Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure (13625 Views)

Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / The Nigerian Church Is Losing Its Purpose - By Ayobami Oyalowo (A Must Read!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 05, 2012
topsyking: ANOTHER IBO PUTTING US ON THE WORLD MAP FOR THE WRONG REASON..I wish naija break..so they identify them with their country rep of biafra instead of calling dem nigeria
Oledepo (The greatest thief) is Igbo.
AdeBOYe 2nd in command is Igbo.
Ashimashawo (3rd in command) is also Igbo..

Foolish Igbo people, if you're going to worship a foreign GOD(Yahweh/Allah) at least let the dolts you give your money be Igbo..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by nellaluv(f): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2012
topsyking:
Sorry..fooooool u r d second to comment..go drink acid..U will never comment first in dis life

Damn! you knocked him out cold i dont think he needs the acid anymore. *sipping empty bottle of zobo*
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by topsyking: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Oledepo (The greatest thief) is Igbo.
AdeBOYe 2nd in command is Igbo.
Asimashwao (3rd in command) is also Igbo..

Foolish Igbo people, if you're going to worship a foreign GOD(Yahwhe/Allah) at least let the dolts you give your money be Igbo..

Guy wat d meanin of all dis..only god will judge u for calling true man of god that names...av I mention any ibo pastor.
Av I metion REV. His holiness,most holy rev pastor KING..well..I won't say much again
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2012
cheddarking: This 'Communion' and 'Annointing oil' thing is now rampant in many so-called 'pentecostal' churches...

Along with 'Mantle' and 'Point-of-contact' schemes

I know this well because my own parents believe in this shyt...

And it hurts to know that my own beloved parents have been decieved by a self-righteous, profiteering , scamming bastard who stands on a pupilt every sunday to LIE and to STEAL in the name of GOD

This is only scratching the surface.

I almost fell out a chair once when I saw one of these gOMs, whom I counselled on a weekly basis, promising the gullible all manner of miracles on one of those satellite TV channels.
Right there in 3-D was an individual I know to possess one of the most nervous dispositions known to man, and who by admission is uncertain of himself in most situations, transformed into a hell-raising, fireband preacher-man peddling falsehoods by the dozen.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by dapachez: 10:07am On Nov 05, 2012
topsyking: ANOTHER IBO PUTTING US ON THE WORLD MAP FOR THE WRONG REASON..I wish naija break..so they identify them with their country rep of biafra instead of calling dem nigeria
I doubt he is ibo,his now sounds very much like an edo name like agbede,ishan to me
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Donlouise(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2012
come shey d name omokudu sound like ibo name 4 ur dirty ear na so so tribalism full dat ur rusty dusty brain!!
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2012
eGuerrilla: In search of the miraculous cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnSQhegX6Y
Now this killed me, I must say I give them an A for drama, flawless, heheheheeeeeeeeeeeee, Guess he is an orthopedic miracle worker, "look at her look at her" hahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, my belle sha. I think the leg scam is the easiest to pull slam some braces and crutches and "miraculously" all those "healed" are always visitors and new members, My belle

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by RickyRoss1(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2012
Yoruba people are synonymous with fraud and scams. They run the largest/biggest credit card scams in Europe and America.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by azezola(m): 10:23am On Nov 05, 2012
evil christians
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Truckpusher(m): 10:29am On Nov 05, 2012
nellaluv:

Damn! you knocked him out cold i dont think he needs the acid anymore. *sipping empty bottle of zobo*
If you really support this druggie ,then you really need to get your head examined for schizophrenia.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by sunnyprof: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2012
Heeeee HEEEEEEE hhhhiiiiii
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2012
Kx: na wa o
Enough is Enough Track Suit
£35.00
source:http://www.alexomokudu.org/E-STORE

Humans are now officially no smarter than sheep.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Kslib(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2012
My queshion be say "how may people d mixture don cure"...
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Okijajuju1(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2012
WHAT!!!

You mean the UK is investigating a Pastor for selling Jesus Juice & Olive Oil?!

Oyedepo has sold even worse things.. Nigerian Pastors here be selling Handkerchiefs, Holy water, Olive oil, holy books, holy brooms and even their pictures..

Poor dude!!
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by kaydibs(f): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2012
topsyking:
Wat wrong wit yaa faaather mentality..I can take dat frm a MAN not U not.hw dare a common woman talk to me a prince like dat..Maa be Ori fun SANGO.
Prince? Like seriously? I laugh in spanish. The only kingdom an olodo like you will be privileged to rule is the potato kingdom! And yes I will talk to you any how cz u clearly lack a brain. Stewpid idiat!
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2012
@topsyking:

If you read that pastor's name shows he is definitely not Ibo , so what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2012
@topsyking:

If you read that pastor's name shows he is definitely not Ibo , so what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by pappilo(m): 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
This church dey my hood before before na! VPA on Thames Road. Bus 387 from Barking. Magas go always pay. Funny enough I paid the tithe from my sons naming ceremony collection to the church. I dont attend the church and dont pay tithes but only paid that cos it was for my a baby who cant make decisions and since I didnt attend any church at the time, I just paid it to the closest church I could find.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Redstone(m): 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
~Royal~:
Rotflmfao@the Picture of the Pastor...

Caught that Niqqah during the Ugliest Moment Ever

Hahahah Tribalism!...You guys are addicted...Sick Bastarrds hahaha

The last time I checked, Alex Omokudu is an Edo name. But why the ethnicity angle? I sense a lot of ethnic hatred here.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
Okija_juju: WHAT!!!

