Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets (8129 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Held Meeting With Segun Agbaje,akpabio And Others (photos) / Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 8:10am On Nov 07, 2012
I remember last week I was here lamblasting the governors of Akwa Ibom and Rivers state, and some people thought I did that because I am not from the same tribe with the governor or that they deserve to buy the jets as in the case of Akpabio, him done 'work'. I was ashamed at the way some of us reason. The monies for the jets would have fixed a lot of things. Standard hospitals, schools, industries, roads in the rural areas etc We always cry about the poverty in the Niger Delta region but funny enough it is our leaders and their wickedness that put us in this state. Even if the federal government gives 50% resource control to Niger Delta it will not change anything because it will go into the hands of these corrupt men. Akpabio is the worst governor Akwa Ibom has ever produced. His government is the most corrupt in the the history of the state. tongue

Our profligate governors have only succeeded in exposing their poor governance performance to the outside world. A former United States Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, wondered why Amaechi and others were obsessed with private jets when the King of Norway and the prime minister fly commercial airlines when they travel. Even Britain’s Prime Minister does not have official jets. He flies in chartered aircraft, sometimes privately chartered, but often he flies British Airways.

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, has sometimes, travelled in commercial airlines. It saves taxpayers at least $300,000 each time Cameron takes a commercial flight. Incidentally, while Norway, which produces about the same amount of crude oil as Nigeria, is among the richest countries in the world with one of the highest standards of living, Nigeria is among the poorest.

In Africa, Malawi’s President, Joyce Banda, earlier in the year, announced that she would sell her country’s sole Presidential jet and a fleet of 60 Mercedes Benz limousines. She said she would henceforth use private airlines instead. In the past, Nigeria has produced some selfless leaders who had the interest of the country at heart. Such leaders as Murtala Mohammed, Aminu Kano, Tafawa Balewa and Michael Adekunle Ajasin, never engaged in lavish lifestyles at the expense of the citizens. These are leaders our wasteful governors should emulate. Our land is again hungry for them.

http://www.punchng.com/editorial/amaechi-and-akpabios-controversial-new-jets/

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by kunlekunle: 9:30am On Nov 07, 2012
in a country with mass democratic illiteracy you dont expect good governance when you have mediocres in place of authority
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ace4luv69(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2012
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHH MONEYYYYYYYYYY
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Afam4eva(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2012
I don't know about Akpabio being the worse governor in Akwa Ibom's history but i don't see the sense in these governors buying private jets when the citizens live in squalor.

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by dridowu: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Viclov(m): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2012
ayinisong ur a veri big liar, Akpabio is not d worst Governor Akwa Ibom state has ever seen, u can't just start vomiting rubbish about AKPABIO, he has tried to an extent compared to other current Governors nd the past Governor of AKS, Victor Attah, nd u can't expect him to suit ur taste 100%... As for the examples u've hilighted i.e british prime minister, king of Norway, using commercial planes, u forgot that the condition of our planes used in Nigeria commercially z nt the same with that of the europeans, so u can't expect the Governors we have in Nigeria to use same, or u pretend to forget the crash that took the Governor of kwara state to Germany, If there is the money, any Governor, president, individual can buy for sake of seafty but it should not be as a private matter, bt it should be for the Governor of the state, even if he steps down, the next governor would inherit it.... nd the Nigerian avaition sector should try to sanitize the aviation sector

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by hacklilc: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2012
Am just pounding how they feel doing all this evil ? What would be their endless gain ?. How would this country develop when we still have these folks !
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Royalty1(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2012
Viclov: ayinisong ur a veri big liar, Akpabio is not d worst Governor Akwa Ibom state has seen, am 4rm uyo, and u can't just start vomiting rubbish about AKPABIO, he has tried a bit, nd u can't expect him to suit ur taste 100%... As for the examples u've hilighted i.e british prime minister, king of Norway, using commercial planes, u forgot that the condition of our planes used in Nigeria commercially z nt the same with that of the europeans, so u can't expect the Governors we have in Nigeria. If there is the money, any Governor, president, individual can buy for seafty sake but it should not be as a private matter, bt it should be for the Governor of the state, even if he steps down, the next governor would inherit it....

So what would you say about the Taraba State Governor? Was that not a private plane?

