Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Is There Disunity Among Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Disunity Among Christians? (1471 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / Picking And Choosing What Bible Verses To Obey Among Christians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2012
Among christians, it seems there are disunity and quest for power. Catholics, Anglicans, Pentecostals make up the christians and history had made it clear that catholicism is the foundation of the christian church.
The 3 churches believed in Jesus christ, Holy spirit and God(holy trinity one God) but yet preaches almost different things as a result of their different doctrines and culture. Fights against christians had directed towards catholics which can be a clear evidence of its reality.
Which christian church are you in,what do you think is the reason for christian disunity? Is catholicism really the foundation of the christian church?
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 07, 2012
catholism for me is a mystery.
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by italo: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
For me, and one billion others,

The Catholic Church is the ONE TRUE CHURCH founded by Jesus Christ.

There is nothing like "churches."
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Callotti: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
Only disunity?
Kolomentalism nko? grin
That Catholic CULT of a thingy is the VERY WORST!!!! Twa!!!! cry
I have never met a church-goer that isn't confused or frankly DEMENTED! cheesy
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
italo: For me, and one billion others,

The Catholic Church is the ONE TRUE CHURCH founded by Jesus Christ.

There is nothing like "churches."
@italo its historically true but do u have a real fabt abt that
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Callotti: Only disunity?
Kolomentalism nko? grin
u're very far frm this phenomena
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Callotti: Only disunity?
Kolomentalism nko? grin
u're very far frm this phenomenon
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by CrazyMan(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
I worship God...I don't follow church doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Callotti: 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
Chukskalidon:
u're very far frm this phenomena

Meaning what?
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
CrazyMan: I worship God...I don't follow church doctrines.
without doctrines then ur possibility of being a true christian is 0%. U can't worship anything without a physical,visible and understandable fact abt it.
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Callotti:

Meaning what?
I told u b4 that anything abt catholism is a mystery. This is no sentiment. U called catholic a 'cult' yea, no argument. But what type of cult, what is the meaning of cultism? Most people are far from this phenomenon abt catholism and christians
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by deebrain(m): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2012
What is d shame in all is that satan manifests in a group that is divided. Even check out nairaland-christian topics. If they are not abusing a man of God, they are abusing themselves and even shamelessly quoting different sides of the same point in the bible to back up their points. Every christian believes that his own is the best and most holy and does not mind cursing the others. Borrow a leaf from other faiths-even suprisingly those that dont believe in God. U may say that they are of the devil but how come those of the devil manifest the godly character of unity that those that claim to be of God? Pathetic.
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 08, 2012
deebrain: What is d shame in all is that satan manifests in a group that is divided. Even check out nairaland-christian topics. If they are not abusing a man of God, they are abusing themselves and even shamelessly quoting different sides of the same point in the bible to back up their points. Every christian believes that his own is the best and most holy and does not mind cursing the others. Borrow a leaf from other faiths-even suprisingly those that dont believe in God. U may say that they are of the devil but how come those of the devil manifest the godly character of unity that those that claim to be of God? Pathetic.
Are u saying that d devil is taking advantage of the disunity among christians to manifest his plans? I think this may be true but still we know every fight against christians is directed towards d catholics,why?
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by italo: 8:21am On Nov 09, 2012
Chukskalidon:

for you to say it is "historically true" means you have historical FACTS so when you ask for facts again, im confused.

what kind of facts do you want exactly?
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by italo: 8:24am On Nov 09, 2012
Chukskalidon:

for you to say it is "historically true" means you have historical FACTS so when you ask for facts again, im confused.

If you are not following church doctrines, it means you are following your personal doctrine. Doesn't it?
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by italo: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2012
Chukskalidon:
I think this may be true but still we know every fight against christians is directed towards d catholics,why?

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
italo:

History is of the past and most people don't believe in the past.
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
italo:

If you are not following church doctrines, it means you are following your personal doctrine. Doesn't it?
I think its true. There must be a guideline for ur belief. If ur not following d church's doctrine then u must know d one in which u follow. I still maintain that catholicism is a mystery.
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by italo: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
Chukskalidon: I still maintain that catholicism is a mystery.

Perhaps because God himself is a mystery.
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
Chukskalidon:
I still maintain that catholicism is a mystery.

what is catholicism?
Re: Is There Disunity Among Christians? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
Zikkyy:

what is catholicism?
catholism is a broad term for the body of the catholic faith,its theologies and doctrines,it liturgical,ethical,spiritual and behavioral characteristics,as well as the religious people as a whole. It is the christians and churches: west,east,north,south in communion with the SANCTA SEDES(HOLY SEEE).

(1) (Reply)

Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results / Intelligent Foolishness / Christian Store Owner Commands Armed Robber To Leave In The Name Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.