Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,540 members, 7,770,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:22 AM

Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online (14260 Views)

Mitt Romney Blames 'gifts' For Defeat / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by semid4lyfe(m): 7:36pm On Nov 08, 2012

Screenshot of Mitt Romney's transitional website, calling him the "President-elect" which was briefly online for a day after he lost to President Barack Obama.

REPUBLICAN presidential nominee Mitt Romney had a "transition" website that apparently went online briefly after Tuesday's election loss.

The Political Wire website published screenshots from what appeared to be "the office of the President-elect" and a photo of the losing candidate against an American flag backdrop.

"I'm excited about our prospects as a nation," said a quote on the site next to Mr Romney's photo. "My priority is putting people back to work."

Under Mr Romney's picture was a slogan: "Smaller, Simpler, Smarter: Believe in America."

The website run by author and former political advisor Taegan Goddard said the site "was quickly taken down but I saved screenshots."

The screenshots were dated Wednesday at 8:40 pm local time or nearly a full day after US President Barack Obama was declared the winner and Mr Romney conceded.

The site invited people to the inauguration in Washington on January 21, and included links to a newsroom and applications for jobs in the Romney administration.

"Please check back here in the coming weeks for more information and details about President-elect Romney's inauguration," the website said.

The screenshots showed three pages, including one with pictures of both Romney and his running mate, Representative Paul Ryan, described as "the vice president-elect."

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to an AFP inquiry

SOURCE

2 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by eledalo: 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Wetin come happen? This is how proper societies plan. The guy still had a loser's speech prepared. All candidates prepared to win and also prepared to lose. He would have had a president-elect speech, same way Obama had a loser's speech. Or you think say na Naija wey the automatic loser's speech is 'This is fraud, they stole votes, we will contest this to the last!'.

Welcome to organised society¬!

53 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by eledalo: 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
Yo. for the record: not only am I 1st, I'm also 2nd! Ha!

3 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
#dashes out to get more water#

Romney ki, Obama nuno, website ni? Abegi! Before this ijebu garri wey me dey drink turn to eba make I fetch more water..

#freecocoa and ebamma enters with spoon#

2 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Itunmo?
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
So na wetin i gots to talk now?
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Gnosticmovement(m): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
eledalo: Wetin come happen? This is how proper societies plan. The guy still had a loser's speech prepared. All candidates prepared to win and also prepared to lose. He would have had a president-elect speech, same way Obama had a loser's speech. Or you think say na Naija wey the automatic loser's speech is 'This is fraud, they stole votes, we will contest this to the last!'.

gbam...
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by SamMilla1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
You think USA is Nigeria where we know the winner before election. Over there, every candidate prepares as much as he can.
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Redmosquito(m): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
Minion:Ur Sinfulness! Romney don Bleep up
Hades: Dont mind him. When Obama was busy carrying sacrifice to baba in kenya, he was busy campaigning. I mean, wat did he expect?
Minion: My King! Are there Babas in Kenya?!
Hades:Dont you know? Na their Baba bad pass ooo, where do you think I come from?
Minion:
Redmosquito: It has come to my understandin that this post has drawn a lot of anger. I use this medium to apologise to anyone who feels offended in any way by my post. Hades is one who goes against the norms, that's why I created Minion. He is to put Hades in check.
Thank you and God bless my likers

6 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nuzo1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
Its natural and expected.

Fellas, this is America where folks plan ahead of future occurrances.

Should he had won, wouldn't we had wanted to be updated about his new office from a personal angle?
Should he have suspended everything for about 4 months or more before and after he takes the oath of office like we do in Nigeria?

Na waoh angry
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by KINGwax(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
bbpreye.:
And so what? Does it mean I should stop drinking this garri now?

#adds more milk to the garri#
talk another thing jare. You're an idiott

7 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sure Obama must be laughing hard!
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by 4wardever(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Glad they all have taken it in good faith cos If USA was Nigeria, the headlines will read:

· Don't celebrate yet, Romney tells Obama (TELL magazine)

· Concede defeat, Obama urges Romney (Punch newspaper)

· 20 opposition cadres riot (The Sun newspaper)

· Romney Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard newspaper)

· Elections rigged (Guardian newspaper)

· No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)

· The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)

· There will be violence if we lose; Romney declares (LTV 8 news)

· Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)

· Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)

· Romney is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)

· I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)

· McCain heads to Election Petition Tribunal (MITV)

· White Majority rejects results (PM News)

· Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama Throws Lavish Party to celebrate Election Victory (City People)

· Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)

· Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)

· Republicans and Democrats supporters clash in Ketu and Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll

· The people behind Obama's victory: True story uncovered... Newswatch

Can someone tell Donald Trump to shutup!