You mean the UK is investigating a Pastor for selling Jesus Juice & Olive Oil?!

Oyedepo has sold even worse things.. Nigerian Pastors here be selling Handkerchiefs, Holy water, Olive oil, holy books, holy brooms and even their pictures..

Poor dude!!

I beg to differ... A pastor selling books he wrote, isn't wrong and isn't exploitation.
Olive oils are bought outside and brought in for prayers...not the pastors selling them.
Pictures are not sold by the pastors either!! Someone snaps a pastor, makes an enlargement and puts ut up for sale..another believes it can do miracle, buys it n puts it at home..how is that the pastors doing?
That's my simple opinion, but then, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by pappilo(m): 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
tchidi:

I beg to differ... A pastor selling books he wrote, isn't wrong and isn't exploitation.
Olive oils are bought outside and brought in for prayers...not the pastors selling them.
Pictures are not sold by the pastors either!! Someone snaps a pastor, makes an enlargement and puts ut up for sale..another believes it can do miracle, buys it n puts it at home..how is that the pastors doing?
That's my simple opinion, but then, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not.

Without the gullible flock that have been conditioned, these so called pastors wouldnt sell a copy. Why are these books mostly sold in church corridors, church retreats and their website? Why dont they get Waterstone to stock these books or advertise them to ordinary folks who have Kindles?

I know this church and a quick look on their website clearly shows olive oil being sold for over double the price you'll find it in you regular cornerstore.

Why is the pastors wife always the assistant GO, Reverend e.t.c. Bill Gates wife isnt the next in line at MS and Michelle Obama isnt the vice president of the US. Why do most of these miracle peddling churches have husband and wife as the number 1 & 2?
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by mbulela: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
These clowns need to be locked up and the keys thrown very far.
Another one is this blood of sprinkling crap.
May God deliver his own from cultural jingoism that have pervaded the church.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by lepasharon(f): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
guys,,wait o! I heard he doesnt ask for offering in his church!
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
Debrief - this is very simple - some Nigerians claim to be religious and holy than thou people cos they spend the best part of their sunday in all these churchs and attend night vigils - yet do not try and establish a REAL relationship with God or practice the law of love they neighbour - so added with poverty and ignorance we have these pastors promising all sorts of 'miracles' be it a cure for HIV or your own private jet. so instead of people reading their bibiles and establishing a close relationship with God they believe that as long as they pay their tithe or drop some money all will be ok.

people searching for quick fixes - remember God is within all of us if you look for him within your self he is there.

always remember some of these pastors just have the charm and charisma to brainwash a lot of folk. the new one i watched on BEN TV the other day is a church called single and married - u can imagine the number of people who rush to that chruch - this particular programme loves to parade couples who have just married after attending the church or a woman who has been estranged from her husband for 22 years - comes on to tell everyone that after attending single and married her husband returned (i don't know about you but why is someone waiting 22 years for another human being 'to come to his senses' is beyond me)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
cotton101: Debrief - this is very simple - some Nigerians claim to be religious and holy than thou people cos they spend the best part of their sunday in all these churchs and attend night vigils - yet do not try and establish a REAL relationship with God or practice the law of love they neighbour - so added with poverty and ignorance we have these pastors promising all sorts of 'miracles' be it a cure for HIV or your own private jet. so instead of people reading their bibiles and establishing a close relationship with God they believe that as long as they pay their tithe or drop some money all will be ok.

people searching for quick fixes - remember God is within all of us if you look for him within your self he is there.

always remember some of these pastors just have the charm and charisma to brainwash a lot of folk. the new one i watched on BEN TV the other day is a church called single and married - u can imagine the number of people who rush to that chruch - this particular programme loves to parade couples who have just married after attending the church or a woman who has been estranged from her husband for 22 years - comes on to tell everyone that after attending single and married her husband returned (i don't know about you but why is someone waiting 22 years for another human being 'to come to his senses' is beyond me)

Pastor Chris Ojigbani, I love that guy die grin. Very innovative man, his own ministry panders to really desperate woman grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by plaetton: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
All these show that despite all the noises about religious revival, the people are very nostalgic about the fetishness, witchcraft and Juju of their long dead ancestors.
The same christianity led us away from our spiritual roots long ago, so we are lost and blind and therefore cannot find our true path back to our roots.

The churchpreneurs understand this very much, and that is what they primarily cater to and profit from.

What is holy water, holy hankerchief, laying of hands, if not juju with a foreign name?

Nigerians are juju addicts. That is all we ever dream of. Magic this , miracles this , supernatural that. Our brains are not hardwired to understand and make sense of science and the dynamism of our universe, so we make do with what our primitive brains can accept and deal with.

Pentecostal christianity is nothing but a fake or pseudo-juju on steriods, but will all the charm and pizazz of a used car and snake oil salemanship combined.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by zinosleek(m): 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
All these pastors are becoming very desperate, let them collect all they can now cos very soon with this their ways people will leave d church
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by kayusjames(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Naija wil alwys cast anywhere dem go.. Cast cast ppl [color=#000099][/color] grin shocked
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Olaone1: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
naijababe:

Pastor Chris Ojigbani, I love that guy die grin. Very innovative man, his own ministry panders to really desperate woman grin

Please take me to the church.

Desperate, abi? We shall help them. tongue
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ola one:

Please take me to the church.

Desperate, abi? We shall help them. tongue

You no dey watch BEN telefisun and Nollywood, u go get hin aduresi dia!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? / Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.