Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions (10125 Views)

South Africa High Court Rejects Zuma’s Bid To Delay Sentence / Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by nigeriapenmedia: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2019

The Acting Director of the Office of Management and Budget Russell T. Vought sent an Official letter to VP Mike Pence and members of Congress requesting a delay in the implementation of the forthcoming Huawei restriction.

The Letter was Sent on June 4 and since obtained by The Wall Street Journal, the letter asks for delay in certain key parts of the Trump-signed National Defense Authorization Act that has caused the smartphone maker to be barred from doing business in the U.S.

“While the Administration recognizes the importance of these prohibitions to national security,” Vought writes, “a number of agencies have heard significant concerns from a wide range of potentially impacted stakeholders who would be affected.”

The U.S. has long contended that the source of its issues with the smartphone and telecom hardware giant has ties to the Chinese government that present security risks for the U.S. Huawei, meanwhile, has chalked up the competition to political and anticompetitive practices.

Treasury secretary Steve Mnuchin, meanwhile, sent some mixed signals about the situation in a recent Reuters interview.

“I think what the president is saying is, if we move forward on trade, that perhaps he’ll be willing to do certain things on Huawei if he gets comfort from China on that and certain guarantees,” he told the outlet. “But these are national security issues.”

If implemented, the delay would certainly work in Huawei’s favor as the company looks to alternatives to U.S. and U.S.-tied component and software providers.

READ MORE HERE: http://topmag.pw/2019/06/10/white-house-budget-chief-officially-looks-to-delay-huawei-restrictions/

1 Share

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by nigeriapenmedia: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2019

1 Share

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Exempted: 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
At the end, Huawei will come out stronger.....
The tussle is too much

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Oladelepsy001(m): 2:31am On Jun 12, 2019
Huawei will definitely scale through the hurdles....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by lilianofentse(f): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Danger lurks ahead for google.
Shame on the US

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by apesinola001: 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
angry
Tough time never last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Ivimilly: 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Spits on feminists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by dante0147: 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Clip Their Wings! China are just thieves!
Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Ayoefa: 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
TRAMP go chicken out at the end of the day.

5 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by bigdot1759(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
US is only making Huawei more stronger dan b4

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
This is what I keep saying, Trump always think everything can be done by Americans only and sometimes he takes decision without thinking through it. That was how he was trying to evict international students without knowing that they carry out the major research in US universities and the core American most times prefer course or project options.

Trump will lift the sanction soon and start telling his base that he got a better deal, that’s what he just did with the tariff imposed on Mexico goods.

This will deal a fatal blow on the military and even private institutions because they have to start looking for alternative to Huawei technologies and this can be tough to achieve Caz they gotta go through a lot of change process.

For sure, Huawei will feel the heat of the sanction and their market will slow down for a bit, but trust me they will bounce back.

Let’s take a case of the Africa market for example, I can remember that Techno N3 was part of the devices that killed blackberry in Nigeria, that was when Android was able to install BBM, and a lot of people started shifting towards techno which eventually killed the market of blackberry and even started competing with Samsung at some point.

China may not be innovators, but they are crazy competitors, people keep saying OS that competes with android will die, but the Chinese competitions is always different, those guys are crazy.

America market strategy is mostly innovation, but Chinese believe in process improvement which to me is part of the growth of Chinese manufacturers.

Just like Napoleon said “China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move the world”

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Debroslink: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
nigeriapenmedia:

“I think what the president is saying is, if we move forward on trade, that perhaps he’ll be willing to do certain things on Huawei if he gets comfort from China on that and certain guarantees,” he told the outlet. “But these are national security issues.”

If implemented, the delay would certainly work in Huawei’s favor as the company looks to alternatives to U.S. and U.S.-tied component and software providers.

Even the US government knows this undiluted truth... That they are not the sole proprietor of the world.

20 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
lilianofentse:
Danger lurks ahead for google.

And how did you sit at home and come up. With this ?
Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by lilianofentse(f): 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
Saltybear:

And how did you sit at home and come up. With this ?
financial times. This was like a rumor but now it has been confirmed. Or why else do they want to delay it..
Use your head

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by NameChecker: 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
I can see the downfall of i-Phone
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by haykay2005: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
The fear of Huawei is the beginning of wisdom

6 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
lilianofentse:
financial times. This was like a rumor but now it has confirmed. Or whoy else do they want to delay it

Firstly the whole Google is in danger rumor was spread by the same company to look non partisan so it doesn't look like they backed the USA government or that they didn't suffer from this

But as an adult do some. Research and look at it deeply .Google will not suffer in any way from this man on Huawei

China is a large Android market yes but even then most Chinese phones have their own spoofed andriod version , it's never stock os

To say this would affect Google is a rumor spread by uninformed people

3 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by davidinterior: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ok
Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Cletus77(m): 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2019
This man knows the cons and pros of the technology market.

I suggest Trump should heed to this advise else if Huawei wins this war everyone will turn around to blame him... including Google

2 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by lilianofentse(f): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
Saltybear:

Firstly the whole Google is in danger rumor was spread by the same company to look non partisan so it doesn't look like they backed the USA government or that they didn't suffer from this

But as an adult do some. Research and look at it deeply .Google will not suffer in any way from this man on Huawei

China is a large Android market yes but even then most Chinese phones have their own spoofed andriod version , it's never stock os

To say this would affect Google is a rumor spread by uninformed people
that's your own opinion stick with it. What my eyes have seen cannot be unseen

4 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by marvin906(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
na iPhone I just dey pity Sha..
those niggas are sitting ducks..
I don't really know how this will end buh what am sure of is this is gonna bite the US hard one way or the other

5 Likes

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
lilianofentse:
that's your own opinion stick with it. What my eyes have seen cannot be unseen

Do tell, what have those eyes seen?
Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by afroniger: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
lilianofentse:
financial times. This was like a rumor but now it has confirmed. Or why else do they want to delay it..
Use your head

Why not post the full news report here on NL for the doubting Thomases.
Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
nigeriapenmedia:

READ MORE HERE: http://topmag.pw/2019/06/10/white-house-budget-chief-officially-looks-to-delay-huawei-restrictions/

I will sit with a glass of wine and watch the foolish Trump make a big fool of himself once again. America now has a typical third world president. They now can feel what we feel. grin grin
By the way, we are waiting for Mexico to pay for the wall. grin grin grin Stoopid man!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by jumper524(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
anything against U.S, I'm in support..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by lilianofentse(f): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2019
afroniger:

Why not post the full news report here on NL for the doubting Thomases.
Why not post the full news report here on NL for the doubting Thomases
Re: White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions by tolexy007(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2019
at last na Huawei go suffer last last. all this dey are doing are just initial gra gra, just giv dem few months by time dey release another fone series and nobody look their market, what happen to Zte will surely happen to dem... well let dem struggle first. as for me I will rather let's American Goggle or android have my privacy than a communist country like China....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States / The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! / African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.