Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? (10964 Views)

Africa Americans Of Fulani Descent / Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 27, 2012
I still don't know why this guy won't claim his ethnicity, it's obvious he isn't AA... grin

Be objective and stop polluting history - revisionism is destroying our history... undecided
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:

I saw your New Years Resolution Post.. ...

But....

Be You....

Don't Change.

Be Who you are, and stop trying to restrain it.

..Because..

Being Who you were/are was great....

As much as many Nairalanders may dislike your ..Blunt,Strong Opinionated Ways...

You were still You, and you were great at what you do.

...People may dislike a Bi***, but people will always respect a
[size=15pt]"Real"[/size]Bi*** Over a Phony.

...Lebron Isn't Lebron if he is just standing outside the 3 point Line Shooting Jumpers. He then becomes an Average Player

Kayla Isn't Kayla without her Opinionated Passionate Bluntness and Aggressive Ways.

Always be who you are.

Life is Better that way and Easier.

Because trying hard to be something you aren't takes more energy than being someone you were always meant to be.
wink

2 Likes

Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 3:08am On Dec 27, 2012
الملكي فوق الله:

But....

Be You....

Don't Change.

..Because..

As much as many Nairalanders may dislike your ..Blunt,Strong Opinionated Ways...

...Lebron Isn't Lebron if he is just standing outside the 3 point Line Shooting Jumpers. He then becomes an Average Player

Kayla Isn't Kayla without her Opinionated Passionate Bluntness and Aggressive Ways.

Always be who you are.

Because trying hard to be something you aren't takes more energy than being someone you were always meant to be.
wink

thanks man.
i really appreciate the advice. smiley
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by huninaija(f): 3:13am On Dec 27, 2012
The figure is a bit dodgy as i doubt its 70% but most if not majority of slaves where taken from west africa which was labelled by the colonialists then as the "slave coast" this being Nigeria, Ghana, Benin republic etc
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by otumfour(m): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2012
الملكي فوق الله:

But....

Be You....

Don't Change.

..Because..

Always be who you are.

wink

Royal! 1 of the smartest dudes on here.....I respect u dude

lol! I see kails getting all softy on some boko's lately......bring me back tht ruthless kails/mzdarkskin grin grin grin....ur 1 smart chick kails, no lie.

1 Like

Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
otumfour: lol! I see kails getting all softy on some boko's lately......bring me back tht ruthless kails/mzdarkskin grin grin grin....ur 1 smart chick kails, no lie.

grin grin
i've been getting that a lot lately.
nice to know i was/am appreciated. thanks bro. smiley
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
shymexx: I can't believe this guy said only Benin Empire was relevant in Nigeria.... grin grin

Oyo Empire was 10 -20 times the size of Benin Empire from Nigeria to present day Ghana...

There were also massive empires in Northern Nigeria - stop polluting history to suit your agenda...

Akan empire was a small empire that was crushed by Oyo and they paid tributaries to Oyo for a long time... grin

Even PhysicsQED won't dare compare Benin Empire to Oyo - never!!

smh.
here we go! grin

ok guys this is not a competition on who was superior. kiss

in the end all of these tribes got used by the same enemy. at the end of the day it's a fact that AAs are a blend of west and central african ancestry, likewise the caribbean and south america. every west and central west african country are responsible for our existence, let's just end it on that note. smiley
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by sambos994(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oh, we're back to the ancestry thing again?
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:

smh.
here we go! grin

ok guys this is not a competition on who was superior. kiss

in the end all of these tribes got used by the same enemy. at the end of the day it's a fact that AAs are a blend of west and central african ancestry, likewise the caribbean and south america. every west and central west african country are responsible for our existence, let's just end it on that note. smiley

It's not about competition, I was just correcting the bootleg AA guy from Nigeria who was trying to distort history... grin
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
shymexx:

It's not about competition, I was just correcting the bootleg AA guy from Nigeria who was trying to distort history... grin

lol i understand. smiley
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Blyss: 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
shymexx:

LOL @ another Nigerian thinking I'm one of them. I get a kick out of that every time, though I still cant for the life of me, see what it is about me in which gives you'all this silly idea that I'm one of you.
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Blyss: 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:

lol i understand. smiley

Hey, Kails.. do you think I'm Nigerain?
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Blyss:

Hey, Kails.. do you think I'm Nigerain?

i don't know what to think.
and really blyss what I think doesn't matter.
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Blyss: 12:11am On Dec 28, 2012
*Kails*:

i don't know what to think.
and really blyss what I think doesn't matter.

You're right, what you think doesn't matter.. but, I'd still like to know. You're answer, insinuates that you actually do suspect that I'm Nigerian. I find this fascinating. cheesy
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Blyss:

You're right, what you think doesn't matter.. but, I'd still like to know. You're answer, insinuates that you actually do suspect that I'm Nigerian. I find this fascinating. cheesy

smh.
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by ebankole: 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
Some nigerians and their way(s) of expression...well ,if u read from the stated,google this..
Well here it is: GOOGLEsadamerican perception of nigeria) And, then click on link: weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php....

everything is there and if not a factual,well what can i say,just read and reason with.

pple shud learn to ask question instead of insulting..some nigerians sha
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by ebankole: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
Some nigerians and their way(s) of expression...well ,if u read from the stated,google this..
Well here it is: GOOGLEsadamerican perception of nigeria) And, then click on link: weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php....

everything is there and if not a factual,well what can i say,just read and reason with.

pple shud learn to ask question instead of insulting..some nigerians sha

NB:i'm on mobile
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 23, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You are more than entitled to your opinion about the "root" thingie. There is no such thing as black race however the societal classification base on ethnicity is necessary to distinguish for identification purposes. Back in ancient times...there was a nation that was governed by a powerful black king and queen. They managed to grouped a few individuals with similar mindsets until "judas spawns" contributed to their untimingly demise.

Before the coming of transatlantic slavery..."blacks" were divided by clans and tribes and fought each other for land and power. Women and children were kidnapped during the invasion and held as prisoners/slaves. Some women were raped and produced babies of other tribes/clans. It also explains the variety of "looks" within Africans in certain regions.

Now transatlantic slavery begun and "blacks" are divided again and this time the POW's and innocents were given/sold in exchange for some flip flops and mirrors. The "merchandises" were from various tribes/clans which explains exotic looks of those aboard.

The point of all this to say disconnection began in Mother Africa and extended all over the world. It is too late for millions to wake up...the damages has exceeded beyond repairs. The best thing people can do is start at home fixing their personal issues and hope for positive change.

You are right..."blacks" are responsible for their own woes.

wow chima that's deep!
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by itstpia1: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
highly doubtful @ thread title.

the other africans for some reason, are not as vocal as nigerians on the matter, that's all.
Re: Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? by taiwo850629: 11:43am On Jan 29, 2015
Pastor ebankole i need your help. Pls pick the call from 08107535362. Answer your whatsapp message from 08188171420.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Remove Your Shoes When Entering Someone Else's House? / Igbos The Most Successful Ethnic Nationality In Africa / Some Hilarious Igbo Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.