Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? (10107 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Ibadan Church Bans Leggings, Mini Skirts, Open Bosom & Topless Outfits (Photo) / 'Wombless' Woman Gives Birth To A Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by packman: 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
baddiguy:
people dey talk dis one follow join mouth. cmon sharrap there you bladdy wowo woman! you're supposed to be taking lessons in "ugly management". wat has winners even got to do wit d matter at hand?? animal!

THE GIRL IS A CLOWN AND A TERRIBLE ONE AT DAT embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Blueboy0402: 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
berem: I don't get it? Is it bringing out the entire b..reast to breastfeed the baby that is the problem or breastfeeding in public itself? I can see its two different things.I don't see anything wrong breastfeeding in public but bringing out the whole b..reast is definitely wrong.
The key point here is "decency". Nobody is stopping a nursing mother from breastfeeding her baby because it's her duty. Infact any mother that denies her baby breast milk is evil. But the fact still remains that there is a better way of doing this in public. Take a look at these examples;

1. A woman whose fluid breaks suddenly and experience labour in public eg church is shielded from the preying eyes of the public. Why is it that women donate their wrapper to form a shield around her?
2. Why is it that career women breastfeed their baby while at their desk?

So as you can see I am not against a woman breastfeeding her baby but if she find herself in public I think she should excuse herself and go to elsewhere to feed her baby. Like I said there are better ways of doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by packman: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
Blueboy0402:
The key point here is "decency". Nobody is stopping a nursing mother from breastfeeding her baby because it's her duty. Infact any mother that denies her baby breast milk is evil. But the fact still remains that there is a better way of doing this in public. Take a look at these examples;

1. A woman whose fluid breaks suddenly and experience labour in public eg church is shielded from the preying eyes of the public. Why is it that women donate their wrapper to form a shield around her?

So as you can see I am not against a woman breastfeeding her baby but if she find herself in public I think she should excuse herself and go to elsewhere to feed her baby. Like I said there are better ways of doing it.

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DECENCY .......MAN YOU ARE ON POINT.......
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by ignis: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
packman:

THE LADY WAS SITTING NEAR ME NAW I JUST FELT IT WASN'T RITE NOT THAT I WAS LOST IN IT shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
How did you see it? That means you were not concentrating on the sermon.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by informat101(f): 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
lmao....is it the breastfeeding that is the ops issue or the tits that he could not just stop glaring at.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by naturalwaves: 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
Blueboy0402:

Any woman that doesn't know this in not worth being a mother. Who on earth will ask a woman not to bre.ast feed her baby? Like you said, the key thing is decency but most of them don't know this.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by omiobo: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
basty: In my chuch of fire, the last rows are reserved for the nursing mothers, some distance away from the main members.

That's how it should be? A nursing mother distracts in so many ways. In my former church,last rows are reserved for them.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Matigo: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
Not every church goer is a Christian.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Blueboy0402: 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
ciphoenix: spilled from her breast or what?
Yes! Spilled from her breast. This happened when the baby started playing with her mothers tits.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by naturalwaves: 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
Blueboy0402:

Any woman that doesn't know this in not worth being a mother. Who on earth will ask a woman not to bre.ast feed her baby? Like you said, the key thing is decency but most of them don't know this.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by oubi: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
Common sense is not common my dear poster.
At first whn I read ūя̲̅ post, I ws like y do Ʊ need pples openion whn every body wuld ђa√ع thot d same way Ʊ did.to my greatest suprise, almost every coment castigated ūя̲̅ action. now I ђa√ع got to understand dat most pple r low in IQ. QED.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Ezeufi: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
overdrive: Not proper could cause distraction to some with wandering tots.

Seriously, an african is asking this question?

some people aspire to evolve into oyinbo? just wait a few mllion years you will achieve your dream
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by oubi: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
ignis:
How did you see it? That means you were not concentrating on the sermon.

So ūя̲̅ own way of concentratin is by turning ūя̲̅ senses off. Hypocrate!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by oubi: 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
naturalwaves:

Spot on to all dis stack illitrate comenters.

