Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts (4310 Views)

Omotola With Oprah Winfrey, Boris Kodjoe & Others / Oprah Winfrey Offers Lindsay Lohan $2million To Interview Her / Photo Of The Day : Home Of Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2008
You guys get a grip abeg! We Nigerians hate it when people expose our dirty linen but we're never ashamed to do so. I hear una!

Btw, Oprah was talking about scammers in Nigeria. She never said all Nigerians are scammers. You guys should stop being ignorant and trying to pounce on her for no good reason.
Besides, what do you people expect the world to think of us when the #1 song in Nigeria is " Yahoozee" and the other useless song by Nkem Owoh, "I go chop your dollar". You guys really need to wake up and embrace your faults. Calling Oprah names and looking for who to blame is just dumb. Let's not even dig into this matter. I live in Europe so. . .

Oprah, talks about almost anything on her show. Diet, diseases, family issues, new songs, movies etc. She's a woman with a great mind. She doesn't manipulate anyone. She stands on her principles and that's what has brought her to this stage of her life.

Yes, she's not married but what's wrong with an unmarried woman saying no to sexual abuse,domestic violence, marital unfaithfulness, etc? She has every right just like we singles on Nairaland voice our opinion on such matters. She knows what a perfect marriage should be like though she's not married. Bite off my head!

She never encourages being a single mother. Instead, she'll make you realise that you have a right to walk out of an abusive marriage. What nonsense you guys talking about here?

About Hip-Hop, how helpful is Hip-Hop if I may ask? Rubbish

Oprah, carry go jare.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2008
R-Dynamite:

You guys get a grip abeg! We Nigerians hate it when people expose our dirty linen but we're never ashamed to do so. I hear una!

Btw, Oprah was talking about scammers in Nigeria. She never said all Nigerians are scammers. You guys should stop being ignorant and trying to pounce on her for no good reason.
Besides, what do you people expect the world to think of us when the #1 song in Nigeria is " Yahoozee" and the other useless song by Nkem Owoh, "I go chop your dollar". You guys really need to wake up and embrace your faults. Calling Oprah names and looking for who to blame is just dumb. Let's not even dig into this matter. I live in Europe so. . .

Oprah, talks about almost anything on her show. Diet, diseases, family issues, new songs, movies etc. She's a woman with a great mind. She doesn't manipulate anyone. She stands on her principles and that's what has brought her to this stage of her life.

Yes, she's not married but what's wrong with an unmarried woman saying no to sexual abuse,domestic violence, marital unfaithfulness, etc? She has every right just like we singles on Nairaland voice our opinion on such matters. She knows what a perfect marriage should be like though she's not married. Bite off my head!

She never encourages being a single mother. Instead, she'll make you realise that you have a right to walk out of an abusive marriage. What nonsense you guys talking about here?

About Hip-Hop, how helpful is Hip-Hop if I may ask? Rubbish

Oprah, carry go jare.

i in no way support fraud. so we are on the same page in that aspect.

but there's the other part u chose not to talk about which infact is the main reason for this thread. what is ur take on oprah and family issues? u think she is the right person to dish out advise on family issues? i also want to bring ur attention to the fact that most of the pple she brings to show to talk about marriage and family issues are either divorced and/or never been married witht he exception of DR Phil.

whats ur take on her inviting other castes of a hit movie then leaving out the main characters. (ice cube in barbers shop, ludacris (cant remember the movie) to mention but a few.

lets assume she talks about everything like u say, do u think she has said enuff about rap or hip hop? do u not think the best way to tackle the negative vibes surrounding rap/hip hop is by inviting the so called big wigs? by 'big wigs' im not talking about p. diddy, kanye west and dem lot.

i believe oprah means good but to me she remains a hypocrite if she invites rapists, murders, paedophiles, racists to show and not rappers.

u got ur opinion and everyone else got there's. if u feel the urge to respond, plz do but u dont have to curse other posters.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by zinnie86(f): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2008
i think she should be "less feminist" and give the guys a break.and really she does have dis holier than thou attitude DAT sucks.apart from DAT she's a GOOD PHILANTHROPIST.her shows are great but i prefer tyra banks show
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2008
OMO IBO:

but there's the other part u chose not to talk about which infact is the main reason for this thread. what is your take on oprah and family issues? u think she is the right person to dish out advise on family issues? i also want to bring your attention to the fact that most of the people she brings to show to talk about marriage and family issues are either divorced and/or never been married witht he exception of DR Phil.

whats your take on her inviting other castes of a hit movie then leaving out the main characters. (ice cube in barbers shop, ludacris (can't remember the movie) to mention but a few.