The bottom truth is our leaders have Zero empathy towards we the followers.

Am pretty sure the next governor would come around and say he also needs a new jet cause the previous one used by the last Governor is old.

God Save Nigeria! sad

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2012
Private Jets are not much money compared to the funds that Governors loot and place in accounts of surrogates, so if you are a crusader of anti-corruption I doubt if there much you can do. The Bank EDs, The MOGs, The New Generation Musicians, and some Business Magnets are the surrogates of these politicians. Private Jet or not, you cant beat them cos they own the Police, the Army and even you sorry to say. If you can not beat them, you can only shout and cry and die, except you join them and change things from the inside out. Join a party today and change things from inside out. FRESH AIR!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by pendusky(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2012
I bet you, if given the opportunity to rule your local govt you wld even buy a costlier jet...free us joor...
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 07, 2012
i wonder how anyone would give an excuse on why a governor needs a private jet, in as much as they keep owning private jets, our national carrier won't be fixed, and its still average nigeriAns that will pay with their lives during air mishaps!

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 10:44am On Nov 07, 2012
Viclov: ayinisong ur a veri big liar, Akpabio is not d worst Governor Akwa Ibom state has ever seen, u can't just start vomiting rubbish about AKPABIO, he has tried to an extent compared to other current Governors nd the past Governor of AKS, Victor Attah, nd u can't expect him to suit ur taste 100%... As for the examples u've hilighted i.e british prime minister, king of Norway, using commercial planes, u forgot that the condition of our planes used in Nigeria commercially z nt the same with that of the europeans, so u can't expect the Governors we have in Nigeria to use same, or u pretend to forget the crash that took the Governor of kwara state to Germany, If there is the money, any Governor, president, individual can buy for sake of seafty but it should not be as a private matter, bt it should be for the Governor of the state, even if he steps down, the next governor would inherit it.... nd the Nigerian avaition sector should try to sanitize the aviation sector

Okay, please answer the following questions: why do we have ethnic politics in the state today, tribalism in government, corruption, cultism, kidnapping on the increase specially targeted towards the political class. Why did he want to kidnapped Udoedehe's wife, (ACN Candidate's wife in 2011 election), Where is Iniekong Udonwa today,(PDP govenorship aspirant), why was his mother kidnapped and killed just because his son wanted to run for governorship, why was Sam Ewang's wife (ANPP candidate's wife) kidnapped and abused. Why did he order boys to attack Udoedehe and his campaign team in Ikot Ekpene, Ini and Ikono? Where is Paul Inyang, Ekpenyong brothers, chief ononokpono, charles umanah etc? Just funny how some of you don't reason.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by chucky234(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2012
Viclov: ayinisong ur a veri big liar, Akpabio is not d worst Governor Akwa Ibom state has ever seen, u can't just start vomiting rubbish about AKPABIO, he has tried to an extent compared to other current Governors nd the past Governor of AKS, Victor Attah, nd u can't expect him to suit ur taste 100%... As for the examples u've hilighted i.e british prime minister, king of Norway, using commercial planes, u forgot that the condition of our planes used in Nigeria commercially z nt the same with that of the europeans, so u can't expect the Governors we have in Nigeria to use same, or u pretend to forget the crash that took the Governor of kwara state to Germany, If there is the money, any Governor, president, individual can buy for sake of seafty but it should not be as a private matter, bt it should be for the Governor of the state, even if he steps down, the next governor would inherit it.... nd the Nigerian avaition sector should try to sanitize the aviation sector
Condition of planes used in Nigeria commercially are not the same with the ones use by Europeans? Are you serious,ok the ones on Arik's fleet were manufactured in ABA,clap for yourself.
Chronic goon.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by nkemKalu: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2012
RIOT ! RIOT !! RIOT!!!.............THIS IS A CALL TO NATIONAL DUTY. ALL WELL MEANING NIGERIANS THAT LOVE THIS COUNTRY DEARLY SHOULD PLEASE JOIN ME IN THE FORTHCOMING PEACEFULL PROTEST/ HUNGER STRIKE AT OJOTA PARK LAGOS.......ON SATURDAY 10TH NOVEMBER 2012.....TO PROTEST AND EXPRESS OUR ANGER OVER THE RECKLESSNESS OF OUR LEADERS IN MANAGING OUR NATIONS RESOURCES. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT END THIS PROTEST UNTIL THESE GOVERNORS WHO ARE CRAZY ABOUT PRIVATE JETS AND EXTRAVAGANT LIFE STYLES ARE BROUGHT TO BOOK. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by chucky234(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Private Jets are not much money compared to the funds that Governors loot and place in accounts of surrogates, so if you are a crusader of anti-corruption I doubt if there much you can do. The Bank EDs, The MOGs, The New Generation Musicians, and some Business Magnets are the surrogates of these politicians. Private Jet or not, you cant beat them cos they own the Police, the Army and even you sorry to say. If you can not beat them, you can only shout and cry and die, except you join them and change things from the inside out. Join a party today and change things from inside out. FRESH AIR!
a case of fly perches on shi:t

