Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? (5274 Views)

Poll: car or shelter

car: 13% (4 votes)
shelter: 86% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple / In Need Of A Househelp Agency(or House Help) / House Boy Or House Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by olunifemi(f): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2006
my friend has a car  but he doesnt hv an apartment of his own.instead he squats with his cousin, who is also squatting a friend of his ,in a single room.i then asked myself must he buy that car when he knew he has no where 2 stay except 2 squat with 2 other guys in a single room?wht if his cousin asks him 2 leave his own apartmt?
it happens.guys do it 2 entice girls(i think) and they'll end up not taking those girls 2 where they stay.
but must u use a car when u don't hv where 2 hide your head at d end of a day job?
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Bright2(m): 10:06pm On Apr 19, 2006
My dear olunifemi,4me i prefer house first unless it's 4 tranportation will car come first .It will look stupid if he bought it just 2 entice girls without having a place of his own as accomodation.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by eveseh(f): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2006
men
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by olunifemi(f): 12:31pm On May 16, 2006
eveseh:

men
yeah men!
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by mukina2: 12:33pm On May 16, 2006
MeN
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by kimba(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2006
all of you that are saying men, men, men,

what did they do? dont you still love them, whether hes squatting or not, as it you still "get enticed" with all our tactics, as olunifemi explained, abi
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by okewole(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2006
every responsible man--mean real responsible man need cover over his head--am not talking of building a house b4 buying a car but renting an apartment well funished.for me if not for the cost of building a house to that of buying a car,i would ve prefer a house b4 a car
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by olunifemi(f): 8:30pm On May 18, 2006
okewole:

every responsible man--mean real responsible man need cover over his head--am not talking of building a house before buying a car but renting an apartment well funished.for me if not for the cost of building a house to that of buying a car,i would ve prefer a house before a car
tru talk my br
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by olunifemi(f): 2:42pm On May 23, 2006
smiley
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Oracle(m): 2:40am On Aug 04, 2006
I believe there's nothing as good as having a place of your own where you can lay your head, a place you can always call your own, where no landlord would stress you.
you can always get a car anytime, you could even get it as a gift
a house is more important and should come first. and a car could get an accident anytime too

Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Jachoz(m): 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2006
Anyone which the opportunity knocks first cool
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by olunifemi(f): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2006
Oracle:

I believe there's nothing as good as having a place of your own where you can lay your head, a place you can always call your own, where no landlord would stress you.
a house is more important and should come first. and a car could get an accident anytime too

not every man could think like dt
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by olunifemi(f): 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2007
not every man
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by benit(f): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2007
A house
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by florishn(f): 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2007
for me l prefer house to car
nikky baby
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by iyken(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2007
florishn:

for me l prefer house to car
nikky baby
benit:

A house
Ladies, you're missing the point. The thread is asking what your choice would've been,if you were in the shoes of a guy who was squatting in his friends house and went along to buy a car while still squatting.

So a car as squatter or Renting an apartment? Hope its clearer now.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by ladydibia(f): 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2007
Olunifemi, na wa. wetin person go take "mob" do when he hasn't got a shelter?. Unless the ignorant, the first choice is a "bunk" To me, I am down with a house.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Beline(f): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2007
A house first car can come in later but first you need a place to rest and plan for the future
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by efuah(f): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2007
Oracle:

a clap offering for u. kiss
a house of course!
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:52am On Jun 26, 2007
@topic
there is nothing as having your own roof over your head, also going out to a place and knowing that your going back to your own place, damn the car ohh. tongue
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Ndipe(m): 6:43am On Jun 26, 2007
Shelter before a ride. As the adage goes, a man's house, (not Lamborghini) is his castle.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by MP007(m): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2007
in nigeria HOUSE
in america - CAR,
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Ndipe(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2007
Car before house in Yankee? Says who@mp007. I'd think the opposite is the case that you just summed up. In America, housing is sort of on the luxury side, hence the hordes of homeless people, back home, shelter is not that much of a problem, if you live in a city, so you can save up and buy a car. But either way, shelter takes priority, whether in yankee or naija.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Bossman(m): 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2007
MP007, it's definitely the opposite! Home ownership is the ultimate american dream. Not only does it make a lot of other things easier, you are also building wealth in the process. Generally, a home will always go up in value. A car depreciates as soon as you drive it off the dealership. Having said that, it's true that you see a lot of people (Mostly low income) that are driving the best car in town, but do not have a place to call their own home.

The general consensus is that wealth bulding starts with home ownership. And, most people on this end that own a home will agree with that statement.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Rocco: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2007
a car first 4now.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by tayo4me(f): 5:16am On Jun 30, 2007
i feel it's easier to get a car than a house. if one can afford to rent a house, why not do so, then u can buy a car. hardwork will provide your own house. i'll rather have a car before a house, unless i have the money to acquire both at the same time!!! grin grin
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Ndipe(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2007
For those who pick a ride over shelter, I should ask, "Where will you spend the night after a long day"?
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2007
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by PTBNaija(f): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2007
House definitely! When you buy a house, at least it's appreciating in value. The second you drive a car out of the lot, its price goes down quite a bit.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by Ndipe(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2007
Irrespective of the worth of a house down the road, and me, being a Nigeria, I am inclined to view an abode as a permanent place to live, instead of reaping profits from it, my question is "Where will you spend the night, after a long day at work"? In your car? What if you had a family? I would pick a house, anytime over a house.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by mekoyo(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2007
There's nothing like having a place you can call your home. A roof under head. Getting a house first is the best option.

I'll prefer to get my house before getting a car except its an official car.
Re: Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First? by donjon: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2009
A house

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to Sew your cloths / Have Youever Cried When Watching Amovie? / Who Pays The Bills????? Now That Rent Is Near, that is all we hear...�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.