I am outa here. I don't argue/canvass wif illitrates cos Ɗƺƴ can't add to me

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by megareal: 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
I'm not against women breast feeding their babies, its just that most ladies drop their sense of decency when they become mothers. A woman's breast doesn't belong to her baby alone. If a woman is not comfortable dangling her breasts in public when she is yet a mother, why then should she be comfortable doing so just because she is a mother? Its an act I detest. I've never seen a woman in my family do that. And yes, am a woman. Its the bottle when outside or a hidden spot. I say feed your baby, but be decent about it, cover your breast while doing it. You don't want every man to be familiar with the details of your mammaries just because you are breastfeeding. Part of your beauty still lies in them speculating on what you look like under your clothes.
Peace, i'm out.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Sxsells: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
You can even breastfeed your hubby there too, afterall you ve committed any sin na!
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by fapcrook(m): 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
harlos: God too does not want us to suffer our children
thank u o, who doesnt know a woman has two breasts. They can be covered while d baby is sucking
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Originalsly: 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
If I ask you what the pastor was preaching about you can't tell me. Was the lady sitting opposite you? No. Am sure you had to be stretching your neck to peek at the mother breastfeeding her baby. If that was not enough you thought it fit to go over to tell her to stop or leave. If she hadn't the baby in her arms she should have slapped you right back down into your seat. You are simply a pervert. A woman should be free to breast feed anytime anywhere.....why is it so offensive to you?
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by bigtt76(f): 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
Na wa for you o! Me and Pacman de run our thing you sef come carry eye come de chook inside ...wowo bisabodi grin grin grin same bisabodi wey carray Pacman go de chook hin eyes for anoda oman b..reast na hin bring we all here now wey porsin nor fit sleep u sef wan start abi? Alrite o!

baddiguy:
people dey talk dis one follow join mouth. cmon sharrap there you bladdy wowo woman! you're supposed to be taking lessons in "ugly management". wat has winners even got to do wit d matter at hand?? animal!
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by packman: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
Matigo: Not every church goer is a Christian.

OW DOES THIS AFFECT THE MATTER ON GROUND..........
ANIMALISTIC RUMINANT FELLOW..... IDIAT
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by UyiIredia(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
You can do it but be discrete about how you go about it.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by SPIFF(m): 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
In my church, it's not allowed to breastfeed in church. there's a nursing mothers room. You go there to do that. They even make provision if you want to spoonfeed them or change their diapers. To me, it's not proper to do such inside the church. it gets some people distracted especially men.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Even as a woman I find it uncomfortable, I don't think we really need to see anyone's bosoms. Please feed your baby but cover up!
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by packman: 1:30am On Nov 05, 2012
Matigo: Not every church goer is a Christian.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by 5much(m): 4:45am On Nov 05, 2012
discreet breastfeeding nd a special corner shd b created for nursing mothers.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by naturalwaves: 6:03am On Nov 05, 2012
tatiana009: Even as a woman I find it uncomfortable, I don't think we really need to see anyone's bosoms. Please feed your baby but cover up!

From the way a woman seats, talks and even breas.tfeed her child, one can easily know how shameless such woman is.One of the greatest mistakes a man can make in Marriage is to marry a shameless woman. Why should a woman flip her Mammery glands all over the place cos she wants to breas.tfeed her child?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2012
@packman,I think it should be based on the husband and the church law concerning this. Women can express and feed the baby later but kept cool so that it doesn't loose its nutrition. Some churches advices. Women to go to a secure place or better still use the back pews or seats.
But even when women cover their breasst some men still go searching for other men's wife after Service. Some people. Are just too spoilt.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by ecoleco: 7:30am On Nov 05, 2012
U can use the back seat of the church.

U can put some breast milk in a feeding bottle at home and come to church with it. This can be achieved with a simple breast pump or using hands.

It does not look good for a woman seating in the front row to starting breast feeding there. Courtesy demands that she moves to the back row.

Peace.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by Syncan(m): 7:46am On Nov 05, 2012
@ OP, a lot has been said on this thread but this clause stands out, "THE KEY THING IS DECENCY"
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by gorgeousity: 7:56am On Nov 05, 2012
tintingz: If men and women were in seperate in the church..........you wont notice this
The lezbian sisters ill be tempted
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by lumeneng22: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2012
Daresh: Mind your damn business. My babies harassed me die n church so I know how it is. How many times will miss the word because I'm breastfeeding? The best can do is cover the breast but will neither go out or deprive my child.
.Good talk madam! Make him comot him eyes abi na only you de for church? Baby must chop na and mama must hear di word of God.
Re: Is It Right To Bosom Feed A Baby In Church? by DrugDoc: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2012
I thank our mothers for nursing us anywhere, anytime. Anyone that is against breast feeding in church should really do a proper self assessment and read their scriptures over. Start with the part " if your eyes make you sin, pluck it out..."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Don't Want Evil Prophecy Concerning 2022 / Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide! / Your Experience The First Time You Preached The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.