Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? (17463 Views)

Dbanj To Perform With Usher, Mary J. Blige At Global Citizen 2015 Earth Day / Mary J Blige Performing In Nigeria (Pictures) / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by Kadeejah(f): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2006
das 2pac she kissin, das frum da movie poetic justice
LUV DAT MOVIEE!!!!!
itz real old tho buh itz hella gudd cheesy
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by Ciaralover(f): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2006
Kadeejah:

das 2pac she kissin, das frum da movie poetic justice
LUV DAT MOVIEE!!!!!
itz real old tho buh itz hella gudd cheesy
OO thanks!!She is some blessed girl aint she!!
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by Drusilla(f): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2006
Ahh, Janet does not sing hip hop and she is not in hip hop category.

How could she possibly queen of a category, she has never once set foot in?

Janet Jackson is in pop category.
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by diyobdw(f): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2006
For those who dont know define hip hop pls and probably with examples undecided
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by Drusilla(f): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2006
This is definition from Wickopedia:

Hip hop music (also referred to as rap or rap music) is a style of popular music. It is made up of two main components: rapping (MCing) and DJing (audio mixing and scratching). Along with breakdancing and graffiti (tagging), these compose the four elements of hip hop, a cultural movement that was initiated by inner-city youth, mostly African Americans and Latinos [citation needed], in New York City in the early 1970s.

Typically, hip hop music consists of one or more rappers who tell semi-autobiographic tales, often relating to a fictionalized counterpart, in an intensely rhythmic lyrical form making abundant use of techniques like assonance, alliteration, and rhyme. The rapper is accompanied by an instrumental track, usually referred to as a "beat", performed by a DJ, created by a producer, or one or more instrumentalists. This beat is often created using a sample of the percussion break of another song, usually a funk, rock, or soul recording. In addition to the beat other sounds are often sampled, synthesized, or performed. Sometimes a track can be instrumental, as a showcase of the skills of the DJ or producer.

Hip hop began in New York City when DJs began isolating the percussion break from funk and disco songs. The early role of the MC was to introduce the DJ and the music and to keep the audience excited. MCs began by speaking between songs, giving exhortations to dance, greetings to audience members, jokes and anecdotes. Eventually this practice became more stylized and became known as rapping. By 1979 hip hop had become a commercially popular music genre and began to enter the American mainstream. In the 1990s, a form of hip hop called gangsta rap became a major part of American music, causing significant controversy over lyrics which were perceived as promoting violence, promiscuity, drug use and misogyny. Nevertheless, by the beginning of the 2000s, hip hop was a staple of popular music charts and was being performed in many styles across the world.

Janet Jackson falls into this category:

Pop music is an important genre of popular music distinguished from classical or art music and from folk music [1]. The term indicates specific stylistic traits but the genre also includes artists working in many styles (rock, hip hop, rhythm and blues (R&B), and country), and it is reasonable to say that "pop music" is a flexible category. It may also be referred to as soft rock or pop/rock.

Pop music can sing about anything.

A hip hop artist can sing about anything but only if his or her beginings were from the Ghetto (or a relative hooked him up) (or trailer parks --where poor white lives -- this is where Eminem comes from).

Artists like Beyounce who can fit both categories Hip Hop and Pop cross over because they collaborate with Hip Hop artist. So when she got JayZ for a boyfriend, he made her first song to be: I need a soldier (ie a thug). So now she is well loved in both Hip Hop category and Pop category.
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by Drusilla(f): 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2006
Hip Hop examples:

Mary J. Blige, 50 cents, Queen Latifah, MC lyte, Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Bubba. (Beyounce--crossed over into Hip Hop with her hip hop boyfriend, Rapper JayZ), Sean Paul, Akon.

Pop: Janet Jackson, Beyounce, New Kids on the block, Spice Girls, Jennifer Lopez,
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by diyobdw(f): 7:29am On Jun 09, 2006
My brother
stop confusing ya sef she is an hip hop artist by your defination.

hip hop music consists of one or more rappers who tell semi-autobiographic tales, often relating to a fictionalized counterpart, in an intensely rhythmic lyrical form making abundant use of techniques like assonance, alliteration, and rhyme?

Learn more about Janet,

even
The term indicates specific stylistic traits but the genre also includes artists working in many styles (rock, hip hop, rhythm and blues (R&B), and country), and it is reasonable to say that "pop music" is a flexible category. It may also be referred to as soft rock or pop/rock.

Pop music can sing about anything. -What cant Mary J.blige sing?

Much love to Mary. J. But i prefer janet in this contest!!
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by Ciaralover(f): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2006
Pop is Britney spears, Jessica simpson and more
Soul is Celine Dion
RnB is Ciara, Janet, and more

Hip Hop is Rick Ross, Chamillionare , Tupac, 50 cent, biggieHardcore rap is 50 cent, Tupac
Country is Carrie underwood, keney chesney, Shania twin
Crunk and B is Ciara, Brook Valentine, cherish and more
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2006
u are right ciaralover
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by ciaragirl(f): 9:41pm On Jun 11, 2006
it's MJB
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by Kadeejah(f): 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2006
yup i agree wid u ciaragirl
Mary J. Blige iz da HIP HOP QUEEN kiss kiss kiss
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2006
abeg,janet is da booooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:15am On Jun 25, 2006
---------------

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 9:23am On Jun 25, 2006
janet

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by lauryn(f): 12:03am On Jun 26, 2006
When it comes to physique and dance moves, JANET
But Music-----Mary J, she yells too much tho
So I'ld say JANET is an ICON, while Mary J, is just a Hip-Hop ICON
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by diyobdw(f): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2006
@eveseh
Meeeeen! thats a cute pix of Janet she look so much like micheal there! cheesy
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2006
yea,u are right,that's why she's my girllllllllllllllll grin cheesy tongue
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eldee(m): 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2006
the first rapper janet collborated with was busta and that's recently. mary is the pioneer of blending rap with r n b making her officially the queen of hiphop
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by MP007(m): 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2006
OmO lets face facts here, both of dem are old, I have had enough of them , especially that jackson of a thing, what that fuk is she stil doing in the game people, she gat na naked video all over the net, for mary, , tryin to come outta drugs and everythang, , hmmmmmmmm! maybe i'll give her another chance, she still gat it.
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by desiree(f): 10:32pm On Jun 26, 2006
I think MJB personally, after all that she's been through; she still keeps the style and standard high.
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by EastnEuSis(f): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2006
Mary J Blige is the Queen as far as i can say, but Janet is also alright.

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2006
thank u East for those picx,

that's my MISS jackson grin

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2006
kiss kiss

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2006
kiss kiss kiss

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by EastnEuSis(f): 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2006
eveseh:

thank u East for those picx,

that's my MISS jackson grin

you are wellcome grin
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2006
kiss kiss kiss kiss

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by NINETOFIVE(m): 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2006
-----

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by eveseh(f): 5:54am On Jun 28, 2006
kiss kiss

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by edygirl(f): 7:35pm On Jun 28, 2006
M J Blige all the way. Her songs moves me a lot

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by edygirl(f): 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2006
mjb

Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by missblige(f): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2006
mary J Blige
I love her kiss
Re: Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? by danielle: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2006
Well i luv them both very much but Janet was the princess of pop since Madonna is d queen of pop, mary J is more of R n b but in her early days she was more of hip hop and even some of her recent songs cud pass for hiphop so i'd hav 2 go with MJB.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? / 2face Idibia Celebrates His 42nd Birthday Today / Uche Jombo's Outfit To Itweetnaija Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.