Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,494 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Are You A Picky Eater? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are You A Picky Eater? (6122 Views)

Is Your Baby Skinny And A Picky Eater?your Solution Is Here..... / Picky Eater. / Vegetarian Or Meat-eater-which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by freecocoa(f): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
I remove the layers on bread before eating most times.
I'm very choosy when it comes to food so I most certainly wouldn't eat anything I can't identify in any food.
I like to know the contents of food before eating.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by pinkkystel(f): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
Am a very good picker, pick almost everything I eat. I hate seeing onion, peper, tomatoes and lot more in my food
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Ariyke: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
My sis = onion
I = pepper
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by ceciliaudoh: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]i eat everything edible.those dat says i pick this or dat stop forming
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
cecilia.udoh:
[/color]i eat everything edible.those dat says i pick this or dat stop forming
what a foolish comment to make...what is the forming there? There are only three reasons why people pick out stuff from their food; they hate it, they're allergic to it or their religion forbids it. The fact that you eat everything edible does not mean everybody should eat everything edible.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yes I am! It's one of the things I don't like about myself but I can't help it. My food has to look/taste exactly the way I

want it to, if I'm not satisfied with my food I don't eat it.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Torch1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Everybody hates Onions and yet it has become very costly lately in d market.
Nigerians and hypocrisy! Una too much!

@Op.. I only pick mushroon, any other thing na "pia ta pia" for my stomach becoz i no even send...
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Deyhmee(f): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
I remove the thickest part of bread either agege or sliced, i dont eat onion and i HATE Pineapples
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
abiL:

Hahaha... Stones?! Since when did stones become a food undecided

Back to the question...

I don't like onions or garlic... Gives you smelly breathe. . Not a fan of cheese, but I don't mind cheesy pizzas. Don't do salads either.
Hate spaghetti/ noodles/ pasta, mushrooms, visible tomatoes, red peppers (I don't mind green peppers grin)

Ah ah...so what do u eat na? Pray u don't become anemic o! Haba!

@ topic: as a kid I used to pick out onions from my food. I remember as kids, our dining table chairs were had leather seats with foam inside. My elder sis n I used a table knife to slash part of d seat open n we dump our onions inside so our mom wldnt knw. Ur guess is as good as mine on what became of those chairs cos d dining set didn't follow us into our new digs yrs later!!
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by QueenAw(f): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
Beans- leaves me bloated
Raw Onions & Garlic- allergic to them. Once cooked, fine.
If the above 2 are in any meal, gotta pick em out!
But generally, I don't eat much. A meal & a half a day is basically all that I can eat.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by ewizard1: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
Iaz93: NAH. . .i eat everything/anything

My kind!!! wink
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
I hate mushrooms. In fact I won't eat any food that has mushroom in it.
I hate the top and bottom part of bread.
Black olives is a NO, NO!!
OMG!! I freaking hate raisins, eeww!
I can't stand almonds, and pistachio nut
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by micki83(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
Seems like u pick evrything.by d time u're done "picking" evrything off,will u eat d palte!
ItsModella: Yes, I am very picky eater...extremely picky. I hate a lot of things that I don't even know where to start; onions, pickles, mushrooms, olives, stock fish, dry fish, tomatoes and peppers that are not blended and cooked properly, custard, akamu, plantain etc...I freaking hate all of them, I just can't stand them. I can spend an hour picking them out of my food.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by mojounited(m): 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Besea: I'm verrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy picky. I pick onions,tomato, cheese. I don't eat veggie salad, pawpaw, sour sop,watermelon, noodles, avocado pear and others. Christ! What do i eat? Is there a cure or something? Cos I'm tired of people asking if I'm normal.

Jeez! Do you suck blood then? #vampire stuff, lol. With all that beauty, dunno what else you eat to keep up/fit sef...

@OP, I eat virtually everything edible! Boarding school, a good experience...
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by MsAfroZest(f): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
I think mine is more of a diseases. I don't eat egg,fried meat,turkey n Chicken. Don't eat boiled fish. I hate pineapple, paw paw,cucumber,pap,custard. I have serious heart burn when I eat Beans, so I try to avoid it. Can't eat salad with mayonnaise or salad cream. Infact the list is endless. Thinking about it now,My parents were really strong.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by abbeyty(m): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
ItsModella: Yes, I am very picky eater...extremely picky. I hate a lot of things that I don't even know where to start; onions, pickles, mushrooms, olives, stock fish, dry fish, tomatoes and peppers that are not blended and cooked properly, custard, akamu, plantain etc...I freaking hate all of them, I just can't stand them. I can spend an hour picking them out of my food.

after picked all these what is going to be left for you to eat ?

as for me i can't think of any for now.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by ARareGem(f): 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ms.AfroZest:
I think mine is more of a diseases. I don't eat egg,fried meat,turkey n Chicken. Don't eat boiled fish. I hate pineapple, paw paw,cucumber,pap,custard. I have serious heart burn when I eat Beans, so I try to avoid it. Can't eat salad with mayonnaise or salad cream. Infact the list is endless. Thinking about it now,My parents were really strong.
^Indeed.

