Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript (7589 Views)

Obama's Victory Speech: Video & Transcript / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by TableLeg(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2012
Billyonaire: The election was not perfect, but Obama needed to be President again. And that's what it was. An appointment.
How was it not perfect?
Please i need you to explain in a concise manner with facts and not conjectures or unverified claims
If you fail to do so, then you are just another simpleton who doesn't have an iota of common sense undecided

1 Like

Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by emmabest2000(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2012
obama congrat oooooooo
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by Luckki1001(m): 11:20am On Nov 07, 2012
redcliff: I feel he did not have enough charisma to beat Obama..Americans prefer a person who got swag and less intelligent than a person who is intelligent and got less swag cos truly really, the president is just the supervisory head of the various institutions. The main decisions are made by the house.

I totally disagree with your comment, @redcliff angry. Are you insinuating that Obama is not intelligent? The fact that decisions are being made by "various institutions" doesn't mean the President is not intelligent. From what I can deduce so far throughout my watching Obama, I believe (and I know for a fact) that he is way more intelligent and too smart for Romney.

And oh, while Obama may not have "swag", he has class. Abi which would you prefer? Class or swag? I doubt you can even deduce which is higher. Meanwhile, na which day we go get president like Obama for this our obodo Nigeria sef? grin I don tire to dey see that our retardeen president, who can't even give a speech without reading from a paper. Na God go help us!
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by elampiro(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2012
Billyonaire: The election was not perfect, but Obama needed to be President again. And that's what it was. An appointment.

Can you explain this?
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by ignis: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
pappy2000: Hope our politician can see
Buhari (GCFR BH republic) should learn from this.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by Turbocharged: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Turbocharged: ROMNEY:

I have just called President Obama to congratulate him on his victory. His supporters and his campaign also deserve congratulations.
ROMNEY: His supporters and his campaign also deserve congratulations. I wish all of them well, but particularly the president, the first lady and their daughters.
(APPLAUSE)
This is a time of great challenges for America, and I pray that the president will be successful in guiding our nation.

ROMNEY: The nation, as you know, is at a critical point. At a time like this, we can’t risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the people’s work.
And we citizens also have to rise to the occasion. We look to our teachers and professors, we count on you not just to teach, but to inspire our children with a passion for learning and discovery.
We look to our pastors and priests and rabbis and counselors of all kinds to testify of the enduring principles upon which our society is built: honesty, charity, integrity and family.
We look to our parents, for in the final analysis everything depends on the success of our homes.
ROMNEY: We look to job creators of all kinds. We’re counting on you to invest, to hire, to step forward.
And we look to Democrats and Republicans in government at all levels to put the people before the politics.
I believe in America. I believe in the people of America.
(APPLAUSE)
And I ran for office because I’m concerned about America. This election is over, but our principles endure. I believe that the principles upon which this nation was founded are the only sure guide to a resurgent economy and to renewed greatness.
Like so many of you, Paul and I have left everything on the field. We have given our all to this campaign.
(APPLAUSE)
I so wish — I so wish that I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead the country in a different direction, but the nation chose another leader. And so Ann and I join with you to earnestly pray for him and for this great nation.
Thank you, and God bless America. You guys are the best. Thank you so much. Thank you. Thanks, guys.
(APPLAUSE)

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/candidates/romney/2012/11/07/text-mitt-romney-concession-speech/amwp6pQYs1dJZhSPaVFSvO/story.html
This is the part of the speech that touched me most.
Just wondering if any Nigerian politicians do/could have such mentality.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by TableLeg(m): 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
ignis:
Buhari (GCFR BH republic) should learn from this.
Why only Buhari
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by agitator: 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
metodman: The diference between America's peaceful elections and Nigeria's elections is we the masses... A lot of gullible people are ready to kill over a bag of rice or a thousand. There is poverty in America as well but people are not easily manipulated or used for violence. To Americans it is all about your policies. Democratic partys's ideologies and principles against Republicans.

Its only in Nigeria you will see hoodlums killing for someone who they have never met and will never meet. It is only in Nigeria where you see contestants not present at the debates cos 'they too busy'. It is only in Nigeria where you can contest under Acn in 2011, Pdp in 2015 and LP in 2019

Yes in America, a lot of people still vote based on sentiments but their sentiments are based on party ideologies.

