Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! (9560 Views)

Joseph Benjamin Celebrates His 40th Birthday / Victor Osuagwu Honoured As Nollywood Comic Actor Of The Year At FENI In Abuja / Kenneth Okonkwo Receives Democracy Nollywood Actor Of The Year! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by ijebabe: 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
Joseph Benjamin has won the coveted prize at the 17th African Film Awards (aka Afro-Hollywood Awards) held last night, Nov 3 at Stratford Town Hall, London. He was awarded the African Actor of the Year in an impressive event that attracted British African stars, producers and investors. He was nominated alongside Ghana’s Van Vicker and South Africa’s Jafta Mamabolo. Here’s a big congrats to him!

He is host of the reality show MTN Project Fame for five seasons and starring in a box-office breaking movie, Married But Living Single, alongside Nollywood sweetheart, Funke Akindele, Tango With Me, alongside Genevieve Nnaji and Kiss and Tell alongside Monalisa Chinda.

He made the cover of Complete Fashion magazie in August and has won several awards including Sexiest TV Presenter at the Broadcasters Award.

Few months ago new acting talent, Kiki Omeili of Married But Living Single was adjudged winner of Best Actress in supporting role in an English language film. She defeated Oge Okoye and Nse Ikpe Etim while Tonto Dike emerged Best Actress of the year, defeating Omoni Oboli and Chika Ike.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by onila(f): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
the most handsome Nigerian actor smiley

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
onila: the most handsome Nigerian actor smiley

@ onila, really? dat i the bst nigeria can do?
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Chanchit: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
Something I don't knw is really working for this guy, after making his first appearance in 1993 according to the interview he granted, but I only startd noticing him when he was hosting MTN Pf, congrats to him sha, I wish him the best, na him time.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Ramcie(f): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2012
The love I have for Joseph Benjamin ehn? Chei! kiss kiss kiss kiss dude just a hug is enough plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I pray my bobo doesn't see this sha!
Joseph ! kiss kiss #lovestruck.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by MrNigeria2(m): 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
he once auditionEd for the same project fame. ....lucky guy
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Siga: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ramcie: The love I have for Joseph Benjamin ehn? Chei! kiss kiss kiss kiss dude just a hug is enough plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I pray my bobo doesn't see this sha!
...Too late...I don see am....we are done... angry

1 Like

Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
I drool everytime I see this brotha, he puts f in fine kiss
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by ndala(m): 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ramcie: The love I have for Joseph Benjamin ehn? Chei! kiss kiss kiss kiss dude just a hug is enough plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I pray my bobo doesn't see this sha!
your boyfriend no do you? undecided
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Mynd44: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
I am so happy for him
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by semid4lyfe(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
The guy is just a pretty face to me and I don't really dig his acting.

I feel he's too porsche and his range is limited. He nor fit act pass fine boy/playa/cassanova for movie.

Also, he strives to pronounce words precisely & speak with good diction and ends up sounding too rehearsed and forced. He also over-acts.

He's just okay IMO. Give me OC Ukeje any day, any time smiley

1 Like

Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Ramcie(f): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Siga: ...Too late...I don see am....we are done... angry

You know you can't do this to me sweetheart kiss
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Siga: 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ramcie:

You know you can't do this to me sweetheart kiss
...Im here cryin...why u do me like this.... cry
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Ramcie(f): 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
ndala: your boyfriend no do you? undecided

NO. I thought the guy looked like Joseph Benjamin that's why I agreed o! Now I don't want to break his heart cos him love me silly cheesy
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by ndala(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2012
ijebabe: Joseph Benjamin has won the coveted prize at the 17th African Film Awards (aka Afro-Hollywood Awards) held last night, Nov 3 at Stratford Town Hall, London. He was awarded the African Actor of the Year in an impressive event that attracted British African stars, producers and investors. He was nominated alongside Ghana’s Van Vicker and South Africa’s Jafta Mamabolo. Here’s a big congrats to him!

He is host of the reality show MTN Project Fame for five seasons and starring in a box-office breaking movie, Married But Living Single, alongside Nollywood sweetheart, Funke Akindele, Tango With Me, alongside Genevieve Nnaji and Kiss and Tell alongside Monalisa Chinda.