25 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by gabriel212: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2012
O boy Romney na naija obodo him hail from. knowing the result b4 election.
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
KINGwax: talk another thing jare. You're an idiott

You have no idea who u're about to mess with! If I face you you will regret the day you joined nairaland. Maybe u're just literally too stupid to insult! So I'll just pass! You need more ijebu garri shoved up ur asss!

Hug the next transformer!

Discombobulated akpan!

#adds more sugar to the garri#

@topic, Amelika is dommed!
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by chucky234(m): 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
Poor Romney
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sorry 4 Romney
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by ITbomb(m): 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
From day one, the President-elect has his list of nominees ready.
We have a loooooong way to go.
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by BizBooks(m): 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
Apart from Nate Silver who predicted that Romney had a 10% chance of winning, everybody else
thought his chances were near 50%. So the fact that they had this website ready is not
surprising. What is making news here today is that one of the pictures on the site was
copied from Obama's 2009 inauguration. How ironic.

The first picture shows what Romney posted on his site while the second shows the original
from Obama's inauguration.

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by mayzee: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
4wardever: Glad they all have taken it in good faith cos If USA was Nigeria, the headlines will read:

Bros u try Nigerian papers could not have said it better cheesy
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by ITbomb(m): 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
BizBooks:

The first picture shows what Romney posted on his site while the second shows the original
from Obama's inauguration.
No banner like
'Women For Obama Initiative"
'Arizona Progressive Obama 2012"
See as them all dey siddon down, no Mopol on duty, so dull.
I Love my country.
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by a1solution: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
I am happy for Obama.
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
eledalo: Or you think say na Naija wey the automatic loser's speech is 'This is fraud, they stole votes, we will contest this to the last!'.

LWKMD cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by tunapar(m): 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
This is how a modern and peace loving society should be. Planning ahead and at the same time preparing for the eventualities. Had Nigerian Govt heed the warning sounded some 4 years ago, the general flood that nearly brought all activities in the affected areas into an abrupt halt wouldn't have happened. We lack foresight in this part of the world(I mean no disrespect). When our politicians loose any poll(even after invoking the act of thuggery, bribery and voilence at the polling stations), they still go ahead for tribunal. The US election is a lesson to our leaders, they should sit down(both the ruling and the opposition parties) to plan how the violence that has dwindled the development of this country could be curbed. Also they should see themselves as different factions/parties having a onerous goal of curbing corruption and curtailing voilence. It is only by doing this that any meaning development and social improvement can be acheived in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by ogochukwunasa1: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion:Ur Sinfulness! Romney don Bleep up
Hades: Dont mind him. When Obama was busy carrying sacrifice to baba in kenya, he was busy campaigning. I mean, wat did he expect?
Minion: My King! Are there Babas in Kenya?!
Hades:Dont you know? Na their Baba bad pass ooo, where do you think I come from?
Minion:
RUBBISH!!! abeg if u dont av something reasonable to say'''' just shut up ur stinking mouth'
@topic' God Bless America
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by quicksylva(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
Just one Word====BRILLIANT grin
4wardever: Glad they all have taken it in good faith cos If USA was Nigeria, the headlines will read:

· Romney Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard newspaper)

· Elections rigged (Guardian newspaper)

· No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)

· The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)

· There will be violence if we lose; Romney declares (LTV 8 news)

· Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)

· Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)

· Romney is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)

· I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)

· McCain heads to Election Petition Tribunal (MITV)

· White Majority rejects results (PM News)

· Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama Throws Lavish Party to celebrate Election Victory (City People)

· Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)

· Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)

· Republicans and Democrats supporters clash in Ketu and Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll

· The people behind Obama's victory: True story uncovered... Newswatch

Can someone tell Donald Trump to shutup!
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Gombs(m): 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
bbpreye.:

You have no idea who u're about to mess with! If I face you you will regret the day you joined nairaland. Maybe u're just literally too stupid to insult! So I'll just pass! You need more ijebu garri shoved up ur asss!

Discombobulated akpan!

Your Posts keeps getting more stupidd by d second...fact is ǖя̩̥̊ garri stunt is getting more and more annoying next to dose clowns fighting for who was first second n third to comment on a topic,as if we cnt count.#NoOffenceIntended

1 Like

Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Rick9(m): 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
bbpreye.:

Discombobulated akpan!

presido am feeling you jor. Dont mind him.
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by Horus(m): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by dejiswaggs(m): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
sorry Ra Mo Ni....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawmakers Exchange Blows In Senegal’s Parliament / Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA / Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.