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by nkemKalu: 10:52am On Nov 07, 2012
THE REASONING OF A TYPICAL FOOL

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by INFO70: 11:10am On Nov 07, 2012
'Akpabio is the worst governor Akwa Ibom has ever produced. His government is the most corrupt in the the history of the state'.
Da owo Ayinisong, re u comparing Akpabio with Victor Attah, Late Akpan Isemin etc or with the passed military governors of the state? U are not right. Stop trying to attract unnecessary attention
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by dridowu: 11:11am On Nov 07, 2012
YOUR summary is CALLED RUBBISH, y dnt u think b4 u start typing ?
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Afolabs101: 11:12am On Nov 07, 2012

I really feel bad when I read things like this. This is the reason things will not get better: "Governor should fly private jet because Nigerian planes are unsafe", so the rest of us should put our lives in danger while the 1% fly in safety? "The Colonel on the BRT lane should be left alone because he's a senior military man".

Maybe we should just allow our leaders to loot and abuse us because they are Government officials? Or should we strive for equality?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by rozayx5(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2012
ayinisong: I remember last week I was here lamblasting the governors of Akwa Ibom and Rivers state, and some people thought I did that because I am not from the same tribe with the governor or that they deserve to buy the jets as in the case of Akpabio, him done 'work'. I was ashamed at the way some of us reason. The monies for the jets would have fixed a lot of things. Standard hospitals, schools, industries, roads in the rural areas etc We always cry about the poverty in the Niger Delta region but funny enough it is our leaders and their wickedness that put us in this state. Even if the federal government gives 50% resource control to Niger Delta it will not change anything because it will go into the hands of these corrupt men. Akpabio is the worst governor Akwa Ibom has ever produced. His government is the most corrupt in the the history of the state. tongue

Our profligate governors have only succeeded in exposing their poor governance performance to the outside world. A former United States Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, wondered why Amaechi and others were obsessed with private jets when the King of Norway and the prime minister fly commercial airlines when they travel. Even Britain’s Prime Minister does not have official jets. He flies in chartered aircraft, sometimes privately chartered, but often he flies British Airways.

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, has sometimes, travelled in commercial airlines. It saves taxpayers at least $300,000 each time Cameron takes a commercial flight. Incidentally, while Norway, which produces about the same amount of crude oil as Nigeria, is among the richest countries in the world with one of the highest standards of living, Nigeria is among the poorest.

In Africa, Malawi’s President, Joyce Banda, earlier in the year, announced that she would sell her country’s sole Presidential jet and a fleet of 60 Mercedes Benz limousines. She said she would henceforth use private airlines instead. In the past, Nigeria has produced some selfless leaders who had the interest of the country at heart. Such leaders as Murtala Mohammed, Aminu Kano, Tafawa Balewa and Michael Adekunle Ajasin, never engaged in lavish lifestyles at the expense of the citizens. These are leaders our wasteful governors should emulate. Our land is again hungry for them.

http://www.punchng.com/editorial/amaechi-and-akpabios-controversial-new-jets/

[size=20pt]This one you just deh talk cause you know deh there[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If we vote Udoedehe put there, e go do worse grin grin grin grin, stingy man like him when he was senator he achieve nothing, Frank Okon is at least manageable cool
Go get a life Bro

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by sundaybam(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2012
We are tired of this corruped leader. How much are they collecting. All they can do is 2 smash our money and by jet. When people are out there suffering. Very bad.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by RickyRoss1(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2012
No State governor in Nigeria deserves any private jet for any reason whatsoever.

