Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come (1300 Views)

Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by achukwunet(f): 5:52am On Nov 07, 2012
Mitt Romney refuses to accept the outcome of Ohio and refuses to make his concession speech (he hasn't written one yet!!).
What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 07, 2012
He needs to speak so that President Obama can give his victory speech. We don't have time for tantrums!
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Aniboiekpo(m): 5:59am On Nov 07, 2012
How many vote did obama carry win? Pls sombody put me on
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 07, 2012
CNN has Obama currently with 281 votes, and Romney with 201. 270 was needed to win.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Callotti: 6:09am On Nov 07, 2012
That's rrright!
Gooooooo Romney!!!
Fight till the end!!!!
You did gooooooood my man!
Do not concede till ALL votes are counted!
Don't make it easy for the Nigger Party! kiss

Only concede in the morning!!!! kiss
Gooooooooo Romney!!!!!!! 8

*my darling husband hisses in his sleep*
He says 'old woman, put that your IPhone down or I throw it out the window. You are disturbing my sleep with all your tapping noise* cheesy

Paying him no mind of course! Bull sheet!!! cool

Gooooooo Romney! What an insult to be beaten by a Kenyan!!'! What an insult!!!!! angry

Back to my movies please! Game OVA! kiss
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by achukwunet(f): 6:33am On Nov 07, 2012
ROmney needs to grow up. He wants a recount in Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and Florida. Cnn's John King just made a presentation that even with Virginia, Ohio, Colorado, and Florida, OBAMA STILL WINS!! He needs to grow the hell up and concede. He's lost other political races why should this be any different

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 07, 2012
Romney exhibits bitterness. The electorate are going to become bitter with him soon. His father missed the Presidency too and its become his lot as well. Wise up Romney and enjoy your billions. Obama has always been with the downtrodden and middleclass but not ya!!!

In the light of his conceding speech hereunder I now give him kudos.
MITT ROMNEY: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, my friends. Thank you so very much. Thank you. (Cheers, applause.) Thank you. Thank you.

I have just called President Obama to congratulate him on his victory. His supporters and his campaign also deserve congratulations. I wish all of them well, but particularly the president, the first lady and their daughters. (Applause.) This is a time of great challenges for America, and I pray that the president will be successful in guiding our nation.

I want to thank Paul Ryan for all that he has done for our campaign -- (cheers, applause) -- and for our country. Besides my wife Ann, Paul is the best choice I’ve ever made. (Cheers, applause.) And I trust that his intellect and his hard work and his commitment to principle will continue to contribute to the good of our nation. (Cheers, applause.)

I also want to thank Ann, the love of my life. (Cheers, applause.) She would have been a wonderful first lady. (Cheers, applause.) She’s -- she has been that and more to me and to our family and to the many people that she has touched with her compassion and her care. I thank my sons for their tireless work on behalf of the campaign, and thank their wives and children -- (cheers, applause) -- for taking up their slack as their husbands and dads have spent so many weeks away from home. (Cheers, applause.)

I want to thank Matt Rhoades and the dedicated campaign team he led. (Cheers, applause.) They have made an extraordinary effort, not just for me but also for the country that we love. And to you here tonight and to the team across the country -- the volunteers, the fundraisers, the donors, the surrogates -- I don’t believe that there’s ever been an effort in our party that can compare with what you have done over these past years. Thank you so very much. (Cheers, applause.)

Thanks for all the hours of work, for the calls, for the speeches and appearances, for the resources and for the prayers. You gave deeply from yourselves and performed magnificently, and you inspired us and you humbled us. You’ve been the very best we could have imagined.

The nation, as you know, is at a critical point. At a time like this, we can’t risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the people’s work. And we citizens also have to rise to the occasion. We look to our teachers and professors. We count on you not just to teach, but to inspire our children with a passion for learning and discovery.

We look to our pastors and priests and rabbis and counselors of all kinds to testify of the enduring principles upon which our society is built -- honesty, charity, integrity and family. We look to our parents, for in the final analysis, everything depends on the success of our homes. We look to job creators of all kinds. We’re counting on you to invest, to hire, to step forward. And we look to Democrats and Republicans in government at all levels to put the people before the politics.

I believe in America. I believe in the people of America. (Cheers, applause.)

And I ran for office because I’m concerned about America. This election is over, but our principles endure. I believe that the principles upon which this nation was founded are the only sure guide to a resurgent economy and to a new greatness.

Like so many of you, Paul and I have left everything on the field. We have given our all to this campaign. (Cheers, applause.) I so wish -- I so wish that I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead the country in a different direction. But the nation chose another leader. And so Ann and I join with you to earnestly pray for him and for this great nation.

Thank you, and God bless America. (Cheers, applause.) You guys are the best. Thank you so much. Thank you. Thanks, guys. (Cheers, applause.)
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 07, 2012
The small states that were supposed to give him hope have gone to Obama lol. Virginia, Colorado, Nevada, etc. He's pathetic.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by shizzle11(m): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2012
That's it. Congrats Obama. Didn't even follow †ђξ elections bt I'm happy Obama won a second term. gringrin grin
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by shizzle11(m): 6:54am On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88: The small states that were supposed to give him hope have gone to Obama lol. Virginia, Colorado, Nevada, etc. He's pathetic.

