Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self (5589 Views)

Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself With These Nigerian Herbs / How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? / How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by dejosh7(m): 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
i do alot of jogging, play basketball, cycle atimes but my weight still range frm 75-80.

I need ur hornest contribution on how best i can be 65/67 b/w a months time?

Thanks all
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by RedLight1: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2012
Have sex atleast 3-4 times a day.. And reduce ur callories For a month.. Come back and tank me
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 06, 2012
The science to loosing weight is by using up more energy than the body gets from food, therefore the body has to go into its fat reserves.

So basically, you work out how much energy you need to sustain yourself and eat fewer calories. The average woman needs 2000 calories and men need 2500 calories a day and so if you consume anything under that, you should begin to see weight loss.

Another way to loose weight is to deliberately use more energy by exercising. So for example 30 minutes on the treadmill at 4mph will use up about 200 calories.

Some foods have a higher calorific value than others, so in order not to starve, its better to eat more of the foods with a lower calorific content and for the seasoned dieter, some food groups are better than others so for example its better to choose fruits over carbs.

Then you have other little things that help your body to loose weight such as not eating too late, eating smaller but regular meals, drinking iced cold water against warm water etc etc

The best way to loose weight is a slow, steady and healthy weight loss of about 1-2Ib per week rather than a rapid loss
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by modath(f): 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
@Dejosh,
Do not fall for any weightloss hype,people will peddle a lot of drugs and supplements,run far away they don't work. The simple key is to "Eat LESS and Move More"
As for losing and successfully keeping off 10-15kg in less than a 100 days forget it unless you chop off a limb.
Go to sparkpeople.com, myfitnesspal.com and caloriecount. about.com for better info.
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by dejosh7(m): 2:42am On Nov 07, 2012
@redlight, being intimate has to do with commitment with someone at which i dont think i need for now. I think i will just cut d calories and see how tins go. Tnx alot
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by dejosh7(m): 2:45am On Nov 07, 2012
Red-Light:
Have sex atleast 3-4 times a day.. And reduce ur callories For a month.. Come back and tank me

being intimate, has to do with commitment at which am not ready for now. Remember i need the strength to burn it out. I guess i will go with your send option, reducing my calorie, tnx alot
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by dejosh7(m): 2:51am On Nov 07, 2012
chaircover: The science to loosing weight is by using up more energy than the body gets from food, therefore the body has to go into its fat reserves.

So basically, you work out how much energy you need to sustain yourself and eat fewer calories. The average woman needs 2000 calories and men need 2500 calories a day and so if you consume anything under that, you should begin to see weight loss.

Another way to loose weight is to deliberately use more energy by exercising. So for example 30 minutes on the treadmill at 4mph will use up about 200 calories.

Some foods have a higher calorific value than others, so in order not to starve, its better to eat more of the foods with a lower calorific content and for the seasoned dieter, some food groups are better than others so for example its better to choose fruits over carbs.

Then you have other little things that help your body to loose weight such as not eating too late, eating smaller but regular meals, drinking iced cold water against warm water etc etc

The best way to loose weight is a slow, steady and healthy weight loss of about 1-2Ib per week rather than a rapid loss
tnk very much for ur contribution, i will surely stick to that and make fruits n veg my regular meals plus the cold water, i knw i take alot of hot tea. Tnx
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by dejosh7(m): 2:56am On Nov 07, 2012
modath: @Dejosh,
Do not fall for any weightloss hype,people will peddle a lot of drugs and supplements,run far away they don't work. The simple key is to "Eat LESS and Move More"
As for losing and successfully keeping off 10-15kg in less than a 100 days forget it unless you chop off a limb.
Go to sparkpeople.com, myfitnesspal.com and caloriecount. about.com for better info.

tnx u real good, am glad i always turned down options on drugs to lose weight and now that i know it dosent work, i will keep off it. Tnx GBU ALL
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by maran1983(f): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
chaircover: The science to loosing weight is by using up more energy than the body gets from food, drinking iced cold water against warm water etc etc

Madam CC are you saying cold water helps one lose weight rather than warm water?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 27, 2012
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by maran1983(f): 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
Wow, thanks; and to think that I've been killing myself drinking near boiling water to supposedly help shed tummy fat. Henceforth, its ice cubes I'll be sucking on, lol
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:54am On Nov 28, 2012
Shed weight naturally by taking lime/lemon.mix with water,it is tough on teeth.
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by Kufalo(m): 11:10am On Nov 28, 2012
Here are the most common tips to burning fat

1. Oats. For many bodybuilders looking to get ripped, it is the foundation of their diet. And anyone eager to lose weight should consider it a staple. The soluble fiber in oats . . . slows down the absorption of glucose by the body, stabilizing blood sugar levels which can help with maintaining your weight or even losing body fat.[1] Eat traditional or steel-cut oats for breakfast within one hour of waking. You can jazz it up with a non-calorie or low-calorie sweetener (a teaspoon of Sugar-Free Jell-O Pudding mix works great!), nuts, and a few dried berries. Use skim milk or water before heating. Warm foods tend to satisfy hunger better than cold foods, and eating within an hour of waking helps jump-start the metabolism.

