Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From (5412 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Lacrissa: 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2011
Please need opinions. I am in my early, early 20's and do have sooooo many suitors either proclaiming their love for me or wanting to settle down but the problem is I have not seen anyone that has captured my heart soo bad and some of them are actually good. I am scared I would regret it as i know I would not be young forever but at the same time, none of the many, many suitors yet have moved me to think of marriage. What do I do? If I don;t pick now, would I regret it later on or am I just being picky?

Thanks for your opinions
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by r231(m): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2011
you have time. . . . . dont worry
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Lacrissa: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
r231:

you have time. . . . . dont worry

Hopefully it won't continue like this till i reach mid 20's then late 20's and it continues cheesy
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Odunnu: 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2011
Are they real suitors or just regular guys who'd just want a relationshp for the fun of it?
I'l advice that you be nice but firm to every one of them and maybe start something with one who you thnk you can cope with. With time everythng wil unfold itself
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by ifyalways(f): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2011
Life and love ain't fair at all.

Some of us are actually looking for 1,just 1 serious suitor and here u are spoilt for choice.  cheesy

Main questions are :Are u remotely ready for marriage?.

Are those men really interested in marriage or they just want a piece of ur pie?
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by agabaI23(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2011
Lacrissa:

Please need opinions. I am in my early, early 20's and do have sooooo many suitors either proclaiming their love for me or wanting to settle down but the problem is I have not seen anyone that has captured my heart soo bad and some of them are actually good. I am scared I would regret it as i know I would not be young forever but at the same time, none of the many, many suitors yet have moved me to think of marriage. What do I do? If I don;t pick now, would I regret it later on or am I just being picky?

Thanks for your opinions
I guess you are about 21 or 22. At this age people who will be coming your way may be much older than you are and you will be like this guys are not it for you. For instance they won't be be wearing their trousers down their asses which is the in thing. Those at your age bracket, won't be thinking about marriage very soon and if they come your way, they are just coming for the goodies and if you are lucky one may stick with you happily ever after.
It may be difficult for you to get attracted to them for marriage unless you get close.
Finally at this age women tend to be more superficial than real!
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Odunnu: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2011
I didnt vote for Extremism, I didnt vote Buhari.
The elections are over, now change the siggy and stop following ifyalways around
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2011
^^^ Lol grin grin grin
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by agabaI23(m): 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2011
Odunnu:

I didnt vote for Extremism, I didnt vote Buhari.
The elections are over, now change the siggy and stop following ifyalways around
you just noticed me odunnu?

I am not following her. Her post was not there when I started mine grin
I would actually start following you since I am not following ifyalways.

I think you are the twitter!
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Odunnu: 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2011
You only read the twitter part abi?
Biko, change ur siggy!
@Uju: nne kedu?quite a while. I dikwa mma? A na emekwa?
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by agabaI23(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
Odunnu:

Biko, change your siggy!
Left it there for a purpose grin
E dey bite you? E be like say you don fall in love with Buhari. Watch your neck, ma I na-emekwa love nwantiti
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Odunnu: 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
Fall in love with onye? Chukwu ekwekwala!
Why now?why do you wish me so much evil? Biko gbupu asu mmiri, biko!
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 28, 2011
Odunnu:

Biko, change your siggy!

Nnw a di'm mma oh! Just lazying around! cool

Kee ka isi akwado aga'm akwuo gi? O na' aga kwa ofuma?
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Odunnu: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2011
Choi! Uju, train a rapu go kwa gi!
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by r231(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2011
English pls lol grin grin

Ujujoan:

^^^ Lol grin grin grin

madam how u dey
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
Odunnu:

Choi! Uju, train a rapu go kwa gi!

ezi okwu? Ome go?

Aka'm na akwado kwe ego nga eji go aso ebi oh! cheesy

r231:

English pls lol grin grin

madam how u dey

Am ok honey . . kiss kiss
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by agabaI23(m): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
Odunnu:

Fall in love with onye? Chukwu ekwekwala!
Why now?why do you wish me so much evil? Biko gbupu asu mmiri, biko!
kedukwanu nke i na-enyere onwe gi nsogbu na-enweghi isi.

Rapu ya maka ndi osukosu nwamkpi ga-asugbu.

O buru maka gi amara m na chukwu agaghi ekwe ka ngwere gbaa aji.

