Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Are You A Picky Eater? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are You A Picky Eater? (6121 Views)

Is Your Baby Skinny And A Picky Eater?your Solution Is Here..... / Picky Eater. / Vegetarian Or Meat-eater-which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Picky Eater? by Roland17(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hello everyone

I have watched people eat and pick certain stuff out of their food, for some, its Onions, Mushroom, vegetables like chopped tomatoes and pepper, carrots the outer layer of bread, the list unlimited.

Share with us what u or someone u know or have watched pick out of their meal.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by berylLOL(f): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
I've seen people pick out Onions but i don't, i even chew dem raw..sometyms i pick out green peas.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by dominique(f): 11:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
i pick out mostly the onions and peppers. Its a bad habit but can't help myself. One of my friends even vowed never to eat it the same plate with me embarassed
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Roland17(m): 11:44pm On Nov 03, 2012
I watched someone eat Pizza in public and i felt embarrassed myself, the table was littered with sausages, hard part of the dough and the veggies.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by MissyB3(f): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
My brother - Veggies and any unfamiliar substance.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
Roland17: I watched someone eat Pizza in public and i felt embarrassed myself, the table was littered with sausages, hard part of the dough and the veggies.
lol
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by dominique(f): 11:41am On Nov 06, 2012
Roland17: I watched someone eat Pizza in public and i felt embarrassed myself, the table was littered with sausages, hard part of the dough and the veggies.

thats why i don't eat stuff like that in public cool
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by JeSoul(f): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
Lol. I am proud to be a picky eater smiley. I hate cheese, and so much of US cuisine is littered with cheese so I find myself peeling off layers of cheese quite frequently - nasty slimy icky goo - can't stand the thing lol.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
I used to but not anymore.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Iaz93: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
NAH. . .i eat everything/anything

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by ChrisChino(m): 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
sometimes i do pick out human hair in the canteen food. wink

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
JeSoul: Lol. I am proud to be a picky eater smiley. I hate cheese, and so much of US cuisine is littered with cheese so I find myself peeling off layers of cheese quite frequently - nasty slimy icky goo - can't stand the thing lol.

Oh yea, cheese! I'm not a fan of cheese either. When I buy food with cheese, like a burger, I always tell them not to put any cheese in it.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Ninilowo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Icing sugar on cakes.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Kockane(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
I hate onions, I can spend over 30 mins picking out onions in jollof rice b4 I actually start to eat. Most of d tym, d food gets cold and I'll have to microwave it b4 eating eventually. angry
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by claremont(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
I'm not picky, I eat everything 'eatable'.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ninilowo: Icing sugar on cakes.
Hate that too, lol.

Kockane: I hate onions, I can spend over 30 mins picking out onions in jollof rice b4 I actually start to eat. Most of d tym, d food gets cold and I'll have to microwave it b4 eating eventually. angry
Haha. I love onions though! Like cooking with them too. smiley
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by RedLight1: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
stones.. especialy when u eat those stony beans ..omo na trouble o..u will just be picky and at the sametime be careful of slamming ur teeth on a rock type stone

1 Like

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by otumfour(m): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
berylLOL: I've seen people pick out Onions but i don't, i even chew dem raw..sometyms i pick out green peas.

guilty @ bolded, plus fufu ain't ma thing too
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by micki83(m): 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yea,I always,always make sure I pick out anything I don't like from my meal: hair, ants,cockroac legs etc...after which I continue chomping down my meal heartily! *grin*
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Ocutegan(m): 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Long time ago was when I used to pick out locust bean from stew but my mom told me its good for this and that. I can't stand the smell either and I'm happy we don't use that stuff anymore.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Orikinla(m): 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yes.
I watch what I eat and the source.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by abiL(f): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
Red-Light:
stones.. especialy when u eat those stony beans ..omo na trouble o..u will just be picky and at the same thing be careful of slamming ur teeth on a rock type stone

Hahaha... Stones?! Since when did stones become a food undecided

Back to the question...

I don't like onions or garlic... Gives you smelly breathe. . Not a fan of cheese, but I don't mind cheesy pizzas. Don't do salads either.
Hate spaghetti/ noodles/ pasta, mushrooms, visible tomatoes, red peppers (I don't mind green peppers grin)
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by 19naia(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
yes,i pick what i eat from the plate or container and then put it in my mouth,sometimes i pick from the floor and eat..And one time i pick from the floor and eat outside in the dirt and 6 hours later,i crap my trousers in public when my nyash had malfunction...I feel sorry for the people who had to clean up after me...

1 Like

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
19naia: yes,i pick what i eat from the plate or container and then put it in my mouth,sometimes i pick from the floor and eat..And one time i pick from the floor and eat outside in the dirt and 6 hours later,i crap my trousers in public when my nyash had malfunction...I feel sorry for the people who had to clean up after me...
lol!

As for me, yes i am. I hardly eat outside and when i do, i'm very selective. Then i don't eat just any kind of food. cool
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Besea(f): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
I'm verrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy picky. I pick onions,tomato, cheese. I don't eat veggie salad, pawpaw, sour sop,watermelon, noodles, avocado pear and others. Christ! What do i eat? Is there a cure or something? Cos I'm tired of people asking if I'm normal.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Iykebestbt(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
I hate ONION like hell....I do pick it out of my food and as well off my view...any attempt to munch it will automatically result to thorough vomiting....this world would be a better place without ONION...
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yes, I am very picky eater...extremely picky. I hate a lot of things that I don't even know where to start; onions, pickles, mushrooms, olives, stock fish, dry fish, tomatoes and peppers that are not blended and cooked properly, custard, akamu, plantain etc...I freaking hate all of them, I just can't stand them. I can spend an hour picking them out of my food.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Walexz02(m): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
micki83: Yea,I always,always make sure I pick out anything I don't like from my meal: hair, ants,cockroac legs etc...after which I continue chomping down my meal heartily! *grin*
Whch kind food u dey eat wey all ds tins dey inside

@OP, i used to pick onions b4,bt nt any longer.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Kslib(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
I like picking thick thick catarrh and slimy saliva from my akamu or custard,cos i dont trust that old woman that prepares it..
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by deesnipes(f): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
I don't eat diced tomatoes and pepper in food even though I cooked it with the food, its for other members of my family so I just pick out mine. Every other thing I can eat.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Redmosquito(m): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
I used to look through my food for hair until I met my match

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
Everyone picks ONIONS from their food....so, why has the price of Onions gone up?! Anyway, I don't pick anything from my food...be it Cockroach, ants, rats...., Nothing. You need to taste Cockroach, taste better than Crayfish, lol. Ask the Chinese, dem d
Go tell u beta.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. / I Am In Love With These Two Chicks, I Don't Know Which One To Pick (pics) / When Broke What Food Do You Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.