Funny enough these stupid acts happen all over Africa and that says a lot about level of intelligence, mentality and backwardness

I might be wrong

1000% correct, see as Nigerians who haven't even stepped out of this country are already crying foul while the contestant had already accepted defeat.

1 Like

Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by deebrain(m): 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
pendusky: Can This makes Nigerian dalies? Hope Our leaders take corections

IF USA were Nigeria, today's headlineswill read:

· Don't celebrate yet, Romney tells
Obama (TELL magazine)
·Concede defeat, Obama urges Romney(Punch newspaper)
· 20 opposition cadres riot (TheSun newspaper)
· Romney Demands Vote Recount
(Vanguard newspaper)
· Elections rigged (Guardian
newspaper)
· No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)
· The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)
· There will be violence if we lose;
Romney declares (LTV 8 news)
· Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)
· Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)
· Romney is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)
· I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)
· McCain heads to Election Petition
Tribunal (MITV)
· White Majority rejects results (PM
News)
· Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama
Throws Lavish Party to celebrate
Election Victory (City People)
· Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)
· Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)
· Republicans and Democrats
supporters clash in Ketu and
Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll
· The people behind Obama's victory: True story uncovered... Newswatch

sMh!

Weldone Obama #TeamObama.

Very true....if it had been Nigeria
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by Duke007(m): 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
pendusky: Can This makes Nigerian dalies? Hope Our leaders take corections

IF USA were Nigeria, today's headlineswill read:

· Don't celebrate yet, Romney tells
Obama (TELL magazine)
·Concede defeat, Obama urges Romney(Punch newspaper)
· 20 opposition cadres riot (TheSun newspaper)
· Romney Demands Vote Recount
(Vanguard newspaper)
· Elections rigged (Guardian
newspaper)
· No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)
· The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)
· There will be violence if we lose;
Romney declares (LTV 8 news)
· Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)
· Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)
· Romney is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)
· I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)
· McCain heads to Election Petition
Tribunal (MITV)
· White Majority rejects results (PM
News)
· Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama
Throws Lavish Party to celebrate
Election Victory (City People)
· Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)
· Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)
· Republicans and Democrats
supporters clash in Ketu and
Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll
· The people behind Obama's victory: True story uncovered... Newswatch
Pendusky,u got me laughing aloud in d public with tears
sMh!

Weldone Obama #TeamObama.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by lawizle(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
solomonkane:

Dry, try again.

Not as dry as yur brain...

1 Like

Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by osifred(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
metodman: The diference between America's peaceful elections and Nigeria's elections is we the masses... A lot of gullible people are ready to kill over a bag of rice or a thousand. There is poverty in America as well but people are not easily manipulated or used for violence. To Americans it is all about your policies. Democratic partys's ideologies and principles against Republicans.

Its only in Nigeria you will see hoodlums killing for someone who they have never met and will never meet. It is only in Nigeria where you see contestants not present at the debates cos 'they too busy'. It is only in Nigeria where you can contest under Acn in 2011, Pdp in 2015 and LP in 2019

Yes in America, a lot of people still vote based on sentiments but their sentiments are based on party ideologies.

Funny enough these stupid acts happen all over Africa and that says a lot about level of intelligence, mentality and backwardness

I might be wrong

You are not wrong
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by metodman(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
This might sound stupid but I believe if Tribalism could first be stopped on Nairaland while people change their views and mentality and facing our common enemies then Nigeria would be better.

It is so funny how we have allowed our leaders to cause division amongst us so they can always have their ways to the Treasury. Go to the Senate and Rep, Tribalism has never and will never stop them from looting. They speak the same language which is coRrruption. Come to think of it, how many of the Igbo leaders in the Senate, Rep or in position are seeking for supporting Biafra? At least if they are doing that there wouldn't be need for someone from Uk/Usa to come advocate for Biafra in Naija but when these leaders are out of power, they change tone. How many of them kill or kidnap rivals themselves. Never heard of it!

