Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! (9561 Views)

Joseph Benjamin Celebrates His 40th Birthday / Victor Osuagwu Honoured As Nollywood Comic Actor Of The Year At FENI In Abuja / Kenneth Okonkwo Receives Democracy Nollywood Actor Of The Year! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by tellwsdom: 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
Who una sey e fine??..dis guy?? ...I'm dissappointed in y'allsadsad
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Originalsly: 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hmmm...I've never seen this guy in a movie....but if he, Van Vicker and Tonto Dike come out on top...I can only assume he is a terrible actor just like the other two.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Ramcie(f): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
kessyur: if u have any.

Hater tongue tongue you dey follow me from my village ne! tongue
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by chucky234(m): 12:10am On Nov 05, 2012
onila: the most handsome Nigerian actor smiley
He's certainly not,there are far better looking actors out there,Pat Attah,Ramsey Noah,Desmond Elliot look more handsome than Jo Ben.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by jeffoski(m): 12:46am On Nov 05, 2012
Orikinla: [size=18pt]The best African actors have won the Oscars and not one London backyard award.
The best movies made in Africa did not even submit entries for this lowly rated award.
The best African actors are known at more competitive awards like the Cairo International Film Festival, Panafrican Film and Television Festival of Ouagadougou (FESPACO)and Durban International Film Festival where majority of Nollywood videos and Ghollywood videos will not even qualify for the competition.

Have you heard of Joseph Wairimu, best actor at 33rd edition of the Durban International Film Festival or Patsha Bay Mukuna, star of Viva Riva

I watch a lot of Nollywood films. But I just think that some of them are good, some of them are just like, OK. But you know, I’m talking about quality. They’re used to doing quantity, but for the quality, it’s just still a little bit down I think. But I’m a big fan of Hollywood first, because this is the biggest market in films.

You know, Viva Riva! I think is one of the films in Africa who is actually representing the future of African film. It’s different with Nollywood’s movies. Because in Nollywood, it’s just… I don’t know, I used to see some Nollywood films, but it’s just like it’s for the African community. You see, it’s just more for Africans, but I think that Viva Riva! is a film with big ideas. We can screen it everywhere, and it’s gonna be just a good film to see.
~ Patsha Bay Mukuna. [/size]

Na wa o as dem no come gree give us oscar, or qualify for Cairo and Durban(like say na so all dia films there make sense) wetin make we do?as nollywood dey improve small in respective of low budget and lack of govt support make dem come die?looking back at when they started and the present, we can see a huge improvement in nollywood movies even with the small funds and support they get,it only shows that they will get it right in future so we should celebrate them. Even the oscar sef do u know the politics dey play against black actors?I watch Hollywood,Bollywood,Gollywood, Nollywood and all the woods and all of dem have their flaws but I also believe each are unique in dia own way.Congrat Joseph Benjamin( wey we know) it is ur time to shine.you are really trying. One thing I like about dis guy is dat he speaks well and don't have an accent like most actors. His acting is not perfect but with time he will get it right.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nuzo1(m): 1:56am On Nov 05, 2012
No doubt, fine man, good fashion sense.
Okay actor, okay presenter.
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Ramcie(f): 5:37am On Nov 05, 2012
Siga: ...Im here cryin...why u do me like this.... cry

My darling . It's the devils handwork . I can never leave you. For why cheesy
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Shaw007(m): 6:22am On Nov 05, 2012
chucky234: He's certainly not,there are far better looking actors out there,Pat Attah,Ramsey Noah,Desmond Elliot look more handsome than Jo Ben.
those men just have pretty faces,They Only look somewhat beautiful,consider how chubby desmond is na,. . .Benjamin here Look more Like a goddamn super-modeL!! Handsome,with great Body!!!

That said,make dz ladies calm down b4 i provoke kill the gUy 4 Una Oangry
abi Kilode ganundecided
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Revolva(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2012
Joseph deserves it big up bro and also heard he is from kogi state , what part of kogi? Does anybody knows
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by lolaluv1(f): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2012
I've not seen or rather noticed him as a presenter; maybe because I don't see Project Fame.

It was in 'Mr and Mrs' I was introduced to his person and he really captured the essence of his character which is that of an unappreciative Nigerian husband.

He did well there. He and Nse had good chemistry!
Re: Joseph Benjamin Wins African Actor Of The Year! by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 05, 2012
Chanchit: Something I don't knw is really working for this guy, after making his first appearance in 1993 according to the interview he granted, [b]but I only startd noticing him when he was hosting MTN Pf, [/b]congrats to him sha, I wish him the best, na him time.
thats because u don't watch the standard nollywood movies but the time wasters. The guy has never acted in any 'studio to vcd' movies. He selects his roles again sef. So that is the reason.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Months After Marriage Mercy Johnson Goes Blind / Marriage Is Over: Actress Anne Njemanze Beaten Mercilessly By Her Husband (Pics) / Stylist Swanky Jerry Is Gay And A Snitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.