Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process (155639 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / How To Check The 2013/2014 UTME Jamb Result Online Using A Mobile Phone / JAMB-UTME Restructures For 2013/2014 UTME Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Kayode121: 9:31am On Nov 15, 2012
Pls did any1 no abt UI fees including hostel, i need reply plsss
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 9:34am On Nov 15, 2012
Today's hint but it might not be useful for u now until later in the process of admission but it worked last year for him.
Yes, My score was 213 and My post ume is also 213, avrage is 213 also, and I chose Geology as my course.

Finally i heard about the sup form and i browse to jamb site and check the number of candidate in each course.

So i found out that SOIL SCIENCE has only but 87 candidate's, both 1st & 2nd choice candidate, so I filled it as my supplementary course for me to have more chance of ADMISSION.

Finally futo also mark SOIL SCIENCE, 180 as dia cut off mark, so this meant I still have a great chance, after all this, it was submitted by My Uncle, NO STRESS AT ALL.........

Now I finally made it as FUTOCRATICAL FUTOISM material.

Note: soil science is not my DREAM course, but i did it to just get my self in FUTO, but by God grace i will SWAP to another FINE COURSE

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by fatsonm: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2012
my question is -- can i gt admission into University of ibadan wit dz o 'leve? maths b3 eng c4, chem c6 bio c6 phy c4 course pharmacy? Wit dz o level do u advice me to choose UI ?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by PopT(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pls i need d subject required for estate management at federal polytechnic offa nd utme subject. I really need it
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
Kayode 12: Pls did any1 no abt UI fees including hostel, i need reply plsss
What was paid this year was around 35k but rumor has it that it may increase next year
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Kunlexic(m): 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Lets talk abt d recommended text book by jamb 4 d 2013 utme so as to prepare well
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by MATTHEW59: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
fatsonm: my question is -- can i gt admission into University of ibadan wit dz o 'leve? maths b3 eng c4, chem c6 bio c6 phy c4 course pharmacy? Wit dz o level do u advice me to choose UI ?
Yes but u need 2 score high in UTME to beat d cut off to write post utme though 200 is general and each course still have cut off higher than 200: aim like 280 in utme and u will be find.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2012
Pop-T:
Pls i need d subject required for estate management at federal polytechnic offa nd utme subject. I really need it
English mathematics economics and any of physic chemistry
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2012
Today's hint been ma birthday...

The ideal time to start the battle of admission is during JAMB application. Many would-be-students do not arm their selves with enough information that will guarantee their admission success. Many apply without formal orientation. Using the trial-and-error method, they fumble their way through Universities and courses selection. The result in most cases is failure.

It is especially important that prospective candidates for 2013 JAMB UTME give special attention to application. The reason is because there are new admission policies that will shake the admission process in 2013/2014 session.

For instance, there are questions you need to answer before you apply online for the new JAMB UTME. These include: How will the new Science/Art 60:40 admission ratio affect admission? How the new admission percentage ratios of 45:35:20 for merit, catchment and educational Less Privilege State affects admission? Since O level credit is required for admission, is it an attempt to phase out NCE an ND? What role does catchment area policy play in admission? How does my choice of course affect my chance of admission? Will all universities accept second choice?

Your knowledge about this and many more questions may be the only thing needed to pass 2013 JAMB UTME and secure admission. Before you go online and register on

www.jamb.org.ng, you need to fortify yourself with the knowledge of these questions otherwise you are loosing the admission battle already.

