Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... (14470 Views)

Help My Facebook Friend! (pix) / 25-year-old Mother Allegedly Murdered By Facebook Friend During First Meeting / Did My Facebook Friend Just Commit Suicide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by rodeo0070(m): 6:29am On Nov 07, 2012
A 21-year-old student has been hospitalised, after she was allegedly pushed down from the third floor of a building in Lagos, following a disagreement with a man she met on the social network, Facebook.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Akabugu Nkiruka sustained multiple injuries, including a pelvis fracture, and was undergoing surgery at the General Hospital, Marina, Lagos, on Tuesday.

Nkiruka, a Linguistics student of the University of Lagos, told NAN on her hospital bed that she met the young man through the social media, barely a week before the November 1 incident.

She told NAN that the 26-year-old man (name withheld) last Wednesday invited her to a night club in Apapa from where they ended up in his family home at 1004 Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos.

She noted that the young man had earlier talked about sex on the phone prior to the outing but she told him she was menstruating.

Nkiruka said on getting to the house, the man tore her dress and tried to molest her.

According to Nkiruka, the man thereafter pushed her down from the third floor of the building because she refused to have sex with him.

When contacted, the man’s mother, who was at home on the night of the incident, however, told NAN that she was not aware of what happened.

She said she slept around 10pm, while the disagreement between the couple started much later.

The mother, who pleaded anonymity, said she paid part of the hospital bill immediately after Nkiruka was admitted, and even tried to transfer her to a private hospital.

“I took her as our own daughter and so, I can do anything that will make her recover quickly,’’ she added.

She insisted that her preliminary inquiry indicated that Nkiruka was not pushed by her son as alleged, but that she jumped on her own in the ensuing scuffle.

When contacted, the Divisional Police Officer of Bar Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos, Mr. Fayoade Adegoke, told NAN that Nkiruka wrote in her statement that she jumped on her own, in order to escape being raped.

Adegoke said he ordered his men to convey the victim to the hospital immediately after he was informed of the incident by security guards in the area.

The DPO said the suspect was released on bail, pending further investigation into the matter..

SOURCE-www.punchng.com/metro/unilag-student-hospitalised-after-outing-with-facebook-friend/
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Osama10(m): 7:23am On Nov 07, 2012
People will never learn.

5 Likes

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by honeric01(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2012
Ewure must remain ewure, nothing can stop a fly destined to perish.
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by carefulme(m): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2012
.......different news unfold everyday
.......one is discussed until another comes to replace it.....
.........OMO NA SEASON FILM

1 Like

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by xandy84: 9:52am On Nov 07, 2012
What do you expect... She hear V.I. She jump inside car... Mumu girl. You are luck now, next time na your head dem go cut...

3 Likes

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Afam4eva(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2012
Osama10: People will never learn.
Do people learn? They always think there own case will be different without knowing that one day monkey go go market im no go come back.

2 Likes

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by yomtolly(f): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2012
When will people learn?

1 Like

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by MrNigeria2(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2012
another Cynthia movie in the making. ..watch out for part two
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by brummell: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2012
Is she a stranger in Naija? Anyway we are waiting for season 3
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by IRBIG: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2012
i dont think ladies of this days still av dignity,u met a man on social network and the next thing u can do is to end up at his place. when will ladies start learning their lessons.i tot they said u learn from other people mistakes,but i can see now that all ladies prefere to learn from there own mistake

2 Likes

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by omenziate(m): 9:57am On Nov 07, 2012
Just some days back, another female student in UI tried comitting suicide with hyposera cuz of Boyfriend palava. Dis our babes for UNI ehn, dem no wan get sense ni?

2 Likes

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by femliany(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2012
"Nkiruka said on getting to the house, the man tore her dress and tried to Molestation her" See grammar..u no dey hear word abi?

3 Likes

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Khayordhe: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2012
Guyz are nt smiling o...d guy wan chop d gal make e clean im maut chap chap buh unlucky 4 him,d babe dey do im period...

