Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala (14852 Views)

Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari / Dino Melaye Is Operating A Foreign Bank Account - Sahara Reporters / Dino Melaye Is A Potential HIV Carrier, He Gave Me Syphilis- Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by Noraokon: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2012
he should be nominated as best performing actor of the year.why is he yet to occupy the House of reps over Lawan?Otedola's case,or is it not necessary?. he was busy ranting yesterday without saying anything about indicted oil marketers cos they sponsored him.
Idokojimmy: When it is alleged that Dino's protests are nollywood scripts sponsored by indicted oil magnate, I just go back to bed, weeping like Ribadu. It is now clear what Dino uses proceeds from these protests for. Perhaps to give the likes of Lola Alao N10million for launch. Buying BB and changing Bisi Ibidapo's wardrobe and settling his other lovepeddlers in his payroll. This man is a monumental fraud.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by Remii(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2012
luvinhubby: Nigerians have very short & confused memory, was it not this same Dino Melaye who solidly stood behind that thieving Patricia Ette in the N635million house scandal that is now an anti corruption crusader, ....
Nigerians!!!!

No, Dino was a member of integrity group led by Farouk that got the lady out of seat
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by TBD(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2012
Who should we believe dino or ngozi?
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by ijigbamigb(m): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2012
debrief08:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TalkNigeria/message/44361
A 59-year-old Nigerian neurosurgeon at Providence Hospital, Dr. Ikemba Iweala, husband of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has confessed that he started an affair with a 20-something year old nurse who hailed from his native country. But what happened next, authorities say, made him a hapless victim of a scam that has been pulled in Nigerian communities around the world.

The nurse and a mysterious partner began demanding that the doctor turn over large sums of money — overtime, a total of $180,000 — to keep the affair a secret from the doctor’s wife, a prominent World Bank official and Brookings Institution scholar. They said they had pictures of him and the nurse during assignations in a car.

The doctor paid up, but his wife found out anyway, according to court papers filed in the case, and now the whole sorry mess is being painfully replayed at the federal courthouse in Washington, where the nurse is on trial on extortion charges.

The embarrassed doctor told the jury that his stupidity sullied his and his family’s reputation and seriously wounded his marriage.

“Things will never be the same,” a frail-looking, gray-bearded Ikemba Iweala said with a sigh as he testified on November 2. “I am still married. . . . But I feel very angry at myself. And, I have lost a lot of money.”

Iweala hoped to conceal the affair and protect his community standing in the United States and in Nigeria, he acknowledged to prosecutors. Other members of his family, based in the cozy suburb of Potomac and with high profiles in their own fields, had much at stake as well.
His wife, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is a former foreign and finance minister for Nigeria and a veteran employee of the World Bank. She is a Harvard-educated economist and was mentioned as a possible successor to Paul D. Wolfowitz, who resigned as president in June. This month, the new World Bank president, Robert B. Zoellick, made her one of his top deputies.

Uzodinma Iweala, the couple’s son, who graduated from St. Albans and Harvard, is the author of the critically acclaimed “Beasts of No Nation,” his first novel. The fictionalized story of an African child warrior was released last year.

The doctor’s paramour, Queen Nwoye, 28, on trial before U.S. District Judge Ellen S. Huvelle, insisted that she, too, was a victim.

Testifying in her own defense, she admitted yesterday that she helped collect the money and helped her boyfriend, Adriane Osuagwu, pretend to be her cousin so he could conceal his identity. But with a sullen face and insistent cries, Nwoye testified that she was powerless to resist the orders of Osuagwu, whom she described as a physically abusive, controlling man and the scheme’s mastermind.

“This is a sad case,” Nwoye’s attorney, John Iweanoge, told jurors in opening statements earlier in the week. “You’re going to hear evidence of adultery, no question. You’re going to hear about money going into Ms. Nwoye’s accounts.”

But, the defense attorney continued, “Ms. Nwoye was a victim too, She made the mistake of her life falling in love in the middle of a divorce with the wrong man.”