pin:27A625F5 08181583039 pls pls pls share u will be helping someone secure that admission next year.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by orelove4liff: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Pls i just did jamb 2013 reg for my younger broda and we are confused because of wot is in d photo card.Exam Town is ikoyi/lagos island east in lagos while d exam centre name is "Dummy".pls is there any schl called "dummy" in dat area?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
orelove4liff: Pls i just did jamb 2013 reg for my younger broda and we are confused because of wot is in d photo card.Exam Town is ikoyi/lagos island east in lagos while d exam centre name is "Dummy".pls is there any schl called "dummy" in dat area?
Well I doubt that is there an address attached to it
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by orelove4liff: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2012
macmos:
Well I doubt that is there an address attached to it
there is no address.they just wrote "examination centre name:Dummy"
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
orelove4liff: there is no address.they just wrote "examination centre name:Dummy"
Let me have the reg number
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by orelove4liff: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
macmos:
Let me have the reg number
reg numba 35530316CE, Exam numba 14612519, Centre numba 14612, Exam town ikoyi/lagos island east in lagos, Exam centre name Dummy.tanx
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2012
orelove4liff: reg numba 35530316CE, Exam numba 14612519, Centre numba 14612, Exam town ikoyi/lagos island east in lagos, Exam centre name Dummy.tanx
Ok have gone tru it if possible contact me
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by tboy08: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
please,how much is the jamb registration card?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 18, 2012
Please guys what date is jamb 2013 taking place?
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Simplefemo(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2012
Exam date is April 27, 2013.
Card amount as written on the card is #4,000 (visit www.jamb.org.ng to confirm).
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
What good here
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Odunnu: 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
macmos:
Ok have gone tru it if possible contact me
This is what I frown at!
She has brought a problem here, you have the solution, solve it here for Christ's sake. Dont take it out of Nairaland. It makes me think somebody is about to scam somebody.
Lets deal with all issues here on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2012
It's that time of the year again
when multitude of aspiring
university students have to apply
for jamb utme examination. For
some of you, this will be your 1st
(and hopefully last) experience.
For others though, this will be
the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or umpteenth
time of going through this
process. Whatever the case may
be, you all have one goal in
common - TO GAIN ADMISSION
INTO THE TERTIARY INSTITUTION.
Unfortunately, gaining admission
in Nigeria is a rat race. To
understand just how competitive
it will be, it was estimated that in
the just concluded 2012/2013
utme, more than 1.5 million
candidates sat for the exam to
contend for 500,000 admission
slots. So what happened to the
remaining 1 million you may ask?
Your guess is as good as mine.
Every year, the number of
candidates applying for jamb
increases by at least a 100,000.
Part-time degree programmes
have been annuled by the Federal
Government in all universities
across the country, which will
bring the estimate of next year's
utme candidates to an
astronomically high number.
Hence preparation is sine qua
non. However, before you walk
into the nearest accredited
centre to register for jamb, it is
important that you have a basic
knowledge of which university to
choose, what course to apply for
and what subjects to select.
1. Which University to choose:
Before you decide to choose a
particular university as your first
or second choice, you need to
have a basic knowledge of how
the institution conducts its
admission process. Some
universities accept 1st and 2nd
choice candidates, while others
accept 1st choice candidates
ONLY. Also, some universities
accept candidates who have
attained an aggregate score of
180 in their utme exam while
others accept those who scored
200 ONLY. Before you choose an
institution as your 1st or 2nd
choice, your aim should be to
surpass its cut-off mark.
Whatever the cut-off mark may
be, try as much as possible to
score above 200 in your utme to
increase your chances of gaining
admission. However, life isn't so
rosy and peradventure one may
end up with a score inbetween
180-200. So what happens then?
First of all, know that no federal
institution accepts any score
below 200. So if you fall under
such a category, don't fret, simply
buy a change of institution form
when it's made available and
choose another university that
accepts your score. Also it is
important that you select an
institution that includes your
state of origin in its catchment
area. To expantiate, some
institutions have specific states
from which they select a majority
of candidates as its admitted
students i.e schools in the west
admit mostly students of western
origin and vice versa. So select
wisely and read hard.
2. What course to apply for:
Sadly, this is the major reason
why most students don't gain
admission. Many students, when
selecting a course of study,
always opt for the hot cake
courses i.e Medicine, Law,
Engineering, Banking & Finance,
Pharmacy etc and sometimes end
up getting an undesirable one or
none. Such courses are VERY
competitive and require high
scores both in the utme and
post-utme exams. Candidates go
further in making the mistake of
applying for a hot cake course in
both their 1st and 2nd choice
institutions. It is much wiser to
pick a course which is not
strongly sought after by a large
majority. However, i'm not in
anyway trying to dissuade
anyone from following his/her
dream in life. If you truly want to
pursue a career in law practice,
medical science etc, then read
hard and try as much as you can
to attain a high mark in your
utme and post-utme exams. Also
choose a course that suits your
field of study. Some parents
coerce their children who are art
students to study science
courses and vice versa, which is
wrong. Such students end up
performing poorly at the
university. Choose a course you
naturally have an interest in.
3. What subjects to select:
A simple but dangerous aspect if
not properly done. Most
candidatets after scoring high in
jamb and post-utme expect to
gain admission, only to be told to
step down for wrong subject
combination. Cases like that are
common but avoidable. Make
sure you consult your jamb
brochure to know the right
subject combination required by
your choice institution.
It is also important to have the
right attitude. Scoring high in
jamb doesn't guarantee your
admission, so don't relent in your
studies. Universities focus on
post-utme scores mostly, so
continue studying. Most answers given
before the exam turn out to be
wrong and many candidates fail
woefully. Use the syllabus
provided by the jamb board and
study hard. Purchase past
questions & answers pertaining
to your utme subjects and
practise answering them. If
possible, attend jamb tutorial
classes to further increase your
understanding. Admission is a
50/50 chance, so remember "NO
EXPECTATIONS = NO
DISAPPOINTMENTS". Don't be too
presumptuous. Do your best and
let God do the rest. I wish you all
a successful UTME.

