Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure (13624 Views)

Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / The Nigerian Church Is Losing Its Purpose - By Ayobami Oyalowo (A Must Read!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Olaone1: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
naijababe:

You no dey watch BEN telefisun and Nollywood, u go get hin aduresi dia!

I know sey you no go give me.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by pure123: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
the pastor wan get PRIVATE JET abeg make una leave am......God will kuku save us from them all
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by okpurukata(f): 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
I know of a church in Port Harcourt where they collect sand, water, oil, sugar etc. the sugar is to enable you convince any one you talk to. The sand can kill your enemies when you pour it eg a in a land case, many others. Like I said , we are gradually deviating from the ways of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by SELFWORTH: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
azezola: evil christians

Not fair comment. Not all Christians are evil . Stupid generalisation .
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by cowtail: 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
tchidi:

I beg to differ... A pastor selling books he wrote, isn't wrong and isn't exploitation.
Olive oils are bought outside and brought in for prayers...not the pastors selling them.
Pictures are not sold by the pastors either!! Someone snaps a pastor, makes an enlargement and puts ut up for sale..another believes it can do miracle, buys it n puts it at home..how is that the pastors doing?
That's my simple opinion, but then, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not.
what steps did the pastor take to discourage this exploitation? If nothing then he is as guilty as the people that engage in this practice. God de see them sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Venchy: 12:49am On Nov 06, 2012
Mcdugull: Na white Man teach us that kind work grin grin grin

Ummm....Wake up and stop BLAME GAME, face reality of life.

New generation churches and Pastors are ADVANCE 419 taken advantage of vulnerable people and the same white people will expose all your DARK WORK.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by linearity: 1:47am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Oledepo (The greatest thief) is Igbo.
AdeBOYe 2nd in command is Igbo.
Ashimashawo (3rd in command) is also Igbo..

Foolish Igbo people, if you're going to worship a foreign GOD(Yahweh/Allah) at least let the dolts you give your money be Igbo..

Omokudu is more like an Urobo or Isoko name:
Omo = pickin
Kudu = get heart, give heart, stay strong, cheer up, take heart (the meaning differs depending on the circumstance).
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 06, 2012
Another charlatan.

I read this -

Pastor Alex began preaching the Gospel to many, giving them hope and healing the sick and oppressed. He would preach in public buses and people would come to him to pray for them. As GOD began to open up even more to him, he would see visions on the people he preached to on the bus and he would tell them what GOD showed him. They were amazed and gave him gifts of money and blessed him for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and giving them hope. Within 6 months from that date when all his hopes were lost as he could not travel to Germany, God gave Pastor Alex back all he had lost in his preparation to start a new life in Germany plus more. Pastor Alex was then able to acquire not just the room where he lived in but the entire house where the room formed a part of. He was also able to acquire more belongings to his heart’s content.

What exactly is "godly" about this "testimony" that is nothing more than a monument to greed and covetousness?
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by plaetton: 3:56am On Nov 06, 2012
davidylan: Another charlatan.

I read this -

What exactly is "godly" about this "testimony" that is nothing more than a monument to greed and covetousness?

Agreed.
Greed and Covetousness.
That is what is being sold all over the place.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 06, 2012
plaetton: All these show that despite all the noises about religious revival, the people are very nostalgic about the fetishness, witchcraft and Juju of their long dead ancestors.
The same christianity led us away from our spiritual roots long ago, so we are lost and blind and therefore cannot find our true path back to our roots.

The churchpreneurs understand this very much, and that is what they primarily cater to and profit from.

What is holy water, holy hankerchief, laying of hands, if not juju with a foreign name?

Nigerians are juju addicts. That is all we ever dream of. Magic this , miracles this , supernatural that. Our brains are not hardwired to understand and make sense of science and the dynamism of our universe, so we make do with what our primitive brains can accept and deal with.

Pentecostal christianity is nothing but a fake or pseudo-juju on steriods, but will all the charm and pizazz of a used car and snake oil salemanship combined.
smart
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by mbulela: 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
okpurukata: I know of a church in Port Harcourt where they collect sand, water, oil, sugar etc. the sugar is to enable you convince any one you talk to. The sand can kill your enemies when you pour it eg a in a land case, many others. Like I said , we are gradually deviating from the ways of Christ.
I beg give me the address or name. i need some sand pouring exercise.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by mbulela: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
cowtail: what steps did the pastor take to discourage this exploitation? If nothing then he is as guilty as the people that engage in this practice. God de see them sha
Not only do they not discourage it, they encourage it, if not openly, then overtly.
Those who do not buy and display the pictures and associated paraphernalia are considered disloyal and unfaithful.
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by tunnytox(m): 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
I know this Church very well, it's on Hyde road in Manchester always packed with 'sheep' looking for miracles.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by SELFWORTH: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
tunnytox: I know this Church very well, it's on Hyde road in Manchester always packed with 'sheep' looking for miracles.

You mean MAGIC!
Re: Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure by microdove2k1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
Each time I see or hear issues that potrays ungodliness in Christiandom, born out of greed, my heart bleeds. To know that people who do not have anything to do with the kingdom of God bring shame to this holy way.

It's all choice! To follow their pernicious ways or hold fast to the Word of God. Whichever way one goes, Heaven or hell is the consequence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Summerise The Bible In One Sentence / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.