He made the cover of Complete Fashion magazie in August and has won several awards including Sexiest TV Presenter at the Broadcasters Award.

Few months ago new acting talent, Kiki Omeili of Married But Living Single was adjudged winner of Best Actress in supporting role in an English language film. She defeated Oge Okoye and Nse Ikpe Etim while Tonto Dike emerged Best Actress of the year, defeating Omoni Oboli and Chika Ike.
come y ebelike say na gurls come coment pass for this wan pass
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by ayobase(m): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Where is Mynd?
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by eduson55(m): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
em act pass me?
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
semid4lyfe: The guy is just a pretty face to me and I don't really dig his acting.

I feel he's too porsche and his range is limited. He nor fit act pass fine boy/playa/cassanova for movie.

Also, he strives to pronounce words precisely & speak with good diction and ends up sounding too rehearsed and forced. He also over-acts.

Bros, leave story abeg. He's foine, too foine sef tongue
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Orikinla(m): 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2012
[size=18pt]The best African actors have won the Oscars and not one London backyard award.
The best movies made in Africa did not even submit entries for this lowly rated award.
The best African actors are known at more competitive awards like the Cairo International Film Festival, Panafrican Film and Television Festival of Ouagadougou (FESPACO)and Durban International Film Festival where majority of Nollywood videos and Ghollywood videos will not even qualify for the competition.

Have you heard of Joseph Wairimu, best actor at 33rd edition of the Durban International Film Festival or Patsha Bay Mukuna, star of Viva Riva

I watch a lot of Nollywood films. But I just think that some of them are good, some of them are just like, OK. But you know, I’m talking about quality. They’re used to doing quantity, but for the quality, it’s just still a little bit down I think. But I’m a big fan of Hollywood first, because this is the biggest market in films.

You know, Viva Riva! I think is one of the films in Africa who is actually representing the future of African film. It’s different with Nollywood’s movies. Because in Nollywood, it’s just… I don’t know, I used to see some Nollywood films, but it’s just like it’s for the African community. You see, it’s just more for Africans, but I think that Viva Riva! is a film with big ideas. We can screen it everywhere, and it’s gonna be just a good film to see.
~ Patsha Bay Mukuna. [/size]

Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by slimyem: 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
Fine man....
Fine actor....
Fine presenter...
Very well deserves the award..
Big ups to him!!
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
With looks like that, I'll even give him 'Best President' award!! Whether he is a president or not!! kiss

That boy is FINE oº°˚!!
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
Good for my country, positive representation.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by kessyur: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2012
if u have any.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by samkoro: 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
He deserves it.All the tinsel crew are the best
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by esere826: 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Successful male + spotlight + U no too wowor + late 20's to late 40's + ur belle no dey compete with your jacket + u no too short + u wear fine clothes + Fine wristwatch
= "This guy fine die" (in female parlance)

Guys, now u know.
What do you intend to do about it?
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Tyche(m): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
grin grin grin

kessyur: if u have any.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by rman: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
semid4lyfe: The guy is just a pretty face to me and I don't really dig his acting.

EXACTLY
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
esere826: Successful male + spotlight + U no too wowor + late 20's to late 40's + ur belle no dey compete with your jacket + u no too short + u wear fine clothes + Fine wristwatch
= "This guy fine die" (in female parlance)

Guys, now u know.
What do you intend to do about it?

#opens my fridge and sips kunu.... cool
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
See as all of dem dey admire man now, when he settles with one of dem now, the guy go get heart attack.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by tpia1: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
is he seeing anyone?

nollywood is full of ladies oh!

what about brian and all those mr nigeria contestants.

are they dating anybody?
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
J.b is many things, but he is mainly a mediocre actor in an industry with no depth and competition.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by doopsy(f): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
coolAlways loved joseph benjamin has dis charisma around him.u rock

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

[ SHOCKING PICTURE ] Nicki Minaj Performs On Stage Naked With Nipples Out / Hottest Nigerian Girls On Instagram (pics +18) / Total Rubbish!! See What Olamide Did Because Of Lil Kesh At Headies 2014 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.