According to court papers, the story began in early 2002 when Nwoye, then a nurse in training, noticed the doctor’s name in a hospital directory. She said she recognized Iweala as a fellow Nigerian and introduced herself. They became friends, and, in September 2002, they became lovers. The sexual relationship ended in August 2003, they both said, but their

friendship continued.
Nearly three years later, in February 2006, Iweala testified, he received a surprise call from Nwoye. She told Iweala that he must call her cousin “Ufondu” in Georgia. It was then that “Ufondu,” an alias that the nurse’s new boyfriend was using, demanded that the doctor pay $20,000 or he would tell Iweala’s wife about the affair.

Culled from Washington Post.

Wow.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by Thermythorpe(f): 9:29am On Nov 08, 2012
Who/wetin be dis Dino sef?.. Person,Animal,Place or Thing?. [color=#990000]
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by optimistD(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2012
234GT: But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's husband, a medical doctor in the US, was involved in a horrible sex scandal with a nurse. Make she face her husband joor!
what has got to do with this? Distractor!
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by usmanyaro17: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2012
Is there any fraud more than impregnating a lady and denying it...the problem is that we are giving this Dino too much attention he comes out and says rubbish with a lot of media hype,Dino is just a noise maker who cooks lies and shamelessly vomit it out,is only a shallow minded person will take Dino Melaye serious.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by PosCaricature: 9:52am On Nov 08, 2012
234GT: But Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's husband, a medical doctor in the US, was involved in a horrible sex scandal with a nurse. Make she face her husband joor!
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by PosCaricature: 9:52am On Nov 08, 2012
Blocked Head! Must you comment?
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by luc26(f): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2012
PluesssSss dis politicans shud go drown demslves in d atlantic cs seriously we dnt gve a damn
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by fm7070: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2012
Dino is just a senseless noisemaker
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by henrysam(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2012
What brought about the digression now. If you cannot contribute meaning fully to the post can't you shut up your trap. What concerns Okonjo husband on this matter. Talking like you are a saint but saints are in heaven
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by getukudo(m): 10:38am On Nov 08, 2012
Smh...Nigerians una never change! You all just can't wait to comment on everything posted here. I bet nobody here has even done thorough findings about this said report. Solve your own problems first before trying to see Iweala and Dino's problem. *Off_To_My_Community_Devt_Meeting*
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by henrysam(m): 10:39am On Nov 08, 2012
debrief08:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TalkNigeria/message/44361
A 59-year-old Nigerian neurosurgeon at Providence Hospital, Dr. Ikemba Iweala, husband of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has confessed that he started an affair with a 20-something year old nurse who hailed from his native country. But what happened next, authorities say, made him a hapless victim of a scam that has been pulled in Nigerian communities around the world.

The nurse and a mysterious partner began demanding that the doctor turn over large sums of money — overtime, a total of $180,000 — to keep the affair a secret from the doctor’s wife, a prominent World Bank official and Brookings Institution scholar. They said they had pictures of him and the nurse during assignations in a car.

The doctor paid up, but his wife found out anyway, according to court papers filed in the case, and now the whole sorry mess is being painfully replayed at the federal courthouse in Washington, where the nurse is on trial on extortion charges.

The embarrassed doctor told the jury that his stupidity sullied his and his family’s reputation and seriously wounded his marriage.

“Things will never be the same,” a frail-looking, gray-bearded Ikemba Iweala said with a sigh as he testified on November 2. “I am still married. . . . But I feel very angry at myself. And, I have lost a lot of money.”

Iweala hoped to conceal the affair and protect his community standing in the United States and in Nigeria, he acknowledged to prosecutors. Other members of his family, based in the cozy suburb of Potomac and with high profiles in their own fields, had much at stake as well.
His wife, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is a former foreign and finance minister for Nigeria and a veteran employee of the World Bank. She is a Harvard-educated economist and was mentioned as a possible successor to Paul D. Wolfowitz, who resigned as president in June. This month, the new World Bank president, Robert B. Zoellick, made her one of his top deputies.

