Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest (35160 Views)

Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead / Why Do People Trip In Their Dreams And Wake Up With A Jolt/twitch? Find Out... / 17 Ways To Wake Up Feeling Fresh In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by maclatunji: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
Yes! I am talking to you. tongue tongue tongue

5 Reasons You Wake Up Tired Even With a Full Night's Rest

Waking up refreshed is a great way to start out the day on the right foot. However, there may be times when you wake up tired and unable to immediately get the day going, even though you've had a full night's rest. Here are a couple reasons that may be causing you to wake up groggy:

1. Waking up in the wrong phase: Your sleep is split into cycles, and you might've woken up during the non-REM stage, which is a state of very deep sleep. Try to shoot for waking up during a REM phase, because then your body will be better prepared to wake up.

2. Poor quality of sleep: It doesn't matter how long you sleep for if you're it's low-quality rest; you'll just wake up tired. Poor-quality sleep can be caused by factors such as sleeping with a pet, drinking caffeinated beverages late in the day, or having too much noise in the background.

3. Medication hangover: The effects of certain medications that cause drowsiness can linger until the next morning. Check with your doctor to see if you can adjust the dosage or change medications.

4. Medical condition: Certain medical conditions like sleep apnea can disrupt your night's rest. Disorders like depression can also cause you feel drained of energy, a symptom that can contribute to your grogginess.

5. Your body clock is not in sync: If you've been keeping an erratic sleep schedule, then your body will probably need time to adjust to waking up at a certain time during the morning. Try to make a more regular schedule, and you'll probably see a difference in how you feel in the morning.

Source: http://www.savvysugar.com/Why-You-Wake-Up-Tired-23268228

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by aminho(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
i knw its frontpage material so i booked my destiny

11 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by AdeniyiA(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
6. Eating heavy food late the previous night

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by jaytime(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
#Sleeping under cold when you are allergic to cold.
#Sleeping with a bad (unfavourable) position.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by gluv01(f): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
-Sleeping in an uneasy position throughout the night can cause tiredness the next morning.
-Drugs with side effects.
-A depressed mind cannot sleep comfortably hence the tiredness the next morning.

-Eating fufu before sleeping.
-Doing midnight calls even when you have an exam the next morning.
-Arguing with your parents the night before over who to date.

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by crisycent: 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
I don hear
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Artless360(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
I dey laugh oo... in obj voice...der wz a nairaland hmm
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Deiok(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hmmm... Any of those are not the reason why i wake up tired. Not helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Kendzyma(m): 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by johnstar(m): 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
undecided guess u shuld b refern 2 those hu watch ' junior or big brother african undecided
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Phew
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
Not having a punany to bleep at intervals just like we bachelors. I need to marry o

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Ay111(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Sleeping off after ruminating over a pending problem the previous night
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by bokoarerams: 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
Sleepping on d same bed with a sexy lady who doesn't want u to touch her, speaking from experience no beef intended grin

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by donem: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
gluv01:
grin Hmm this girl smh!
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
gluv01:
Too much info.
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by kreamidiva(f): 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
Waking up at intervals to breastfeed! Kai....Smh

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by otijah(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
gluv01: -Sleeping in an uneasy position throughout the night can cause tiredness the next morning.
-A depressed mind cannot sleep comfortably hence the tiredness the next morning.

I think is u who got, dnt understand wot OP is saying and even though I do how can I put into practise?
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by otijah(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
gluv01: -Sleeping in an uneasy position throughout the night can cause tiredness the next morning.

I think is u who got it, dnt understand wot OP is saying and even though I do how can I put into practise?
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
drinking agbo before going to bed
however if you malaria, you better drink that agbo!
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by dayokanu(m): 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
[size=14pt]Fighting demons and evil spirit in the dream[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by nekaa(f): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
i really didnt want to comment...sorry smiley
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by grandoworld: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Does snoring has any contributory factor?
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Useless research. How do you expect me to know when I'm in rem and when I'm not there.

Giving lazy people 5 reasons to stay lazy and never keep to early appointments.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Ayoobscom(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
The only reasons I wake up tired are those unrepentant drumming and singing by the neighboring churches observing everyday night vigil oh God

I never open my mouth but I'm sure my eyes curse them everytime....so many so noisy

14 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by tejpot(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
Going to sleep/bed when you are unhappy.

source - personal experience.
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by iykemanchi(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Wen u broke up wit ur bf/gf...
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
6. Eating heavy food late the previous night
says who? U will sleep sound and nice!!! Especially if u can flush it down with correct cold palm wine. There are well preserved bottled ones now!

Infact, if u eat some nice hot mosels with fresh vegetables garnished with bush meat/smoked fish and flushed down with correct pammy, if u die in ur sleep, u go make heaven!

Go figure!

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by sainty2k3(m): 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
grandoworld: Does snoring has any contributory factor?

YES
Re: Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest by lolaluv1(f): 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
Winches dancing etighi on your back all night.tonguecheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orgasms Can Trigger Cardiac Arrest Or Stroke - Medical Doctor / China Imposes Travel Restrictions, Fears Foreigners Will Bring Back Coronavirus / Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goitre; Asks For 300,000 Instead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.