For now, what I pick out is bean weevils. Hate that. It reminds me of edible worms- HATE those.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Gratia(f): 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
Well while others pick Onion,I luv onion but I dnt eat cucumber,garlic and pizza,every other
Thing edible are express to my stomach!
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by koolguy88(m): 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
it's not good ooooo
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by carluva(m): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
;DU pipu shuld clap 4 us dat chops all d chopables nau.....

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by sunnshyn(f): 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
Aww, too bad people miss out on some delicious stuffs!

Kai! Sunnshyn's a FOODIE! I eat EVERY!

I love my jollof rice with long slices of onions! Jeez! My bro back in d day used to cry when I cook jollof rice cos he's also a picky eater n forbids onions lol!

The only thing I'll say I don't like much is raisins, but trust me, with peanuts? I'll eat a 500g pack in 30minutes...hahahah
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Les: 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
so you do pick akamu, planten and curtard from ur food, my sister abeg which kind food be datlol! Btw the way i pick food, i consider my self a half veg. Anytin animal that is tasty, i don't eat, fried egg, fish, meat- i eat only fried meat and kpomo, if i continue de list, it fit enter two pages, i even go d extent of not eatin any food cooked wit onions, fish, some meat and d rest of them. Infaat, i enjoy tasteless foods like a whole plate of white rice wit just a drop of well screened[removin everything removable, kinda like moderat tins sha] stew. Na why i slim like saY tomoro no de, where as my papa na fatty bom bom. I just wish i could stop!!

1 Like

Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
Kockane: I hate onions, I can spend over 30 mins picking out onions in jollof rice b4 I actually start to eat. Most of d tym, d food gets cold and I'll have to microwave it b4 eating eventually. angry
hunger never hammer u, u go even eat goat shit wey de ur food sef
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Goldieluks: 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
I can't stand the thick sides of bread, don't like icing on cakes,
i detest sightings of feathers on chicken, don't like the thick wrap of chocolates.
And am always keen on knowing whatever goes into my mouth.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by segunoz(m): 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Iykebestbt: I hate ONION like hell....I do pick it out of my food and as well off my view...any attempt to munch it will automatically result to thorough vomiting....this world would be a better place without ONION...
same here, i vomit also when i see onions in my food. What could be the cause. Is it like my body reacting to it? Some sort of allergy?
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
All these people that hate veggies; onions,garlic, tomatoes and co.... How do you detoxify your system? Una fit walka 10 minutes so without breathing like pump.

I hate junk foods - all those westernized artificial stuff- with PASSION.

Veggies are my favorites. No beaf fella; fish is great. Love onions and garlic; that makes me public enemy no 1 huh;cos people can't stand the smell and all that. Well, you can refresh with Euthymol and green tea.

Akamu+bitter kola = relaxes my nerve and makes me feel so HIGH that I even touch the sky.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
micki83: Seems like u pick evrything.by d time u're done "picking" evrything off,will u eat d palte!
abbeyty:

after picked all these what is going to be left for you to eat ?

as for me i can't think of any for now.
Les: so you do pick akamu, planten and curtard from ur food, my sister abeg which kind food be datlol! Btw the way i pick food, i consider my self a half veg. Anytin animal that is tasty, i don't eat, fried egg, fish, meat- i eat only fried meat and kpomo, if i continue de list, it fit enter two pages, i even go d extent of not eatin any food cooked wit onions, fish, some meat and d rest of them. Infaat, i enjoy tasteless foods like a whole plate of white rice wit just a drop of well screened[removin everything removable, kinda like moderat tins sha] stew. Na why i slim like saY tomoro no de, where as my papa na fatty bom bom. I just wish i could stop!!
I listed the things I hated. Of course, I can't pick out akamu and custard from food but I still hate them. The OP asked if we were picky eaters. To me, being a picky eater is eating somewhat a select type of food or the unwillingness to try some foods because there are things in them you hate so much that you can't eat them whether on their own or cooked into a dish.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Abbey2sam(m): 7:17am On Nov 07, 2012
I pick red pepper out of my food,
i don't eat fish,i don't eat draw soup and amala
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by Les: 8:39am On Nov 07, 2012
ItsModella:

I listed the things I hated. Of course, I can't pick out akamu and custard from food but I still hate them. The OP asked if we were picky eaters. To me, being a picky eater is eating somewhat a select type of food or the unwillingness to try some foods because there are things in them you hate so much that you can't eat them whether on their own or cooked into a dish.
yeah i know, just jokin. But seriously, i need to stop this and eat berra food to gain weight and not this my I-figure o. I love weight, unlike you, am not really a fan of modelling. I dont like modelling 4 some personall reasons. Bottom line- i wanna stop pickin food and get FAT!!
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by nekaa(f): 9:01am On Nov 07, 2012
Nahh, am nt but I dont like egusi, akpu and pounded yam at ol.... Then my younger sis picks out everything; onions, peas, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes( and she eats that 1 raw o), pepper....everything.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by prettiest1(f): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2012
hmmmmm I pick out cray fish in soup if it wasn't well grinded. I hated onions before but now, I'm begining to like it. I don't eat ripe plantain, garlic, green pepper in salad and lots more.
Re: Are You A Picky Eater? by topazjosh(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2012
mine is crayfish especially that big one,may pardon it in stew,hate icing sugar too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am In Love With These Two Chicks, I Don't Know Which One To Pick (pics) / 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. / When Broke What Food Do You Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.