Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! (1646 Views)

I Feel Sleepy Once I Begin To Read. Why? / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by Segunagagu(m): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2012
I feel SLEEPY.. dizzy and lazy and tired after eating..wat could be d cause..dats y for the past years nw..I don't eat before going to class..
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by davkin: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2012
You ad loads of food den
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by navygrl: 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
Its a type of hypotension. Your blood pressure drops because your body is diverting to much to your digestive tract. Fatty, greasy or high carb foods make it worse. Small slowly eaten meals throughout the day will help you manage the symptoms. There is no cure nor serious complications. If diet change does not help blood pressure medication can be taken
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by Segunagagu(m): 3:00am On Nov 18, 2012
navygrl: Its a type of hypotension. Your blood pressure drops because your body is diverting to much to your digestive tract. Fatty, greasy or high carb foods make it worse. Small slowly eaten meals throughout the day will help you manage the symptoms. There is no cure nor serious complications. If diet change does not help blood pressure medication can be taken
Thanks.but it happens wen i eat much.
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by surveyProf(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
Segun agagu:
Thanks.but it happens wen i eat much.

It equally happened to me too, wat I do is to eat light!
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by navygrl: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
Eating quickly, large meals or "heavy" meals is going to make your symptoms worse. Like I said its a form of hypotension (low blood pressure). Small light meals throughout the day can control the sysmptoms
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by ryom(m): 1:08am On Nov 19, 2012
It's called postprandial sedation. One explanation is relative shunting of blood to the splanchnic circulation to allow/ effect digestion. Africans are prone as our meals tend to be heavy. And we talk of 3 square meals. Ideally it should be about six meals a day, but small meals, for example like the English do.
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by dBard: 12:00am On Nov 23, 2012
navygrl: Its a type of hypotension. Your blood pressure drops because your body is diverting to much to your digestive tract. Fatty, greasy or high carb foods make it worse. Small slowly eaten meals throughout the day will help you manage the symptoms. There is no cure nor serious complications. If diet change does not help blood pressure medication can be taken

blood pressure medication
Re: I Feel Sleepy And Tired After Eating!!! by navygrl: 12:43am On Nov 26, 2012
dBard:

blood pressure medication
if sever, I.e. Passing out

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House, Your Help Is Needed!!! / Quarantined Doctor's Miraculous Ebola Recovery - The Danger Of Misinformation / Help For Sickle Cell Anemia And Stroke- Any Hope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.