Lmao... I tot u were rooting for Romney to win?
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by ojeffo: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2012
achukwunet: Mitt Romney refuses to accept the outcome of Ohio and refuses to make his concession speech (he hasn't written one yet!!).
What are your thoughts?
Mitt Romney and his Republican party has rejected d result of d Election and has vowed to challenge it @ Elections Petition Tribunal.Speaking to Newsmen in Abuja Romney bemoaned d process as a charade.He pointed out that Late arrival of materials in strategic wards and local governments marred d entire process.With thugs snatching ballot boxes here and there....chooooi! ¶ still remember Maurice Iwuruwuru(former INeC chairman saying that America shld come n learn how to conduct Elections from Nigeria!! #odiegwu ooooo
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Callotti: 7:02am On Nov 07, 2012
Goooooooo Romney!!!!
Nice concession speech!!!
God bless the civilized world!
Back to the jungle of NL Africa!!!!! cry

Back to the world of uncivilized cyber jungle-bunnies! grin
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by achukwunet(f): 7:02am On Nov 07, 2012
He just conceded but we all know what he's thinking deep down.....

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Callotti: 7:06am On Nov 07, 2012
You think say na African e badu belle and e jolosi low-life? Dude has move on with his Sweet, Peaceful, Mormon life. Shioooooooor!!!
NL, please move on. kiss
Let us see your own MESS come 2015! grin
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Callotti: 7:10am On Nov 07, 2012
Obama's victory speech next jare!
Better civilized peeps! kiss
Lerrrus see how well both parties will work together,
Congratulations Obama!
Proud of you! Good job!!!! kiss

See y'all in 4 years!
Back to my Christmas shopping!
London Xmas!!!! Here I come. cool
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 07, 2012
shizzle11: Lmao... I tot u were rooting for Romney to win?

Me? Since when? Lol.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by achukwunet(f): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2012
Callotti: Goooooooo Romney!!!!
Nice concession speech!!!
God bless the civilized world!
Back to the jungle of NL Africa!!!!! cry

Back to the world of uncivilized cyber jungle-bunnies! grin

Umm worst concession speech ever. It wasn't planned. Romney was so convinced that he would win that he didn't write one up. So everything you saw on stage tonight was made up, the reason why it was so short

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by shizzle11(m): 8:39am On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88:

Me? Since when? Lol.

Hitherto Ɣ☺ΰ were in caymans island protecting Romney's $$ but now I see Ɣ☺ΰ're preparing cake for Obama's victory party in Chicago. Lmao!

How quick time flies, lwkmd! don't tell me Ɣ☺ΰ were being sacarstic.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by shizzle11(m): 8:44am On Nov 07, 2012
grin grin
achukwunet:

Umm worst concession speech ever. It wasn't planned. Romney was so convinced that he would win that he didn't write one up. So everything you saw on stage tonight was made up, the reason why it was so short

I see! So complacency and over-confidence rubbed him a bit? Eeyah! But as per †ђξ concession speech, does he need to write it down, we've always known these guys to be good orators not like our Nigerian....
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2012
shizzle11: grin grin

I see! So complacency and over-confidence rubbed him a bit? Eeyah! But as per †ђξ concession speech, does he need to write it down, we've always known these guys to be good orators not like our Nigerian....

They usually have two speeches prepared; victory and concession. Romney aids were blabbing about how they wouldn't need a concession speech lol. Romney's speech is probably the most authentic will ever hear him as that was one of the few times he was talking on the spot.
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by achukwunet(f): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2012
shizzle11: grin grin

It's tradition!! Stupid republicans. First in 2008 Sarah Palin was willing to break tradition and make her own concession (VP's candidates never doo!) then Romney thought he didn't have to write one. Shortest concession speech I've seen

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2012
shizzle11: Hitherto Ɣ☺ΰ were in caymans island protecting Romney's $$ but now I see Ɣ☺ΰ're preparing cake for Obama's victory party in Chicago. Lmao!

How quick time flies, lwkmd! don't tell me Ɣ☺ΰ were being sacarstic.

I was being sarcastic lol. My sarcasm can be stale. Sorry if you didn't get it lol. I voted for change in 2008 and I did it again today cool
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by shizzle11(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88:

They usually have two speeches prepared; victory and concession. Romney aids were blabbing about how they wouldn't need a concession speech lol. Romney's speech is probably the most authentic will ever hear him as that was one of the few times he was talking on the spot.

Owkay! Never knew two speeches were always prepaid, like achukwunet said that's †ђξ trad, now I know. They were busy running their mouth right? Guess now they're shell-shocked, Romney can eat his words, now that hurts oouuuuch!,
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by shizzle11(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2012
achukwunet:

It's tradition!! Stupid republicans. First in 2008 Sarah Palin was willing to break tradition and make her own concession (VP's candidates never doo!) then Romney thought he didn't have to write one. Shortest concession speech I've seen

Lol @ stupid republicans, never knew that was †ђξ trad thou. Seem Palin was desperately eager to conceed defeat hence her willingness to break †ђξ norm then...lol
Re: Barack Obama Wins Second Term: Mitt Romney Refuses Ohio Out Come by shizzle11(m): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2012
grin grin
ogugua88:

I was being sarcastic lol. My sarcasm can be stale. Sorry if you didn't get it lol. I voted for change in 2008 and I did it again today cool

Now I get

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason For War In Mali Exposed! / Graphic Photos: Ebola Task Force Open Fire On Resident Of Ebola Slum In Liberia / Photo: See The Faces Of The Men Who Stabbed Emmanuel Sithole To Death In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.