Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions (21571 Views)

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! / Event Planning Tips / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by Nimi22(f): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
Please can u help me with colours dat can go with torquoise. I was thinking of chocolate brown before but other ideas are welcome. Thanks.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by NoQualms1(f): 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thank you sassygal. That really helped.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2012
Nimi22: Please can u help me with colours dat can go with torquoise. I was thinking of chocolate brown before but other ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Turqoise and chocolate brown are two dominant colors that do not complement each other well, in my own opinion. I'd rather you use a lighter and more subtle brown than chocolate. The two colors will only mix well if there is a small touch of turqoise in a predominantly chocolate decor and not the other way.

Turquoise combined with neutral colours such as ivory, cream, white, black, silver and grey looks subtle, classy and sophisticated at a wedding.

Combining paler shades of turquoise with lavender or lilac and pale pink will give a light and airy feel.

Other colors that are a perfect match for turqoise include-

Scarlet
Fushia pink
Sunny yellow
Orange
Coral
Cherry

I do not buy the idea of sticking to just two colors but rather advice brides to blend 3 or 4 colors to get a modern and sophisticated look.

Find attached various shades of turqoise.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2012
No Qualms: Thank you sassygal. That really helped.

My pleasure!
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by Nimi22(f): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2012
Thanks. I really appreciate.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by debomb: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
@ no Qualms:

In addition to sassy's girl suggestion of the use of blue.

The complementary color of blue is yellow and this color can be used as accents meaning whilst you can play around with the lighter and darker shades of blues, you can use the complementary color in specific areas to create a pop of the color scheme. Another color best used with blue is orange. A great tip is this:
1, When a cool color like blue is used, try using a warm color as accent- table props, favors, napkins, design in cake e.t.c
2, When a warm color like red, yellow or orange is the main color, subdue it with a cool complementary or split complementary color to tone it down.
3, Neutrals like greys, white, black, brown and beige is a great way to tone down warm colors.

I looove the use of a color in different shades and then one other color to create an excitement to the eyes! A lot of people would be wearing geles for the trad and except you want to create a fanfare theme. I would avoid the experimental use of blocking colors. I would say leave it to the experts.

The study of the color wheel is not as difficult as it may look. Sassy gal made a point when she says it would be nice to look for a wedding planner cos you have a million other things to think of.

Alternatively, you can always follow up on this site: www.myweddingnigeria.com as it is a color blog that helps you understand and get your wedding colors.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by NoQualms1(f): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
@debomb, thank you. But, don't you think blue and yellow will look somehow off? I'm still thinking of what colour to use with blue (I'm definitely going to use different shades of blue with another colour).
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by BrownGold: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
No Qualms: @debomb, thank you. But, don't you think blue and yellow will look somehow off? I'm still thinking of what colour to use with blue (I'm definitely going to use different shades of blue with another colour).

White goes well with blue.
Pink goes with dark blue.
You can use varying colours of blue: navy blue, sky blue, turquoise, aqua blue against each other.

Just m 2 cents.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by NoQualms1(f): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2012
BrownGold:

White goes well with blue.
Pink goes with dark blue.
You can use varying colours of blue: navy blue, sky blue, turquoise, aqua blue against each other.

Just m 2 cents.
Thank you, I will go with pink.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by BrownGold: 11:58am On Nov 29, 2012
No Qualms:
Thank you, I will go with pink.

You are welcome.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by debomb: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
@No Qualms: Blue and yellow actually complements but then it depends on the shade of yellow and blue we talking about here.

There are several ways you could pull this off. Your accents like white would also be good in this aspect. Some people actually get a color combo right but bringing out all wrong in several ways. A tint of yellow like creamy yellow or custard wouldn't look bad at all.But if yellow is not your preffered choice then ofcourse other colors still works well with it.like gold bronze,Carrot orange, emeraild green and blue will give you the peacock feel.. e.t.c.

But if you want to go with pink then still that fine.

In all, a creative event decorator and good wedding planner should be able to pull the look with no qualms.. wink

Contact me if you need one.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by jayjaybazz: 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
sassygal: #2 - Prepare a budget - Do not go making decisions before you have figured out a realistic budget that won't jeopardize the future of your relationship by putting to much financial stress onyou in the beginning of your new life together.

Consider what you have available and what contributions you may get from family and friends, this will determine how many guests you can invite.

Make a priority list. What is most important to you, and your future groom? Music? Ceremony/Reception location, etc? Each of you should make a top 3 list of the things you want to focus your attention on first. These things should be booked/ordered before everything else if you feel you can't do without them during your wedding day.
this is really helkpful. God bless you for putting this stuff together.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
jayjaybazz: this is really helkpful. God bless you for putting this stuff together.

you welcome!
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 23, 2013
Hi Sassygal, please are you a wedding planner? I will like to have your contact.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by Nma28(f): 8:14am On May 24, 2013
Nobody talked about the couples outfit.