3 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by kaysy(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2012
orelove4liff: reg numba 35530316CE, Exam numba 14612519, Centre numba 14612, Exam town ikoyi/lagos island east in lagos, Exam centre name Dummy.tanx

Try and reprint ur slip some days to the exam date, if anything is wrong with it, it would have been rectified before the exam date ok? meanwhile try to locate the so called Dummy and see if it exits.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by orelove4liff: 11:26am On Nov 20, 2012
kaysy:

Try and reprint ur slip some days to the exam date, if anything is wrong with it, it would have been rectified before the exam date ok? meanwhile try to locate the so called Dummy and see if it exits.
tanx alot
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
I nid sum one 2 help me i did jamb last YEAR i choose UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN as first choice (LAW) OOU as 2nd choice (MASSCM) i got 239 in jamb bt unfortunate enough 4 me UI didnt shorlist me 4 postume, and i didnt go 4 OOU postume, afta hearin diverse of news abt d skul, afta dat i move on 2 mai POLYTHECNIC choice. I choose laspotech, went 4 d pume got 27, bt till nw ve nt been gvn admisn, i was ask 2 wait 4 d supplementry list, bt i got to knw dat they skul had alreadi resume.
The point nw is dat, i am applying 4 jamb again, and i want sum1 dat can advice on my choice of university, coz i plan 2 choose OAU as 1st choice (LAW) UI as mai 2nd choice (choosing any of dis 3 course(music/law/CL)
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by kaysy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Fynestboi: I nid sum one 2 help me i did jamb last YEAR i choose UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN as first choice (LAW) OOU as 2nd choice (MASSCM) i got 239 in jamb bt unfortunate enough 4 me UI didnt shorlist me 4 postume, and i didnt go 4 OOU postume, afta hearin diverse of news abt d skul, afta dat i move on 2 mai POLYTHECNIC choice. I choose laspotech, went 4 d pume got 27, bt till nw ve nt been gvn admisn, i was ask 2 wait 4 d supplementry list, bt i got to knw dat they skul had alreadi resume.
The point nw is dat, i am applying 4 jamb again, and i want sum1 dat can advice on my choice of university, coz i plan 2 choose OAU as 1st choice (LAW) UI as mai 2nd choice (choosing any of dis 3 course(music/law/CL)

Choose a federal school as ur first choice uni then a state school as ur second choice uni under most preferred , same thing to poly under more preferred. go through ur brochure properly to check for waivers before u proceed, then try to score high in the exam... if u'r in lagos, u can visit our office to apply then all other things shall be taken care of Click this link to get our address https://www.nairaland.com/1096263/jamb-online-registration-2013-biometrics
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=orelove4liff]Pls i just did jamb 2013 reg for my younger broda and we are confused because of wot is in d photo card.Exam Town is ikoyi/lagos island east in lagos while d exam centre name is "Dummy".pls is there any schl called "dummy" in dat area?[/quote I'll advice u to go to d nearest JAMB office n complain.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 8:12am On Nov 21, 2012
Fynestboi: I nid sum one 2 help me i did jamb last YEAR i choose UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN as first choice (LAW) OOU as 2nd choice (MASSCM) i got 239 in jamb bt unfortunate enough 4 me UI didnt shorlist me 4 postume, and i didnt go 4 OOU postume, afta hearin diverse of news abt d skul, afta dat i move on 2 mai POLYTHECNIC choice. I choose laspotech, went 4 d pume got 27, bt till nw ve nt been gvn admisn, i was ask 2 wait 4 d supplementry list, bt i got to knw dat they skul had alreadi resume.
Well some times some things happens for reasons but known to God. Ui didn't shortlist u cos ur utme did meet the cut off n I don't know about ur o level result cos UI do use o levels until this year but we can't say what will happen next year. Choose any sch as ur first choice n make UI second but with a lower competitive course.
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by tunex4ind(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2012
macmos: Today's hint been ma birthday...

The ideal time to start the battle of admission is during JAMB application. Many would-be-students do not arm their selves with enough information that will guarantee their admission success. Many apply without formal orientation. Using the trial-and-error method, they fumble their way through Universities and courses selection. The result in most cases is failure.

It is especially important that prospective candidates for 2013 JAMB UTME give special attention to application. The reason is because there are new admission policies that will shake the admission process in 2013/2014 session.

For instance, there are questions you need to answer before you apply online for the new JAMB UTME. These include: How will the new Science/Art 60:40 admission ratio affect admission? How the new admission percentage ratios of 45:35:20 for merit, catchment and educational Less Privilege State affects admission? Since O level credit is required for admission, is it an attempt to phase out NCE an ND? What role does catchment area policy play in admission? How does my choice of course affect my chance of admission? Will all universities accept second choice?

Your knowledge about this and many more questions may be the only thing needed to pass 2013 JAMB UTME and secure admission. Before you go online and register on

www.jamb.org.ng, you need to fortify yourself with the knowledge of these questions otherwise you are loosing the admission battle already.

pin:27A625F5 08181583039 pls pls pls share u will be helping someone secure that admission next year.
Macmos,pls get on whatsapp so we can talk betta,plss
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
tunex4ind:
Macmos,pls get on whatsapp so we can talk betta,plss
Am sorry am not n don't think I want to be on what app now the ones am one sef is getting too much for me let use other mean possible
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
macmos:
Am sorry am not n don't think I want to be on what app now the ones am one sef is getting too much for me let use other mean possible
y nt 2go
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by abdullkabar(m): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bro pls i want 2 take oau as first nd second choice..medcine nd microbiology bt uv frightened me oo..i am now confused undecided
Re: 2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process by macmos(m): 1:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
Fynestboi: y nt 2go
Drop ur facebook ID

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply)

2011/2012 Unilorin Admissions / The Latest On ASUU Strike / WAEC Online Registration (waeconline.org.ng)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.