Uzodinma Iweala, the couple’s son, who graduated from St. Albans and Harvard, is the author of the critically acclaimed “Beasts of No Nation,” his first novel. The fictionalized story of an African child warrior was released last year.

The doctor’s paramour, Queen Nwoye, 28, on trial before U.S. District Judge Ellen S. Huvelle, insisted that she, too, was a victim.

Testifying in her own defense, she admitted yesterday that she helped collect the money and helped her boyfriend, Adriane Osuagwu, pretend to be her cousin so he could conceal his identity. But with a sullen face and insistent cries, Nwoye testified that she was powerless to resist the orders of Osuagwu, whom she described as a physically abusive, controlling man and the scheme’s mastermind.

“This is a sad case,” Nwoye’s attorney, John Iweanoge, told jurors in opening statements earlier in the week. “You’re going to hear evidence of adultery, no question. You’re going to hear about money going into Ms. Nwoye’s accounts.”

But, the defense attorney continued, “Ms. Nwoye was a victim too, She made the mistake of her life falling in love in the middle of a divorce with the wrong man.”

According to court papers, the story began in early 2002 when Nwoye, then a nurse in training, noticed the doctor’s name in a hospital directory. She said she recognized Iweala as a fellow Nigerian and introduced herself. They became friends, and, in September 2002, they became lovers. The sexual relationship ended in August 2003, they both said, but their

friendship continued.
Nearly three years later, in February 2006, Iweala testified, he received a surprise call from Nwoye. She told Iweala that he must call her cousin “Ufondu” in Georgia. It was then that “Ufondu,” an alias that the nurse’s new boyfriend was using, demanded that the doctor pay $20,000 or he would tell Iweala’s wife about the affair.

Culled from Washington Post.
What is the relationship of this post to the topic that is being discussed?
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by ifebosco: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2012
please if anybody here on nairaland is close to okonjo,tell her to stay far from (pdp),this people can turn her reputation to zero.she should think out of pdp
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by luvinhubby(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2012
Remii:

No, Dino was a member of integrity group led by Farouk that got the lady out of seat
Crosscheck u'r facts, Farouk & Abike were members of intergrity group & not Dino.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by odedele: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2012
From comments read so far,i have come to conclude that Nigerians have a long way to go in terms of suffering,we must have lost something in our head.Melaye and his group are asking a very simple question who owns Pinnacle? instead of addressing issues you are labeling them agent of oil marketers,the question i will ask d above commentators is can she react this way if she were to be working in the world Bank?.Nigerians will always allow themselves to be destroyed by sentiments..LETS ATTACK D MESSAGE, NOT D MESSENGER.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by luvinhubby(m): 11:38am On Nov 08, 2012
chucky234: Dino Melaye might not be a credible figure but his stance on Patricia Etteh was credible and commendabe becaue it was confirmed sometime last year that Patricia Etteh was framed up by Lawan Farouk and had Demije Bankole installed.
The same house Patrica wanted to renovate for N40m was renovated by Dimeji Bankole for N400m then later sold it to himself for N100m,house of reps cleared Patricia Etteh last year after discovering the truth,she never stole money from the house and I watched the

sitting of the house live on NTA.

You can nail Dino Melaye here but not Patricia,you should always get your facts right before ranting.
Since you are not aware of Patricia being cleared by the House I have been able to dug out some links where you can read it.
www.m.allafrica.com/stories/201106030320.html/