As you choose a professional photographer, you also need to look your best to bring out the best of pictures.

so couples, specially the bride, what you wear that day goes a long way to tell your story as all eyes would be on you.

even if it means cutting down the number of guest to get a good wedding dress, good makeup by a professional makeup artist and a good hair stylist for that perfect hair do.

The above point is very important as they are things to keep you happy all through and not the foods and drinks.
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by Rocktation(f): 8:24am On May 24, 2013
^^this thread is for free services, in case you haven't noticed. No contact addy or the likes, should be posted herein.

I forgot this wonderful thread exists. cool
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by Nma28(f): 4:47pm On May 24, 2013
Rocktation: ^^this thread is for free services, in case you haven't noticed. No contact addy or the likes, should be posted herein.

I forgot this wonderful thread exists. cool

point noted, thanks
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 10:27am On May 26, 2013
thanks for resurrecting this post. I have gotten few calls and texts appreciating my efforts! *kisses*

More tips, suggestions and free advice coming soon!
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by stylishnclassy: 6:41am On Jul 25, 2013
sassygal: thanks for resurrecting this post. I have gotten few calls and texts appreciating my efforts! *kisses*

More tips, suggestions and free advice coming soon!
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
I'm back! Sorry for the hiatus kiss

Lets talk Make-up! Bridal makeup.

Earlier i shared important beauty regime to adhere. Here are some tips regarding makeup for your special day.

- Dont stray too far from your usual look grin - This one advice i never fail to give. Inasmuch as we want to look perfect, going overboard on the makeup is a no-no. Your bridal makeup should enhance your features so you look like yourself — at your most radiant and beautiful, because your album pics will last forever.

- Avoid anything 'trendy' and complicated - Trends come and go, so if smoky eyes is the trend today, i am fairly certain it wont be the same next year. Try to stick to a natural look. If your makeup artist is getting too creative, please stop them and start over.

- Most brides use a makeup artist, there MUST be a pre-wedding day makeup trial. The makeup artist must design your face prior to find out what works and what doesnt. So there will be no experimenting on the wedding day. This way you also get to confirm if you can go on ahead with the artist. The only exception to this rule is if your make up artist is BMPro grin

- Use a Primer or Oil Mattifier - especially if you have oily or combination type skin. I perfer the MaryKay Oil mattifier, gives me a matte finish.

- Waterproof Mascara - Very important - to prevent black streaks after tears #bridesalwayscry

- Get Oil blotting paper - i realized that constant touching up, with powder, as the day goes on, leaves the bride looking caked up. So I always give the chief bridesmaid oil blotting tissues to just dab on the face to remove sweat and oil.

Lipgloss- If your veil will cover your face, stay away from lip gloss. so you dont stain your veil.

- Dont let girlfriends, sisters or mothers into the room when you are having your hair or make up done.

Makeup artists please share more tips!
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by asmaua: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
I am planning a novemeber wedding ny guest list is 60 pple pls I need advice on location in lagos dat we cover feeding, decor and every other thing excluding our wedding dress, my budget is 500k it ia just registry so nothing big
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
asmaua: I am planning a novemeber wedding ny guest list is 60 pple pls I need advice on location in lagos dat we cover feeding, decor and every other thing excluding our wedding dress, my budget is 500k it ia just registry so nothing big

Which area in lagos?
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by nwapastor: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pls I hv colours like yellow, pink, blue, teal, lemon & cream in mind for my trad n white wedding coming up later in d yr how do I combine them? Do I need 2 add or drop some?
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 9:35am On Aug 09, 2013
nwapastor: Pls I hv colours like yellow, pink, blue, teal, lemon & cream in mind for my trad n white wedding coming up later in d yr how do I combine them? Do I need 2 add or drop some?

You can use any two or three color combination for the trad and white.

Which of the listed colors do you like the most? Bear in mind that you can combine them attractively.

Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by nwapastor: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
What of blue n yellow for trad, pink n i don't know for white wedding?
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
Blue and white/silver combos

Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by nwapastor: 3:07am On Aug 11, 2013
Pink n what can I use 4 d white wedding?
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by jayjaybazz: 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Please how would the colour combination of Rose pink, Golden yellow and light purple be?
Re: Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions by sassygal(f): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Rose pink/pale pink/blush pink is a perfect combo with light purple/lilac/lavender. However, the golden yellow or plain gold can be added to highlight not as a main color. #myopinion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Linda Ikeji At 32 / A Nairalander Celebrates His Birthday In Grandstyle (Pictures) / Nairaland, Others Honoured At The Nigeria Customer Service Awards 2015 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.