As 4 d gal....,make i reserve mah comment

#continue drinking garri#
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by obailala(m): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2012
yomtolly: When will people learn?
In life, taking risks like this is sometimes INEVITABLE. Many great love stories and marriages started with taking this kind of risk. Unfortunately, a lot of horror stories/movies also begin like this so u can't really blame anyone for being too foolish cos one can never be too careful undecided

3 Likes

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by dridowu: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2012
Facebook Love
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2012
Chai! Ihe neme! Social evils 4rm the social network won't stop social beings from socializing with social perverts

1 Like

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by nysot(f): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2012
hmmm
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by kemiola89(f): 10:06am On Nov 07, 2012
She got what she deserves! (Baa gunyan ninu odo iyan, baa sebe ninu epo epa eni ma yo a yo) those who are willing to learn will learn.
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 07, 2012
IRBIG: i dont think ladies of this days still av dignity,u met a man on social network and the next thing u can do is to end up at his place. when will ladies start learning their lessons.i tot they said u learn from other people mistakes,but i can see now that all ladies prefere to learn from there own mistake

They wants to live the "good life". Love for extreeme materialism can cause a lot of harm.

Maybe the guy spent quite a sum on the outing and wanted ROI( return on investment).

The way things are in this society of ours, just accept it as a norm and expect to see more of these on the front page.
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by faceit: 10:07am On Nov 07, 2012
wen will some girls ever learn? nigeria is no longer a safe place to be where pple can kill anyhow. nobody is to be trusted not alone a guy u met on facebook...facebook luv sha...
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by MissyB3(f): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2012
Hopefully, she's learned her lesson.

Sadly, there will always be many other Cynthias and Nkirukas. One begins to wonder what these people have in place of a brain.
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by andyanders: 10:11am On Nov 07, 2012
It would have been better dead than alive. You met someone barely a week and went out clubbing and ending up in his bedroom despite the warning going round. Cynthia died as a result of friends she met on face book. How I wish you died it would have been better. Maybe you will end up in a wheelchair.
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by nysot(f): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2012
she met the young man through the social media, barely a week before the November 1 incident
Barely a week and you are already visiting a man talking about sex with you on phone..What happens to self respect and dignity..I don't pity her..Onpe
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by sambas: 10:13am On Nov 07, 2012
no matter how long they spend in the city this village mentality is still in them. cos of VI you want to go and kill yourself, God catch u. stupid girl.

1 Like

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by soty(m): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2012
if u ask me,her story doesnt add up.."u talked abt sex" yet u complained abt been molested..IN HIS HOUSE!!..THAT YOU STILL WENT TO..ppl help me here, coz i dnt knw wat beta caution/clue she could hav had..still no reason sha to be push but if she jumped to escape then DAMN!! y talk abt it in the 1st place if u wont go thru with it?..jst my take

1 Like

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by pauloskyo: 10:13am On Nov 07, 2012
Some girls are stupid,they don't want to learn from experience.Ladies listen if u want shaa;being a big girl doesn't men senseless but it means being wise
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Rick9(m): 10:14am On Nov 07, 2012
Na wah oh. Nigeria and facebook.com
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Lordrama: 10:14am On Nov 07, 2012
why do she go there. when she know say she can give out.
Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by freecocoa(f): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2012
No sympathy for her as far as I'm concerned.
Very useless and f00lish girl.
Why refuse to have sex after being told that was the deal?
Abi she think say the guy na mugu?
That's how they'll keep dying.
Ndi eberibe na amaghi mgbe onwu na kpo ha.
Next!!!

1 Like

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by Kslib(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2012
When cynthia own happen,dem warn young girls but still some no gree hear word,now see wetin happen.. Experience they say "is the best teacher".. Girls no longer have self dignity,they have absolute no respect for their body. All they know/think about is sex,sex,sex,sex and to chop awuf money wey their papa no plant.. They like asking for money,money and when the guy in question demands for sex,dem go say "can't you love me for who i am",your papa...
Not all girls are guilty of this,but majority of today's girls are sluts/bitches. Just thank your GOD if you find a descent girl today...

1 Like

Re: Student Hospitalized After Outing With Facebook Friend... by mancheeutd(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2012
Nkiru no wan chop banana grin but she wan collect money haha will naija girls ever learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

38 Inmates Escape From Police Custody In Enugu / Policeman Kills Man During A Heated Argument In Akwa Ibom / NAPTIP Arrests Fake Rev. Sister In Edo For Trafficking 38 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.