2. Almonds. Rich in fiber and heart-healthy fats, almonds are considered the most healthful of all nuts. But they're also a powerful fat-burning food. The International Journal of Obesity completed a study comparing adults eating an almond-rich, moderate-fat diet to adults eating a low-fat diet consisting of the same number of calories. After 24 weeks, patients on the moderate-fat diet containing almonds had achieved a greater reduction in weight/BMI (-18% vs. -11%), waist circumference (-14% vs. -9%), fat mass (-30% vs. - 20%) and systolic blood pressure (-11% vs. 0%).[2] Eat a quarter cup for a snack. You may also add almonds to cereals and salads to supplement protein.

3. Vegetables. You've been told all your life to eat your vegetables, and with good reason. The water and fiber in . . . vegetables will add volume to your dishes, so you can eat the same amount of food with fewer calories.[3] So fill up at least half of your plate with vegetables. And no, corn is not a vegetable. A potato is a vegetable, but since it ranks high on the glycemic index, it's best to keep its portion size to a minimum, so opt for the equivalent of a small baked potato and non-starchy veggies for the remainder. Follow the same guideline for other root vegetables. Not only will the volume of food help you feel full, but the fiber will aid in making it last.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by maran1983(f): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
Please I need help with something. I'm a nursing mum trying to shed weight especially in my tummy. I don't eat much food but I drink ijebu garri a lot sometimes as late as 8pm.
My husband is of the opinion that garri is fattening because it contains starch, please how true is this? I need to know as soon as possible so I can remove it from my diet if need be, thanks.
Madam CC, kufalo and co please help me out o.
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
maran take my advise above
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by john11769(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2012
dejosh7: i do alot of jogging, play basketball, cycle atimes but my weight still range frm 75-80.

Thanks all

Have you tried taking at least 6-7 glasses of clean drinking water? have you tried not eating late in the night? have you check you food, mostly avoiding too much fried food? Then check my link for SBC products, it has help so many maintained their real shape. my honest advice about this products you will never re grate ever using it. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by dejosh7(m): 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
john11769:
Have you tried taking at least 6-7 glasses of clean drinking water? have you tried not eating late in the night? have you check you food, mostly avoiding too much fried food? Then check my link for SBC products, it has help so many maintained their real shape. my honest advice about this products you will never re grate ever using it. Cheers.
for the water i do sometimes but i tink d major thing that boost my weight jst like u have rightfully mentioned is d habit of takin too mch fried foods (buns, akara plantain chips n also fried meats) wich i mst confess i do alot. For late night meals it has also a usual habit 4 me, but if dats a contributive factor, den i will need to eat 3hrs b4 i sleep. Tnk vry mch
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by dejosh7(m): 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
maran1983: Please I need help with something. I'm a nursing mum trying to shed weight especially in my tummy. I don't eat much food but I drink ijebu garri a lot sometimes as late as 8pm.
My husband is of the opinion that garri is fattening because it contains starch, please how true is this? I need to know as soon as possible so I can remove it from my diet if need be, thanks.
madam to answer your question directly, i tink u need to quit drinking garri. I culd remember vividly wen in a boardin hous @ my secondary school days, garri is one thing i cherish d most bt i like fall ill 1/2 times a week n wen a diagnosis was carried out on me, it ws discovered dat i have too mch cholesterol wit is as a result of d non saturated fat (starch) has caused n moreso, it made my tommy bcame big n if not for Gods intervention i ws almst a diabetic but fr nw i dnt take garri. Except wit combination of milk, biscuit n oda items dat wuld cut dwn d strenght of d starch n wich is once a month.
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by john11769(m): 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
dejosh7: i do alot of jogging, play basketball, cycle atimes but my weight still range frm 75-80.

Thanks all
THIS IS A REAL LIFE TESTIMONY STORIES FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY LOSE THEIR WEIGHT. IT COULD BE YOUR TURN TOO.

Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by steadee: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
...Never starve yourself if you want to lose weight fast!