Uju na-aju maka agbam akwukwo O bughi maka agam akwukwo.
Igbo o na-ede na-apu anwuru grin
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2011
agabaI23:

kedukwanu nke i na-enyere onwe gi nsogbu na-enweghi isi.

Rapu ya maka ndi osukosu nwamkpi ga-asugbu.

O buru maka gi amara m na chukwu agaghi ekwe ka ngwere gbaa aji.

Uju na-aju maka agbam akwukwo O bughi maka agam akwukwo.
Igbo o na-ede na-apu anwuru grin

Lol grin grin

Jee nodu ani . . . kedu ife gbasara gi?
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by agabaI23(m): 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
Ujujoan:

Lol  grin  grin

Jee nodu ani . . . kedu ife gbasara gi?

Ndo nne kama a choro m ikwuputa na i ji iwe ede igbo gi.

I na-asu mma grin
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
^^^ Ehen kita ka i bia ra! cool cool cheesy
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Blazay(m): 5:36pm On Apr 28, 2011
Na your level be dat. grin
The question is "when did I NOT"?
The girls in my family sell like hot-cakes please.
Ask around. wink
I wish I could show you my proposal list even as a married woman.  wink

Please need opinions. I am in my early, early 20's and do have sooooo many suitors either proclaiming their love for me or wanting to settle down but the problem is I have not seen anyone that has captured my heart soo bad and some of them are actually good.

Had the same feeling till my mom sat me down and told me to 'just pick one'. . . thank God I did. The best one too. He stayed. You berra do the same honey. Women make men into what they want them to be. The only trick is that. . .YOU HAVE TO MARRY THE MAN FIRST. . . .!!! cry
Your work starts 'AFTER' marriage, not BEFORE. Don't let Facebook and Yahoo Messenger fool you darling. kiss
Na fiiim trick be all those 'toasters'! Marriage is NOT courtship.

I am scared I would regret it as i know I would not be young forever but at the same time, none of the many, many suitors yet have moved me to think of marriage. What do I do? If I don;t pick now, would I regret it later on or am I just being picky?

For sure! The more choices. . . the more confusion. . .the more regret. You are in your 20s. . .do not wait till 30 my dear. Too many broken relationships(even platonic) before marriage makes one emotionally frigid or hyper-elastic and with no happy medium. You are like a ship without a sail or an anchor, a plane without a pilot, a sheep without a sherperd.  JUST DRIFTING. Get you ONE steady hand please-then fashi the rest. kiss

Please, learn to become a goddess without a religion. Mwaaaaaaah! cool

Your self-esteem will be in the toilet after so many dumping sessions from you or the other party. Every failure in any relationship becomesTHE prospective cumulative hazard. TOOOOOO MANY TO REMEMBER, then to COMPARE AND CONTRAST. . . . The reason MOST people CANNOT stay in marriages these days. Too many greener pastures the mind tells you would have been this and that. . . while forgetting you need to work on your own marriage to make it what YOU WANT. kiss

GET MARRIED NOW. . . you are being tooo picky! The one you want 'WILL NOT' want you. kiss
Make your man what you want him to be. They do not come 'ready-made'.
I made mine. cool

Bottom line: ALWAYS GO FOR THE MAN THAT LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU LOVE HIM. He is more stable than you are. . . while you play catch up. He will be there for you always. cool
But if you love a man more than HE LOVES YOU. . . na you go chop the shyyte. cheesy
Soooooooooooo, choose wan!
To be the knife or to be the yam. . . I say choose wan.

Mu he he he he he he

Thanks for your opinions.

You are welcome sweerie. Please, don't die a  NL young or old cargo ooh! It will pain me too much.grin
Mwaaaah!!! kiss
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Odunnu: 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
Lol
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Outstrip(f): 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
With this mentality you might marry the first man you wake up and see on the day you turn 29
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Nekai(f): 6:23pm On Apr 28, 2011
Blazay:

Na your level be dat. grin
The question is "when did I NOT"?
The girls in my family sell like hot-cakes please.
Ask around. wink
I wish I could show you my proposal list even as a married woman.  wink

Had the same feeling till my mom sat me down and told me to 'just pick one'. . . thank God I did. The best one too. He stayed. You berra do the same honey. Women make men into what they want them to be. The only trick is that. . .YOU HAVE TO MARRY THE MAN FIRST. . . .!!! cry
Your work starts 'AFTER' marriage, not BEFORE. Don't let Facebook and Yahoo Messenger fool you darling. kiss
Na fiiim trick be all those 'toasters'!

