Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering (575 Views)

David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / Orji Orizu Sues Reverend-Father Chilaka For N5bn Over Prophecy / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 04, 2012
i swear to God and i cant believe it.

I'm live in a catholic church now for a colleague baby dedication and the church is asking manchester united fans to come out and pay offering.wow,even super eagles fans too. shocked

what has the church turned into for heaven sake ? angry
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by calculusx(m): 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
@OP pls ask any of the Manchester United Supporters how the thanksgiving came about. In my own parish,which I know its the same process for every other parishes,Its the fans that requests for the thanks-giving.
Its may also be Harvest Thanks giving scheduled for every league both EPL,La Liga,German Bundesliga and Nigerian Premier League.
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by nedostic: 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
What a joke!If this story is true, it shows how Christianity has been hoodwinked by religious-business-minded swindlers.

Anyway, I do not see the Reverend's action as a christian practice,he is just acting out of religiosity and economical reasons.

Permit me to digress a bit,religion if practised as it is reflected in most holy books ought to re-engineer our 'minds/attitudes' to positivity nay progressive society built on love and order but the reverse seems to be the case in our country-Nigeria.

Perhaps, it is time the government becomes fiscally responsible by taxing churches and other religious organisations all in a bid of curbing the 'economic madness' in these religious bodies.
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
As long as it is not compulsory and the people are not coerced through twisting of scriptures.There is nothing wrong wit it
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by chiteny(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
chukwudi44: As long as it is not compulsory and the people are not coerced through twisting of scriptures.There is nothing wrong wit it

I guess there is nothing wrong with it till they say Ashaw'o club should come for thanksgiving.
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2012
That thanksgiving u said is for d harvest.
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2012
chiteny:

I guess there is nothing wrong with it till they say Ashaw'o club should come for thanksgiving.
As compared to ashawo work is it a sin to be a football clun fan?

What is wrong in asking man u or chelsea fans to come and do thanksgiving?
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by tobechi74: 11:28am On Nov 05, 2012
There is notin wrong with dat.

Wen chelsea won the champion league, d fans requestd to come 2geda to thank God for it.

D fans are askin 4 it. Its not by force.
Re: Reverend Father Calls Premierleague Clubs' Fans To Pay Thanksgiving Offering by italo: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2012
@ OP,

Did you see or hear any positive thing (in your opinion) in the Catholic Church you went to...

...Or did you fail to see or hear because you went there with the mindset that you could only see or hear things that are negative (in your opinion)?

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus The Archangel Michael? / The A-Z Of Global Christmas Traditions / How You’re Forgiven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.