Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election (10080 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by guvna(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2012
I have one word for these useless politicians - Animals!

Awon eran oko! Monkeeys!!
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by DANILSA(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2012
[quote author=Mobinga]Everything about this thread is idiotic.
[/quo COME O, HOW YOU TAKE DO THIS? shocked shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by sunkylee: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2012
Afolabs101: Na wa for Nigerian newspaper headlines! "US election tears PDP, ACN, others apart". How can you tear something apart that was never together
No mind all these man must wack newspaper, na wetin dey wan chop deyy their head no be wetin wan write
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by KINGwax(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2012
Mynd_44:
what's do they have in common with Dinosaurs?

They are bidbig, dangerous but pea brained. That's why they are gradually going extinct
aint kettle callin tyre black now?
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by TableLeg(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2012
Daft thread ....
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by Mynd44: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2012
KINGwax: aint kettle callin tyre black now?
Are you now following me around?
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by k2039: 10:34am On Nov 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Whether you want to accept it or not, young people are not impressive either. Beyond criticism, empty curses and insults against leaders, there is no 'cease the day' zeal or preparedness about Nigerian youths i.e so-called leaders of tomorrow. All I see many Nigerian youths doing is throwing insults around emptily. Most do not even show an iota of constructive thinking that would suggest they can 'troubleshoot' and deliver solutions.

So, we can keep cursing the "old men" from the comfort of our keyboards or accept they are still so dominant because young Nigerians are impotent and lacking the skills, talent and zeal to control their own destiny and effect change.

We can moan all we want but we do ourselves a disservice by not realizing that the "old men" continue to be influential because of our inability to challenge them and rise to the occasion as stronger, fitter and more adventurous men who should be more influential and effective as obtains worldwide. It is becoming a 'young man's' world everywhere else because young folks worldwide are acting and not just talking and cursing impotently.

This just doesnt apply to me
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by Slapme(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2012
Nwoka: **eating popcorn**
drinking palm wine and kai kai
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by Clemzy16(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2012
SMH!!
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by adoniza(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2012
Dreyl: make all this worwor politicians find place go sidon.they are just fooling themselves..

worwor ke...lol
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by Gbawe: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2012
k2039:

This just doesnt apply to me

I did not say it does. I am making a general point about how young Nigerians, for how troubled our nation is, spend more time cursing and insulting leaders emptily without even feeling shame at how they cannot take a cue from young folks elsewhere. If you resent the old Politicians, then join the process and depose them. No messiah is going to do it for you.

Empty curses, insults and inaction should not be an option if Nigeria is actually producing proactive young people who are able to put solid and deliberate action plans in place that will overcome the "Dinosaurs" and deliver the changes we all want to see. George Osborne, the UK Chancellor of the exchequer, is 41 for crying out loud.

As things stand, the "old men" do not/cannot feel threatened because they see a younger generation who only bark yet can never bite. The inaction, immaturity and poor political sophistication of young Nigerians is the reason "old men" are vocal, omnipotent and in control.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by solomon111(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2012
How does the US elections concern us in Nigeria,for God's sake?
What kind of idiotts do we have as political party leaders in this country?
SMDH!!
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by GARRIx7(m): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
PDP is a party of fools. Instead of comparing the PDP-led FG to the US Govt, they are comparing the US Oppopsition to the Nigerian opposition party...

The truth is that Nigerian politicians(especially the PDP....) have a lot to learn from the just concluded US elections ..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by Iolo(m): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
k2039: This old men are just embarrassing the whole nation.

It's obvious from this news that they are still not ready to learn.

Until election is free and fair in this nation,I dont expect the opposition parties to accept defeat.

Elections have been free and fair since 2011. The question is if the opposite parties can accept defeat gallantly like they are supposed to.
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by GARRIx7(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
Iolo:

Elections have been free and fair since 2011. The question is if the opposite parties can accept defeat gallantly like they are supposed to.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by maclatunji: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
Iolo:

Wow! And Nigeria is the most democratic country in the world too from the days of the first military coup.
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by Iolo(m): 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
maclatunji:

Wow! And Nigeria is the most democratic country in the world too from the days of the first military coup.

Stop being soo negative.

I was part of the elections and know flaws of the system and also measures INEC has taken to prevent fraud.

Take it or not, it is now extremely difficult to rig an election to point of the peoples will not counting. This is my point.

We are not yet 100% free and fair yet. But the days where people sit down in Abuja or wherever and use money, power and influence to win elections is over.

Take Ondo, Edo and the 2011 national elections as an example. Powerhouses (bankole etc etc) lost in their wards. The people's will prevailed. Possibly votes are manipulated here and there but not in enough numbers to affect the overall outcome of the elections.

This is Free and Fair in my books.
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by goodjack(m): 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
These people are not ashamed of themselves. I just don't understand Nigerians sometimes
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by emmaskyblue(m): 8:26am On Nov 09, 2012
Soonest they'll start killing each other 4 peaceful election held in another continent. And I quote "leaders are after the next generation while nigeria politicians are after next election".
Re: Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election by emmaskyblue(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2012
Soonest they'll start killing each other over peaceful election held in another continent. And I quote "leaders are after the next generation while nigeria politicians are after next election".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Taiwo-the Man That Order The Asaba Masacre / Recession: FG’s Non-Oil Revenue Shrinks By N134bn / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.