The truth is your body needs food and contrary to what you may have heard before, calories are not your enemies. In fact, you need them for adequate nutrition and energy. Your body’s metabolism increases when you take in enough food and this is good for weight loss.

You may be wondering " But I want to lose weight, how come you are saying I should go ahead eating?" shocked

Okay, let me explain more of this fact. You do not need to totally avoid calories. What you need to avoid in order to achieve quick and easy weight loss is the bad calories which is also called “empty calories”.

Empty calories are those contained in junk foods. Instead of empty calories, what you need are “negative calories”. Negative calorie foods force your body to burn more calories than they provide in order to digest them. This is one of the fastest ways to lose weight. Examples of negative calorie foods are fruits and vegetables. This is why you will not get fat by eating 10 apples a day although an apple contains about 100 calories.

Protein-rich foods like beans are also really good for significant weight loss. Your body needs protein to repair tissues and build lean muscles. The more lean muscles you have, the faster you lose weight because your body actually burns a lot of calories maintaining the muscles.

So a fast way to get back into shape quick and easy is not by starving yourself but by eating the right foods smiley. The safest recommended way is through a proper fat loss meal plan. http://www.fatlossng.com http://www.wheretobuyhghenergizer.com

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by steadee: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
maran1983: Please I need help with something. I'm a nursing mum trying to shed weight especially in my tummy. I don't eat much food but I drink ijebu garri a lot sometimes as late as 8pm.

@maran1983; The fact that garri contains starch doesn't categorize it as fattening & also just because that you do not eat much does not mean you will not get fat.

A complex carbohydrate like garri is actually less fattening because it breaks down slower and burns energy longer. Also,the reason you do not eat too much as you stated may not be disconnected from the fact that you take lots of garri because complex carbohydrates do not increase your appetite and slows down your insulin rise. This is good for weight loss.

Carbohydrates (like starch in garri) are important to a healthy diet and for remarkable weight loss. When you take carbohydrates in sensible portions, they will break down to give you only energy, not extra fat. But too much carbohydrates indeed will make you fat.

My advice is that you make your diet more "balanced" (especially important as you are a nursing mother). Apart from your weight loss concern, beware of diabetes too (esp if u add lots of sugar to ur garri) undecided

pls never starve yourself to lose weight but make smarter food choices for your health and that of ur suckling child. Just my 2 cents wink
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by john11769(m): 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2012

Thanks all

Simple Nutrition Ideas – Some things as simple as just drinking an extra glass of water a day or replacing one serving of junk food for an apple or banana can have significant positive impact on your health and weight. This section provides some awesome nutrition ideas including everything ranging from basic tips and strategies, to more advanced nutrition information, and even recipes submitted by our own customers!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by amynet: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
steadee: ...Never starve yourself if you want to lose weight fast!

The truth is your body needs food and contrary to what you may have heard before, calories are not your enemies. In fact, you need them for adequate nutrition and energy. Your body’s metabolism increases when you take in enough food and this is good for weight loss.

You may be wondering " But I want to lose weight, how come you are saying I should go ahead eating?" shocked

Okay, let me explain more of this fact. You do not need to totally avoid calories. What you need to avoid in order to achieve quick and easy weight loss is the bad calories which is also called “empty calories”.

Empty calories are those contained in junk foods. Instead of empty calories, what you need are “negative calories”. Negative calorie foods force your body to burn more calories than they provide in order to digest them. This is one of the fastest ways to lose weight. Examples of negative calorie foods are fruits and vegetables. This is why you will not get fat by eating 10 apples a day although an apple contains about 100 calories.

Protein-rich foods like beans are also really good for significant weight loss. Your body needs protein to repair tissues and build lean muscles. The more lean muscles you have, the faster you lose weight because your body actually burns a lot of calories maintaining the muscles.

So a fast way to get back into shape quick and easy is not by starving yourself but by eating the right foods smiley. The safest recommended way is through a proper fat loss meal plan. http://www.fatlossng.com http://www.wheretobuyhghenergizer.com

Get faster and safest Weight Loss with African Mango: Pure Natural Weight Loss Supplement http://www.betterhealthandbeauty.net/weight-loss/african-mango-pure-natural-weight-loss-supplement
Re: How Do I Lose Weight Easily Without Starving My Self by Heyllle(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2021
I believe that the best way to lose weight is physical activity, when your whole body interacts. For example, you can use trampolining. You can choose the right trampoline by following the link https://trampolines.guide/ . I strongly recommend that you do this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!! Could This Be A Sign Of Protein Present In My Urine? / Gov. Ugwuanyi Approves N8.5m Monthly For Free Maternal And Child Heath Programme / Pls Who Knows Goiter Home Remedy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.