Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records (10119 Views)

Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel / Four More Years!!! / Buju Banton: Five More Years In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Leadn(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2012

Obama records record breaking tweet! with over 576,850 re-tweets and 193,970 favorites!… sadly Donald ain’t happy

A tweet sent out by Barack Obama to herald his re-election as President of the United States has rapidly become the most popular of all time.

The post, which simply read “Four more years” and was accompanied by a photo of Obama embracing his wife Michelle, had already been retweeted over 350,000 times just an hour after it was posted (so far 576,850).

The same tweet had been favourited by 122,000 Twitter users, with both numbers growing exponentially.

The victory tweet surpassed the previous record held by teenage pop sensation Justin Bieber which was retweeted 223,376 times, according to The Atlantic.

Record breaking tweet it is!

Obama, whose campaign has harnessed social media extremely effectively since he became a presidential candidate in 2008, has amassed a whopping 22 million followers on Twitter.

The record-breaking proclamation of victory came towards the close of a frenetic election night on Twitter, which will likely break records for posts and activity.

However, not all of the Twitter-based news was positive. The Apprentice U.S host Donald Trump (himself, fleetingly, a republican presidential hopeful) caused a furore with a barrage of explosive tweets.

“Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us,” he tweeted from his @realDonaldTrump account, which has 1.3 million followers.

via = http://techinfomania.com/2012/11/obamas-four-more-years-breaks-twitter-records/

(please visit link for pic NL won't allow more than 200kb sad )

4 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Akshow: 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Who God be with, mortals can only try

2 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by ballabriggs: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
Four more years before China finishes the US. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
awww...nice picture.

btw, you sure Douchenald Trump doesn't smoke weed? the dude is a real pain.

1 Like

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Ignatio(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
#Classic
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by 5much(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
may God keep nd preserve Barrack Obama.D pple have spoken.D voice of d pple is d voice of God
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by redcliff: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by MeGaStReEt: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2012

Mitt Romney and Barack Obama somehow ended up at the same barber shop.

As they sat there, each being worked on by a different barber, not a word was spoken. The barbers were even afraid to start a conversation, for fear it would turn to politics.

As the barbers finished their shaves, the one who had Romney in his chair reached for the aftershave. Romney was quick to stop him saying, No thanks, my wife will smell that and think I've been in a whorehouse.'

The second barber turned to Obama and said, 'How about you sir ?' Obama replied,

'Go ahead; my wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like.'

16 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by topchef: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
So happy for the Obamas on this victory.... Wasn't unexpected !
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by begwong: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
Four more Years!

1 Like

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by CLIQBOY(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
5much: may God keep nd preserve Barrack Obama.D pple have spoken.D voice of d pple is d voice of God
after my naija xtians will say he is an anti-christ
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
ballabriggs: Four more years before China finishes the US. SMH
seeing the future already? SMH
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by genxris: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
Obama's victory is being celebrated globally just as Jhonathan's election victory in 2011...l trust him in fulfilling all his campgain promises unlike what we are having here
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
How many likes can i get here, i need to break nairaland record.

53 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by a1solution: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2012
Congratulation to Obama and his wife. God bless America, God bless the federal republic of Nigeria. Let there be peace in world.
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Opoki(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
I hope one day the electioneering procees if Nigeria will also be celebrated Worldwide. Can't believe Hyde Park and Cape town stopped Champions-league Mactch for 30sec to deliver ds news.

1 Like

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by legalwealth(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
Congrats to Obama and he has broke facebook record yesterday when he posted onto his fanpage I believe as I've never seen such a LIKE,SHARE and comments ever in my life since more than 5 years that I've on FACEBOOK.

Congrats once again...

Myself too will be celebrated one day in Jesus Name and I as well say this prayer to everyone that is here and especially those that are congratulating President Obama on his 2nd term in office...

2 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by 9jaboyzm(m): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
mek i go follow obama retweet am
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by alienware(m): 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
WHETER HE WINS OR NOT IS NONE OF MY BIZNESS.
THE GUY WHO SAID NIGERIANS ARE CORRUPT AND AT SUCH WILL NEVER COME HERE IN HIS FIRST TENURE, BUT INSTEAD WENT TO GHANA.
IF WE ARE CORRUPT AND THERE ARE REALLY THE WORLD POWER,WHY CAN'T THEY BE OF HELP ?
ALL THEY KNOW HOW TO DO IS TO INVADE A CONTRY WITH FABRICATED EVIDENCE AND STEAL MILLIONS OF BARRELS OF OILS.

1 Like

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Horus(m): 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2012

14 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by LesbianBoy(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Though this doesn't relate with the original post but just tot i should chip in this..........this man was not the "obama" we all know now. Back in the days he was a "Nobody", yet the wife married him like that! Now she dey enjoy wella.......Nigerian girls pls learn from mitchelle obama..........#okbye lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Even if he dey jingolo for outside....
The respect and manner with which he broadcasts his wife is quite impressive. It makes other women envious. Obama na nice guy.
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by prettyboi1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
ballabriggs: Four more years before China finishes the US. SMH

Absolutely true my brother. I believe so too,we may be wrong though but let's watch & see.
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by legalwealth(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nigerians and blacks in USA will be happy again

1 Like

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by legalwealth(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Imanuelle: Even if he dey jingolo for outside....
The respect and manner with which he broadcasts his wife is quite impressive. It makes other women envious. Obama na nice guy.

Na so...
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by ballabriggs: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
pretty_boi:

Absolutely true my brother. I believe so too,we may be wrong though but let's watch & see.

The truth about is that the average man in the west overtime has been fed with loads of burger and bacon that telling him to accept lesser employment terms is not just possible. But the truth is they cannot simply compete with China as things stand now.

Some will say raise tariff on Chinese imports. However, that is calling for a trade war and it might lead to a reprisal by the Chinese.

Does Obama have the balls? Can he tell these overfed people the truth? Time will tell as you have said.
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by legalwealth(m): 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
jammyng: How many likes can i get here, i need to break nairaland record.

At least i've helped you to gain one more LIKES.

Reciprocate your likes by LIKING mine as well.
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Kslib(m): 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
Haba.. How only those words "four more years" go just break twitter record just like dat.. Something is definately strange about this obama of a guy..
If you believe there is something strange about obama,hit the LIKE button... I just want to clear this doubt once and for all.. Let's go...
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by Kslib(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
Now if you believe there is nothing strange about obama,then click LIKE button.. I just want us to settle this anti-christ issue...
Lets go!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by virgo(f): 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2012
Horus:

grin grin grin
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by megareal: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
Obama winning is the best news I've had in days.
Re: Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records by collins123(m): 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
[size=18pt]When did counting twitter re tweets became celebrated records?

All na noise. Twitta Garbage.

Me too don tweet ma own, oya I need more RTs

Joblessness in the highest altitude.[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions / US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States / African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.