However, Akpabio is not a bad governor and he has performed well according to Nigerian standard

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by kunlekunle: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Private Jets are not much money compared to the funds that Governors loot and place in accounts of surrogates, so if you are a crusader of anti-corruption I doubt if there much you can do. The Bank EDs, The MOGs, The New Generation Musicians, and some Business Magnets are the surrogates of these politicians. Private Jet or not, you cant beat them cos they own the Police, the Army and even you sorry to say. If you can not beat them, you can only shout and cry and die, except you join them and change things from the inside out. Join a party today and change things from inside out. FRESH AIR!

POLITICS 101
you cant legislate against corruption.
Ask Farook.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by slimur(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2012

So its better for u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅ d citizens to fly and crash abi Cos we can afford private jet
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2012
rozayx5:

[size=20pt]This one you just deh talk cause you know deh there[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If we vote Udoedehe put there, e go do worse grin grin grin grin, stingy man like him when he was senator he achieve nothing, Frank Okon is at least manageable cool
Go get a life Bro

Stingy in what sense, did you beg him for money? People like you are the one's that follow politicians up and down begging for money that is why you are always an easy tool for them to use and rig the election. Get busy bro stop licking politicians butts.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by RickyRoss1(m): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2012
Akpabio is not a bad governor per say, he has performed considerably according to Nigerian standards..

However, no State governor in Nigeria deserves any private jet for any reason whatsoever. You can buy private jets if there is no poverty in your state. As long as most people in your state are poor, tell me what you need a private jet for
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by SirElaw(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2012
Imagine d tinking of a nigerian youth
I fear 4 d future of dis nation

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Super1759: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2012
all these once you people are saying. Please which apiam-way will I take to go to aba. The roads are cutoff. Make una tell me please
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by rozayx5(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayinisong:

Stingy in what sense, did you beg him for money? People like you are the one's that follow politicians up and down begging for money that is why you are always an easy tool for them to use and rig the election. Get busy bro stop licking politicians butts.

I shud rather be saying that to you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, cause you were the one looking for free grants to start biz from Akpabio grin grin grin grin grin
Check my posts, ialways make fun of those that criticize our government, why? cause it will never improve till entrepreneurs take over from them shocked shocked
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Pritheeann(f): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayinisong:

Okay, please answer the following questions: why do we have ethnic politics in the state today, tribalism in government, corruption, cultism, kidnapping on the increase specially targeted towards the political class. Why did he want to kidnapped Udoedehe's wife, (ACN Candidate's wife in 2011 election), Where is Iniekong Udonwa today,(PDP govenorship aspirant), why was his mother kidnapped and killed just because his son wanted to run for governorship, why was Sam Ewang's wife (ANPP candidate's wife) kidnapped and abused. Why did he order boys to attack Udoedehe and his campaign team in Ikot Ekpene, Ini and Ikono? Where is Paul Inyang, Ekpenyong brothers, chief ononokpono, charles umanah etc? Just funny how some of you don't reason.
pls stop wad u dnt know..if u had d chance 2be on dat seat,.wad wud u av done
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2012
rozayx5:

I shud rather be saying that to you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, cause you were the one looking for free grants to start biz from Akpabio grin grin grin grin grin
Check my posts, ialways make fun of those that criticize our government, why? cause it will never improve till entrepreneurs take over from them shocked shocked

On the surface one might think you are intelligent but no. Did I say grant or loan? Guy use your dictionary, grant and loan no be the same thing. If government can give me a loan of 5million I will create 40 direct jobs and 100 indirect in 3 months. I get busines idea brekete.... You people always think that these leaders are better than you are of course for your type because for me I will do 1000 times more than Akpabio is doing. I have a track record, I won't wake up one day and rig myself into power like he did but you will cast that vote for me grin a vote for change

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Sucks Breasts Of Kenyan Women For Deliverance / Supreme Court To Give Final Judgement On Saraki's Case July 6 (DETAILS) / Yoruba Groups To Rally Against Killings, Kidnapping In Southwest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.