (2 Peter 3:16-17).
(note: his epistle)

Paul:
2. "The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write." (2 Thessalonians 3:17).

(note: every epistle)

3. "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." (2 Thessalonians 2:15).
(note: our epistle)

4. "And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments." (2 Timothy 4:12-13).

5. "Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction." (2 Corinthians 13:10).

6. "I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:" (1 Corinthians 5:9).
(note: his epistle)

7. "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat." (1 Corinthians 5:11).
(note: I have written unto you)

8. "Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not." (Galatians 1:20).
( I write unto you,)

9. "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" (Ephesians 3:3-4).

(note: as I wrote afore in few words,)

Congregations to exchange letters :

1. "And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea." (Colossians 4:16).

This are just few letters from the apostles not to talk of revelation and others that they the apostles wrote.

Leave those hypocritical RCC that lie that they gave the bible, a book they dont follow, how ironic

Compiling this apostolic writings is not supposed to be a big deal except that some of them wanted to add to it.

It is a pity that the "logicboy" cannot differentiate b/w "write" and "compile"
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by ujchief(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2012
italo: Matt 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Let me help u complete it by including verse 23 of same chapter:
But he (JESUS) turned, and sai to peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offense unto me. . .
The first peter, was to anchor the church, the subsequent peters (ur popes) are the satan that Jesus rebuked in vs 23. This same subsequent peters was prophesaid in 2 Thessalonians 2 : 4 'Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God (this temple of God was the original temple built by a 'rock', peter), shewing himself that he is God.

1 Like

Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by ujchief(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2012
frosbel: False prophets have been telling us that the man of sin will be coming soon, but the truth is, the man of SIN has been around for over 1000 years !
of course hes been very much around. The bible never talked about his 'coming' but his 'revealing'.
2 thess 2:7 'for the mystery of iniquity doth already work:...'
vs 8 'and then shall that wicked be revealed...'
Hes already sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
HE WHO HAS EARS, LET HIM HEAR!

2 Likes

Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by Rich4god(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
Proudly CATHOLIC
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by italo: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
ujchief:
Let me help u complete it by including verse 23 of same chapter:
But he (JESUS) turned, and sai to peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offense unto me. . .
The first peter, was to anchor the church, the subsequent peters (ur popes) are the satan that Jesus rebuked in vs 23. This same subsequent peters was prophesaid in 2 Thessalonians 2 : 4 'Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God (this temple of God was the original temple built by a 'rock', peter), shewing himself that he is God.

Hahahahaha!

Why don't you try going into comedy. You'll be a big hit with dunces that can easily be fooled.
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by Ubenedictus(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2012
pastormustwac: The catholic church did not write the scriptures in the bible.
They have their reasons *emperor constantine* for compiling the bible, and throwing out scriptures that do not favor them.
Find out about the gnostic christians, and their history.
constatine had no bearing whatsoever as regards d compilation of d bible!
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by Ubenedictus(m): 10:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
pastormustwacc: This is something i did not really want to post before, but because of all these RCC jamtalking, i don post am.

RCC believe they have a license to kill for God, and that the pope actually has the power to send anyone to heaven or hell. I doubt if many of those RCC members even know what anathema means.

Anathemas By Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) : Read Carefully Everyone

and

Does The Roman Catholic Church Deny The Jesus Of The Bible?
so u read an ex-catholic to know abt d catholic church abi? That is like asking d average nigerian christian to talk abt ifa and olokun! It is not objective and it is and indication of how disperate you are to insult the CC. Anathema can be found in the bible, so if u were a gud bible student u shuld know what anathema means! It seems u are not.
Re: All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved by Ubenedictus(m): 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
pastormustwacc: This is something i did not really want to post before, but because of all these RCC jamtalking, i don post am.

RCC believe they have a license to kill for God, and that the pope actually has the power to send anyone to heaven or hell. I doubt if many of those RCC members even know what anathema means.

Anathemas By Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) : Read Carefully Everyone

and

Does The Roman Catholic Church Deny The Jesus Of The Bible?
so u read an ex-catholic to know abt d catholic church abi? That is like asking d average nigerian christian to talk abt ifa and olokun! It is not objective and it is and indication of how disperate you are to insult the CC. Anathema can be found in the bible, so if u were a gud bible student u shuld know what anathema means! It seems u are not.
The bolded portion proves u are a liar that isnt part of catholic theology

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did The Hebrew Women Deliver? / Could It Be Satan Vs God / GOD: What A Powerful Native Doctor Told Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.