Please let's stop the fight and hold our leaders to their promises. Until when we do that, the corrupt leaders will keep looting while you the masses (u and I) will keep fighting and killing eachother
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by chakula: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Donalð Genes: Hope Buhari is reading the speech if not someone should forward this conceeding speech to his e-mail

Why can’t you drive your post to his e-mail? Or you don’t have ability to do so. Oh I understand you cheap popularity is what you are after mr attention seeker.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by siobahn: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
Donalð Genes: Hope Buhari is reading the speech if not someone should forward this conceeding speech to his e-mail

Not just Buhari, Atiku too. Hope they'll learn a thing or 2 from this.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by chakula: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
metodman: This might sound stupid but I believe if Tribalism could first be stopped on Nairaland while people change their views and mentality and facing our common enemies then Nigeria would be better.

It is so funny how we have allowed our leaders to cause division amongst us so they can always have their ways to the Treasury. Go to the Senate and Rep, Tribalism has never and will never stop them from looting. They speak the same language which is coRrruption. Come to think of it, how many of the Igbo leaders in the Senate, Rep or in position are seeking for supporting Biafra? At least if they are doing that there wouldn't be need for someone from Uk/Usa to come advocate for Biafra in Naija but when these leaders are out of power, they change tone. How many of them kill or kidnap rivals themselves. Never heard of it!

Please let's stop the fight and hold our leaders to their promises. Until when we do that, the corrupt leaders will keep looting while you the masses (u and I) will keep fighting and killing eachother
Well said Bros, But Nobody will care to listen to you, We choose to continue suffering and at the same time fake smiling will continue appear in our faces. grin grin grin
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by DonaldGenes(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
Why didn't you preside as returning officer so it can be adjudged perfect
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by DonaldGenes(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
chakula:

Why can’t you drive your post to his e-mail? Or you don’t have ability to do so. Oh I understand you cheap popularity is what you are after mr attention seeker.

Who be this? Talk to my hand
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by 5much(m): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
mature politics in action.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by floridam(m): 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
If roomney were to be a Nigerian, he would have said he will make the country ungovernable for Obama but see mature speech. We are still crawling and one day we will get there.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by floridam(m): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
If roomney were to be a Nigerian, he would have said he will make the country ungovernable for Obama.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by adamsalman(m): 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
how can u compare american election wt dat of nigeria? Romney concession speech worth d stance, cos d creditability and trustworthiness of d election wit d aid of d personels and machineries employd waz clear to evry concernd persons. Unlike Nigeria wher aproximatly 90% of both personels &machineries ar bunch & bundles of failures,coruptn n selfishne§ of whc ther's litle or no hope of conductn such free and fair electn.

1 Like

Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by 9jagobetta: 12:15am On Nov 08, 2012
CFCfan:

How was it an arrangement?

you will also go to court if you are in his shoe, how is it an arrangement, corrupt fellow
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by Limaoscar: 12:17am On Nov 08, 2012
I feel he did not have enough charisma to beat Obama..Americans prefer a person who got swag and less intelligent than a person who is intelligent and got less swag cos truly really, the president is just the supervisory head of the various institutions. The main decisions are made by the house.

Lemme get your point really,are you suggesting that Gov Rom is more Intelligent than Barack O-bomber?
Wrong...Barack just happens to have it all ....your "swag" , intellect, Visionary leadership..etc. Will be nice for you to google both men up and do some close studies unless you're talking about Nigerian Presidency....especially in the past 20yrs
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by dgreatsammie: 10:25am On Nov 08, 2012
Who says Obama isnt Intelligent? How many of your aspirants in Nigeria has plans of what to do, let alone having strategies of executions? Obama has plans. Obama has strategies, Obama has strategic people around his cabinet. What else do you need to prove your intelligence?

The only person in Nigeria so far in the Government is Fashola. He has plans, vision, strategies and strategic people around him. To achieve the best sometimes, you have to step on toes. I knew it, the very first time i listened to his debate. You can't give what you are not in possession of, or have.
Re: Romney’s Concession Speech: Video & Transcript by pappyt(m): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2012
If na our dear country,corp?member in soup,mosque in danger,churches destructn, lif wastage,d looser president started condemin. Huuuunnnnnn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ethiopia Launches Electric Car / Protest Begins In Libya / Top 12 Most Racist Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.