Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

What Does Loving God Entails? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Loving God Entails? (1015 Views)

The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Loving God Entails? by Princephelar(m): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
Several times I've wondered,how do I show God I love him?
Re: What Does Loving God Entails? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
JOHN 14 VS 15 If you love me, obey my commandments
Re: What Does Loving God Entails? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
By fearing him, with all your soul and all ur strenght and all ur might.
Also fear anything that would make u doubt god especially fact.

Do not question him or anthing else but humbly obey and do all u are told. Questions are for ''fools''.

And do not worry, ur reward, which entails having a mansion, bowing down and worshipping god day and night for all eternity should be enticing enough for u to wait.

Have a nice life sheep.
Re: What Does Loving God Entails? by benodic: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
very simple indeed.
by giving love to all God's creatures and your fellow man, without discrimination or bias. whatsoever you do unto your fellow man you are actually doing it for God.
Re: What Does Loving God Entails? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
benodic:
very simple indeed.
by giving love to all God's creatures and your fellow man, without discrimination or bias. whatsoever you do unto your fellow man you are actually doing it for God.

U know I am quite impressed by ur post. I was almost getting defensive until I saw that u did not mind what I said but moved on to say something sensible.

This is a message to christians. I would have no problems with ur religion but for the hypocrisy that surrounds it.
Although I know its not so authentic, if u guys actually behaved like ur christ was descrided then it wouldn't bother me. If u had this aura of peace, wisdom, love; that is when u will get more converts, that is when atheists would ignore u, that is when u will live to ur full potential.

Religion was meant to make the world a better place. But if it only succeeds in doing the opposite, then I will keep trying to make the truth known.
Re: What Does Loving God Entails? by benodic: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
@ inurmind

U know I am quite impressed by ur post. I was almost getting defensive until I saw that u did not mind what I said but moved on to say something sensible.

This is a message to christians. I would have no problems with ur religion but for the hypocrisy that surrounds it.
Although I know its not so authentic, if u guys actually behaved like ur christ was descrided then it wouldn't bother me. If u had this aura of peace, wisdom, love; that is when u will get more converts, that is when atheists would ignore u, that is when u will live to ur full potential.

Religion was meant to make the world a better place. But if it only succeeds in doing the opposite, then I will keep trying to make the truth known.

i am not a christian by the way. i am an ECKIST, a member of ECKANKAR, Religion of the Light and Sound of God. the main teaching of Eckankar is that we are all souls created in the image and likeness of God and we exist because of God's love for us. we were sent down to earth to learn love. so any religion that is not teaching love is way off the mark and any follower of any religion that is not practicing love and giving love to all God's creatures without discrimination or bias is also wasting his or her time on earth. St Paul in the Christian Bible clearly stated in one of his writings that no matter the powers you have if you do not have love then you have achieved nothing.
it is so unfortunate that many followers of religions today are busy pursuing shadows and untruths instead of focusing on what matters most. and that is love and love alone to all life. that is all that matters.
Re: What Does Loving God Entails? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
Wow, well good for u. Seems ur religion is way better then christianity, the religion of fear.

I don't know if u've read this book but u guys sound like the noble warriors in ''seeker'', not ''legend of the seeker'' but ''seeker after truth''.

Have a great day.
Re: What Does Loving God Entails? by Callotti: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Fear.
Stoopidity
Brain-death.
Psychoses .

(1) (Reply)

Get Daily Morning Devotion At Godswordarelife. / God,racism and Nigerians. / Dr. Myles Daughter Is Not Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.