www.ynaija.com/patricia-etteh-innocent-after-proven-guilty/
I wonder who is ranting b/w me & you, Dino's group refused that Ette shud step aside and allow an unbiased investigation into the matter till she was threatened with impeachment, moreover that crooked" house of thefts" has a way of clearing it's indicted members at the end of every legislative term to preserve their political carreer and if it wad found out that Ette was framed by Farouk Lawan, why did she not press criminal charges ?
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by luvinhubby(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2012
odedele: From comments read so far,i have come to conclude that Nigerians have a long way to go in terms of suffering,we must have lost something in our head.Melaye and his group are asking a very simple question who owns Pinnacle? instead of addressing issues you are labeling them agent of oil marketers,the question i will ask d above commentators is can she react this way if she were to be working in the world Bank?.Nigerians will always allow themselve
s to be destroyed by sentiments..LETS ATTACK
D MESSAGE, NOT D MESSENGER.
The intergrity of the messenger determines the credibility of the message.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by shizzle11(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2012
This Dino guy is a drowning man. His political career is on †ђξ downturn and he's seeking for every means to remain relevant in †ђξ polity. He's only making noise cos he fell out with †ђξ powers that be both in †ђξ Pdp and †ђξ house of rep where he enriched himself. He is a silly sore loser!
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
chucky234: Dino Melaye might not be a credible figure but his stance on Patricia Etteh was credible and commendabe becaue it was confirmed sometime last year that Patricia Etteh was framed up by Lawan Farouk and had Demije Bankole installed.
The same house Patrica wanted to renovate for N40m was renovated by Dimeji Bankole for N400m then later sold it to himself for N100m,house of reps cleared Patricia Etteh last year after discovering the truth,she never stole money from the house and I watched the sitting of the house live on NTA.
You can nail Dino Melaye here but not Patricia,you should always get your facts right before ranting.
Since you are not aware of Patricia being cleared by the House I have been able to dug out some links where you can read it.
www.m.allafrica.com/stories/201106030320.html/
www.ynaija.com/patricia-etteh-innocent-after-proven-guilty/

Thanks, upon the cry out that she was framed, a lot of people still calls her corrupt.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
odedele: From comments read so far,i have come to conclude that Nigerians have a long way to go in terms of suffering,we must have lost something in our head.Melaye and his group are asking a very simple question who owns Pinnacle? instead of addressing issues you are labeling them agent of oil marketers,the question i will ask d above commentators is can she react this way if she were to be working in the world Bank?.Nigerians will always allow themselves to be destroyed by sentiments..LETS ATTACK D MESSAGE, NOT D MESSENGER.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by nairaman66(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala)

Dino Melaye- Na Ronaldinho of our time.. He's got a lot of dribbling skills, tactical approach.. and scores beautiful goals.. Mtcheeew
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by CArt(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
This Dino must be a very sharp shooter with a heavy duty gun. grin
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by gentleoyink: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
please add human rights activist.

luvinhubby: Nigerians have very short & confused memory, was it not this same Dino Melaye who solidly stood behind that thieving Patricia Ette in the N635million house scandal that is now an anti corruption crusader, ....
Nigerians!!!!
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by ubandire(m): 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
It baffles me how we take this corrupt,immoral and dishonourable fellow,Dino.This is exactly what he intends,he's a renowned master in the act of cheap popularity,madam sholdn't even have dignified him with a response.

Our people know us.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by awuf2008: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Dino Melaye is not a true activist going by his recent antecedents. The guy was only trying to be relevant again after he had been disgraced and expelled by his former party, PDP. And he contested at another party platform which he lost .
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by Oluabayomi1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
Dino is just a total disgrace to we d OKUNS n Naija @large.
He need thorough enlightenment n orientation.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by tpia1: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
i wonder what exactly people gain from adultery?

you just sell your life to witches and wizards. undecided

if you're not one of them, how do you expect to not be destroyed? And even if.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by redsun(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
tpia1: i wonder what exactly people gain from adultery?

you just sell your life to witches and wizards. undecided

if you're not one of them, how do you expect to not be destroyed? And even if.

What they gain is adventure and fun that being static and spellbound cant give them.

Give it a shot,it may free you up.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by tpia1: 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
^YOU need to give JESUS a shot so he can free you from your innate darkness which threatens to destroy you.
Re: Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala by redsun(m): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
grin grin

Tpia,you need some African herbs.

quote author=tpia1]

^YOU need to give JESUS a shot so he can free you from your darkness.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Swears In 5 NPC Commissioners / Drama In Cross River As 4 Candidates Lay Claim To Senatorial Seat / Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.