Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

"Black Monkey"; A Statement For Look Or For Attitude? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Black Monkey"; A Statement For Look Or For Attitude? (695 Views)

An Attitude Of Gratitude / Gratitude Is The Best Attitude......... / Free Download - The Art And Attitude Of Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Black Monkey"; A Statement For Look Or For Attitude? by ANYPEN(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
I have chose to look at one of the most humiliating and undoubtedly the longest surviving trend in the world more CRITICALLY and tried to avoid looking at it LITERALLY like most people around here do. When a white man call a black man MONKEY, I do not think he meant a black man is an ape or that he looks like one—nah, what I think he meant is more historically inclined and because most Africans aren’t good student of HISTORY, we take this statement very personal.

I think he (white man) is simply saying “your FATHERS weren’t different from apes knowing and doing nothing with their lives until my father came around with innovations in sciences, health, economy, entertainment and technology to HEAL and take care of their problems. Till date you are only mimicking what we do and do what we say in these fields and that APES too can if given the right support and attention like we gave and still giving you”.

So the statement isn’t for the black man’s LOOK but for his ATTITUDE. Do you now think it is fair that you compete and even want to overthrow your master? This is why he calls you a monkey whenever you try to compete, just to remind you a little history.

But on the other hand, there is a strong argument with concrete EVIDENCES that Africans had culture, science, entertainment, beliefs and even technology before the whites came into the territories, if this is true, then the big question is; what inhibited and still inhibiting the DEVELOPMENT of these things. For how long will black man troop into the white man’s area and then sue him (white man) for whatever names he calls him? For how long will black man neglect his science, culture, technology, history, land and people for another man’s and then accuse the white man for saying what he thinks he (black man) is because of his ATTITUDE towards himself?

The white man has turned Africa to a large WILDLIFE where he comes to see not only wild animals but also WILD HUMANS. Wild human because, the black man doesn’t seem to know the worth of human life. If an African YOUTH can set another ablaze because of European toys (laptops, Blackberry etc); if an African LEADER who has a sole responsibility of improving the standard of living of his people can steal the land’s resources to invest in a foreign land while his people languish in abject POVERTY; If Africans can strangle their economy with their bare hands by throwing their thinking cap into the sea to CONSUME everything from overseas then you don’t know the worth of human LIFE and maybe it is because you are not one (maybe the white man is right).

The West (Europe) is a very small area competing with the East (Asia) and other places with larger landscapes and POPULATIONS so if you think the West needs you for more than what he needs you for as a black man, then, maybe you’re truly a ‘MONKEY’.

So, if you see MIKEL OBI and others like him tell them not to bother accusing the ‘MASTER’ instead, they should reach home to affect their people positively and I bet no one will look them askance talk more of calling them monkey like no one called KANU NWANKWO whom the whites accord great respect with awards for his humanitarian activities towards his people.

So, Mr.Black man, COMMENT on this if you wanna, LIKE it if you wanna, SHARE this if you wanna, unfortunately, you can’t tear it, I would have said you should TEAR it if you wanna.
Re: "Black Monkey"; A Statement For Look Or For Attitude? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
Lol!!! We need 2 start producing n contributing to global development n advancement!! So far, the most we do is consume.

(1) (Reply)

The Beautiful Eyesore / So This Is Love : A TOUCHING STORY / Lost And Found, Careful Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.