For sure! The more choices. . . the more confusion. . .the more regret. You are in your 20s. . .do not wait till 30 my dear. Too many broken relationship before marriage makes one emotionally frigid or hyper-elastic and with no happy medium. Your self-esteem will be in the toilet after so many dumping sessions from you or the other party. Every failure in any relationship becomes a prospective cumulative hazard. TTOO MANY TO REMEMBER AND COMPARE AND CONTRAST. . . . The reason MOST people CANNOT stay in marriages these days. Too many greener pastures the mind tells you would have been this and that. . . while forgetting you need to work on your own marriage to make it what YOU WANT. kiss

GET MARRIED NOW. . . you are being tooo picky! The one you want 'WILL NOT' want you. kiss
Make your man what you want him to be. They do not come 'ready-made'.
I made mine. cool

Bottom line: ALWAYS GO FOR THE MAN THAT LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU LOVE HIM. He is more stable than you are. . . while you play catch up. He will be there for you always. cool
But if you love a man more than HE LOVES YOU. . . na you go chop the shyyte. cheesy
Soooooooooooo, choose wan!
To be the knife or to be the yam. . . I say choose wan.

Mu he he he he he he

You are welcome sweerie. cool

AJ to the rescue!  cheesy
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Busybody2(f): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2011
Like someone mentioned, the people approaching you to settle down would be slightly older than you, not your mates who would still be too busy playing the field or sowing their wild oats. It is for you to know the standard you want and the compromises you are willing to accept.

The crux of the matter is that if you intend to marry a Nigerian dude, age matters a lot to them so the number of guys approaching to ask your hand in marriage starts to dwindle the closer you get in age to the late 20's and beyond. Time flies so fast that before you know it, you'd be 26 plus, and guys, on learning your age - unless they are desperate- would hesitate to take the date/relationship further, for fear that you would start bugging them 6 months down the line for marriage,
hence reason they go after younger girls whom marriage is the last thing on their mind.

You are the only one who knows what you truly want in a relationship so it will be hard to advise you to wait or leap in head first, especially if you are the type of person being loved and loving the one you are with, matters to. Of course if deep down you only want to get married for any other reason, please dive right in before some trifling jezebels pip you to the post.
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by tpia5: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
I think there was a thread like this before.

Anyway @ poster

cant really relate since i can count the number of my suitors on one hand.
I was always too bookish- not the life of the party at all.
So, its up to you.
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Busybody2(f): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2011
Not the life but the mouth ehn Tpia, jagunlabi herself, eni ko o mo, eni mo o ko, obinrin meta herself, lol.
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by Nekai(f): 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
I think you have many years left before you have to start worrying about gettung married. Don't let pressure cause you to make a bad decision. However, don't sit around waiting for "looooove" to sweep you off your feet. Love is not a pitter patter feeling, it's a choice you make when you get to know the ins and outs of a person.

From your suitors choose someone that has the qualities you want and see where it leads. You may find out that it doesn't work out, but you can bounce back and try again. If you use this feeling of "looove" to make a decision on who to date then you will find it harder to leave the wrong person and end up wasting you time.

Many women who are still single in their late 30s or 40s wasted precious time with unserious guys. This "love" feeling can come even if the person is on death row for murder. Some women stay with monsters all for the sake of "love".
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by mojounited(m): 10:34pm On Apr 28, 2011
Hmm! Women are allowed to have many suitors and eventually choose one to settle down with alas, the same act/practice is frowned upon when it comes to men. . . undecided
The world is truly a Geoid!
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by tpia5: 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2011
Busybody i know no wetin you dey talk there oh.

The lady said her living room no fit contain her number of suitors.

How can she know which one to choose out of this multitude.

I'm totally stumped here.
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by obowunmi(m): 3:48am On Apr 29, 2011
@ OP before you confuse your self anymore, write down a list of qualities that you value in a man -- that will help you a lot and may reduce your confusion.
Re: For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From by maclatunji: 10:51am On Apr 29, 2011
obowunmi:

@ OP before you confuse your self anymore, write down a list of qualities that you value in a man -- that will help you a lot and may reduce your confusion.

True! Think with your head and not your heart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. / How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? / Can A Woman Actually Beat Up Her Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.