Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

How Often Do You Pray?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Often Do You Pray?? (4110 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by nikkyshyne(f): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
I say thank you Jesus every morning but I don't miss praying at night. Cox that is when I read my daily devotion. I have been on 'Every day with Jesus' devotional guide, but I just started with 'The word for today'.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by hollypagan: 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Prayer is the key to life
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Bond008(m): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hun-un-un-un, na wa for this religious folks! We substitute meditation/reasoning for prayer. Oops!
God does not need your prayer because you dont pray for God.
Communication with God is done via deep meditation and not prayer.
Praying is an erroneous motive that demoralises God.
Meditation means mental processing of an issue.
Today civilization is as a result of meditation and not prayer.
Your making is via meditation and not prayer.

abeg bros na whr u si am 4 BIBLE? wu tel u dat 1
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Bond008(m): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
pray without ceasing 1thessalonians 5 vs 17
shikenah!!!
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Sirniyeh(m): 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
manugbo: .

pls, bros we were told that jesus started with prayer. A good prayer goes with connection, u have to connect with ur creator first before voicing out if need be

point of corrrection. Jesus did not start with prayer. He started by searching for the truth which led to going to synagogue. So start your life by seeking the truth that can make you outstanding
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Don't you feel it would be much better to show them love rather than getting all worked up on their behalf (praying and fasting)

See Christ opinion about how you should treat your enemies.

Matthew 5:43-48. "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'

44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I agree with you, but not in the context of which you know your enemies who are cruelly doing you and yet you are just watching and blessing them! The bible says we wrestle not against flesh and blood also it says"When the lord turn away the captivity of Israel, we were like they that dreamet". the same bible says " While men slept, his enemies came to grow chaffs amongst his wheat". Are u still gonna look? The word of God wants us to apply knowledge where it is required. That is why d same Bible said my people suffer because they lack knowledge and understanding. Without understanding, meddling up, confusing all the pieces and parts of the bible is very common with people
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by realsammie(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
If you can count the number of times you pray, that means you are not praying enough. As for me, i pray anytime and anywhere; when on bike, in a bus, on the road walking, when bathing, before and after meal e.t.c. So it not until you start shouting and screaming before GOD will observe that you are praying to him. Prayers should come from the heart and my GOD is a GOD that knows even before thou speaketh.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by mallorca(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
codernoni :

These pastors don carry their rhymes full your head abi?
Lmao grin grin grin
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by trojanjeremy: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sirniyeh: Hun-un-un-un, na wa for this religious folks! We substitute meditation/reasoning for prayer. Oops!
God does not need your prayer because you dont pray for God.
Communication with God is done via deep meditation and not prayer.
Praying is an erroneous motive that demoralises God.
Meditation means mental processing of an issue.
Today civilization is as a result of meditation and not prayer.
Your making is via meditation and not prayer.
It is either you meditate or incantation.
It takes incantation to invoke the spirit. Mere utterances is vanity.
Since 2008 I never open my mouth to pray or all in Jesus Name but walk about meditating on the way forward, in the course of that I recieve inspiration. I follow my mind
and is civilisation the way to heaven? It is because man sinned that he is even civilised in the first place. So I suggest that you pray cos prayer is power if u know how to pray right! I pray and God answers my prayers! Pls Pray!
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Image123(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2012
op
Prrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaayy Until Something Happens. infact, pray hard.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
Image123: op
Prrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaayy Until Something Happens. infact, pray hard.

Nothing usualy happens
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
As una no fit start tribal war here, the thread don kpeme.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
I don't pray! And, it's of no use!
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
^^ Gosh?! Wat dyu mean by its of no use! Pls try praying abeg..its of every use. I'm here trying to even cultivate a praying habit..
No talk dat tin o..
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Nobody: 4:58am On Nov 05, 2012
I talk to God everyday.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by simdam500(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2012
I pray evrytime, even wen talkin wit friends i quote bible to motivate. Cos d devil in mother and father side are not restin dey strategize evryday, so i dont nid to rest too, i nid not to retire i nid to refire and be fire branded
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by azpekuliar: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2012
I hardly pray. I'm a closet spiritual humanist.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Image123(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
ifeness:

Nothing usualy happens
then maybe your god is deaf or you were impatient. my friends and I usually pray until things happen.
Re: How Often Do You Pray?? by Ezekieljohn: 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
When we talk about prayers we are not just saying 'pray'. Look pple, if u realy want 2 feature in ur future u must learn 2 PRAY. It's only those who r lead by the spirit wil go far in life. Prayer is a necessity 4 every living being. 'Men should always and never get weary'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Communion: Where To Buy Holy Communion Wafer In Nigeria / Theory Of Evolution And Common Ancestry / The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.