Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest (28914 Views)

Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira / Mini Graphic Design Contest (A "proudly Nigeria(n) design) / Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Seun(m): 9:26am On Nov 03, 2012
See: Results Of The Second Nairaland Ad Design Contest

Dear All,

We've decided to launch a second banner ad design contest to increase the quality and effectiveness of Nairaland Ads.

Contestants are required to design one original and compelling banner ad for each of the following products/services/pages:
* Tonto Dike's songs: Hi and iTzova (link) - to encourage people to listen to the songs.
* Nigeria vs Liberia Match (link) - to encourage people to watch the upcoming match
* National Defence Academy Recruitment (link) - to encourage people to apply.
* Gulder Ultimate Search Season 9 ([url=http://gulderultimatesearch.tv/GUS%209/homepage.html]link[/url]) - to encourage more people to watch the show on TV.
* The Programming Section of Nairaland (link) - to encourage people to go there to learn programming.

Rules:
* The banner adverts must be submitted as separate 154 by 95 pixel, full colour, uncompressed .PNG file attachments.
* There must be a distinguishable single pixel border around the ad. It can be any colour, but not too light. Dark is better.
* If you use pictures or graphic images, they must be obviously related to the product/service that's being advertised.
* If you use pictures of people in your ads, the pictures must feature people that look like Nigerians (i.e. blacks)
* Your text must be razor sharp and your images should be sharp and not distorted. Don't use Coreldraw or Adobe Illustrator for text.
* You must also submit your name, website, phone number, your price for designing ads, and the software(s) you used to make the ads.
* You must have access to a Nigerian Bank account through which Nigerian customers can pay you for your services.
* You must read my tips

Prize:
The contestant with the best entries will get free ad space worth 60,000 naira (Plan A, B, or C) or 50,000 naira in cash.
We will also post all decent designs that comply with the rules on a single thread so advertisers can pick designers to work with.

See also: Results Of The Second Nairaland Ad Design Contest

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by sisqology(m): 11:42am On Nov 03, 2012
Na wah o... And everything must be done?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2012
@Seun
This mustn't be a marathon. I think it's too much #justsaying

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by sisqology(m): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
afam4eva: @Seun
This mustn't be a marathon. I think it's too much #justsaying
Far too much and hw mch be d olympics dis tym gan
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Seun(m): 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
sisqology: Na wah o... And everything must be done?
We've reduced the number of required banners from 9 to 5. Don't forget that we required 4 ads the last time, so it's just one more this time.
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by lifestyle1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
There is always opportunity for designers and programmers, i think i have to switch... grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Todaynatoday: 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2012
Modified
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Frosti(m): 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
Okay, lets go there.

Seun, images do help to tell a story, hope it is allowed to use them?

##opens Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator##
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Seun(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
Frosti: Okay, lets go there.

Seun, images do help to tell a story, hope it is allowed to use them?

##opens Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator##
You're strongly encouraged to use images as much as possible but the images must always be related to what you're promoting.
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by mascot87(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
I dont know how to design banner so therefore wetin I go do?
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
@mascot84: Learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Johnthentic: 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
yes, i am in.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by BrandKing: 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
Let the FUN begin

22 Likes

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by freecocoa(f): 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Excuse me o, why should people be encouraged to listen to Tonto dikeh's useless songs? Isn't that punishment?
I don't understand o, abi she pay you ni?undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Seun(m): 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
freecocoa: Excuse me o, why should people be encouraged to listen to Tonto dikeh's useless songs? Isn't that punishment?
I don't understand o, abi she pay you ni?undecided
If you can convince people to listen to Tonto Dike's songs, you can convince them to do anything! It's a worthy challenge!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by freecocoa(f): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
Seun: It's a challenge.
Please remove anything about her from the contest, her name is already discouraging me and some others.undecided
Besides I'm sure there's nothing anyone can do to make people like those songs, not even a miracle can make that happen.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by ghettodreamz(m): 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hmmmmmm cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Excelboi(m): 2:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
Space bookmarked! *reaady to download Adobe illustrator and fireworks*

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by freecocoa(f): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
Seun: If you can convince people to listen to Tonto Dike's songs, you can convince them to do anything! It's a worthy challenge!
I'd rather discourage them.undecided
And there's nothing worthy about the song or the challenge of making people like it.
Its impossible to like, simples.
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Dermie: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
Toomuch.
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Elgaxton(m): 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2012
Im in.... Are to supposed all the details here including pictures and bank account etc?
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by Kslib(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
Seun: Dear All,

The Programming Section of Nairaland (link) - to encourage people to go there to learn programming.

Rules:
* The banner adverts must be submitted as separate 154 by 95 pixel, full colour, uncompressed .PNG file attachments.
* There must be a distinguishable single pixel border around the ad. It can be any colour, but not too light.
* If you use pictures or graphic images, they must be obviously related to the product/service that's being advertised.
* Your text must be razor sharp and your images should be sharp and not distorted. Don't use Coreldraw for text.
* You must also submit your name, website, phone number, and indicate your price for designing Nairaland Ads.
* You must have access to a Nigerian Bank account through which Nigerian customers can pay you for your services.
* The competition will run perpetually until I'm satisfied with the entries, then I'll announce a 24 hour deadline.

Prize:
The contestant with the best entries will get free ad space worth 60,000 naira (Plan A, B, or C) or 50,000 naira in cash.
We will also post all decent designs that comply with the rules on a single thread so advertisers can pick designers to work with.

The contest begins now. Please indicate your interest by posting here. Any questions? Check out our tips.
Omo i don enter road dey go buy laptop..
**stops keke na pep**
keke na pep: oga na where u dey go
me: na computer village
keke na pep: ur money na 3500 naira
me: no problem..if we quick reach,i go pay you 4000naira...

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by ghettodreamz(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
Excelboi: Space bookmarked! *reaady to download Adobe illustrator and fireworks*

I've actually been expecting your comment.. I trust you bro, go for it! Wish you better luck this time!
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by KingPradas(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
This sound intresting.
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by ghettodreamz(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
freecocoa: I'd rather discourage them.undecided
And there's nothing worthy about the song or the challenge of making people like it.
Its impossible to like, simples.

It's really about making your banner design captivating and tempting, I don't think it's really about the song here but how best you're at convincing people or getting their attention to click an ads just cuz of the design, regardless of their likeness for the real subject matter.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by FreelancerNG: 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2012
Nice contest... lemme test ma skillz

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by badgan(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
add my name to list ohh..photoshop here i come

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by freecocoa(f): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
ghettodreamz:

It's really about making your banner design captivating and tempting, I don't think it's really about the song here but how best you're at convincing people or getting their attention to click an ads just cuz of the design, regardless of their likeness for the real subject matter.
Does it look to you like I have an idea of what's going on here?grin
Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by ghettodreamz(m): 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
freecocoa: Does it look to you like I have an idea of what's going on here?grin

I see.. So why all those comments then? Out of personal beef for Tonto abi? It's about creativity & skill sets for Graphic designs here not personal likeness, sorry! undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest by zangiff(m): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
Banner designs at work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See Creative Things Art Students Did With Water Melon / 3d Animation For Ambode APC / Drawings Made With Nigerian Food Ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.