What's my take? I think she is great and doing a great job too. I don't think she's a hypocrite. You people should learn to understand when one stands by principles. She has every right to dish advice on family issues. She has been living with a man for so long and has mixed with a lot of people in this world. Single, married, battered, hungry, abused, poor, rich etc.
She might not be the best to give an advice but for God's sake it's her show and she has every right to talk about marriage issues though she's not married. What? she shouldn't give advice because she's not married? I hear u. Why don't you start a campaign and tell people to stop attending her shows? lol
Stop talking as if you haven't seen married people on her show.

She invites who she wants on her shows. Wetin be ya own na? grin She's not a fan of hip-hop 'cause hip-hop is full of negativities. I agree though that can't stop me from listening to them wink

Seriously, I don't think she's a hypocrite. There was one show she talked about drug addicts. She admitted she used to do drugs when she was younger and the reason why she admitted that in public was so that people won't think she is "holier than thou".

Oh well, that's my own piece o' cheese cake for Oprah tongue

OMO IBO:

if u feel the urge to respond, plz do but u don't have to curse other posters.

Na so trouble deh start. Notin do you grin
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2008
R-Dynamite:

What's my take? I think she is great and doing a great job too. I don't think she's a hypocrite. You people should learn to understand when one stands by principles. She has every right to dish advice on family issues. She has been living with a man for so long and has mixed with a lot of people in this world. Single, married, battered, hungry, abused, poor, rich etc.
She might not be the best to give an advice but for God's sake it's her show and she has every right to talk about marriage issues though she's not married. What? she shouldn't give advice because she's not married? I hear u. Why don't you start a campaign and tell people to stop attending her shows? lol
Stop talking as if you haven't seen married people on her show.

She invites who she wants on her shows. Wetin be ya own na? grin She's not a fan of hip-hop 'cause hip-hop is full of negativities. I agree though that can't stop me from listening to them wink

Seriously, I don't think she's a hypocrite. There was one show she talked about drug addicts. She admitted she used to do drugs when she was younger and the reason why she admitted that in public was so that people won't think she is "holier than thou".

Oh well, that's my own piece o' cheese cake for Oprah tongue

Na so trouble deh start. Notin do you grin

you're obviously an oprah stan. there's no point taking this arguement further.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2008
Was this thread meant for Oprah haterz? embarassed
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by waleab: 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2008
what right do the idiots of the so called nation have to give the rest a bad name?

Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by waleab: 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2008
how can anyone hate this lady?

Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2008
oprah haterz? not at all. u made ur point and i respect that but i just dont understand where u r coming.

i just weak for u sha.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by almondjoy(f): 10:49pm On Feb 22, 2008
Definitely a free woman in a free world.

I love you Oprah! kiss
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by bgees(m): 12:10am On Feb 23, 2008
@waleab,
what's ur problem if some of us dont like oprah.

@topic,
its funny,the fact is the best advice givers are people with age and experience.
How old is oprah?
What life has she seen?
And what puts in a position to advise the whole women folk.
On her philantrophc works,i hail her but then there's always an extremely feminist touch to her philantrophc works .
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 1:14am On Feb 23, 2008
OMO IBO:

oprah haterz? not at all. u made your point and i respect that but i just don't understand where you're coming.

i just weak for u sha.

You should also respect yourself here and not just my point. Don't push it.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by deor03(m): 1:36am On Feb 23, 2008
who is oprah? One of the tools of the western powers , i guess, hissss
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 1:48am On Feb 23, 2008
deor03:

who is oprah? One of the tools of the western powers , i guess, hissss

And who are you?
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by deor03(m): 1:51am On Feb 23, 2008
I am a man of my own mind.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 2:20am On Feb 23, 2008
deor03:

I am a man of my own mind.

Good! Then allow Oprah to have and speak her own freaking mind. Is that clear?
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by deor03(m): 2:34am On Feb 23, 2008
I am not stopping her , but she should not use her privileged position to talk to her gullible followers by yarning DUST
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by TheSly: 2:37am On Feb 23, 2008
wonder's shall never end. . . cool

Then im free to say Americans are bunch of pigs. . . .
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 2:45am On Feb 23, 2008
deor03:

I am not stopping her , but she should not use her privileged position to talk to her gullible followers by yarning DUST

#1.U can't stop her
#2.U call her talks dust. Your own opinion which she's flushed down the drain if you ask me.

®~^Sly^~®:

Then im free to say Americans are bunch of pigs. . . .

Just remember that this is not a charity site. Good luck with your freedom cool
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by deor03(m): 3:06am On Feb 23, 2008
Off this thread dicuss real people like Obama, clinton, yaradua etc etc angry
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 3:11am On Feb 23, 2008
May be you should start a thread for them Obama or probably we discuss you. lol
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by TheSly: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2008

Just remember that this is not a charity site. Good luck with your freedom cool

Thank you Mir. . . cool
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2008
oprah get plenty stans for real.

what do stans do again?
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Arielle: 2:32am On Feb 24, 2008
Thank you, R-Dynamite. Go Oprah!!!
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Albato(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2008
I love Oprah but she should do what every woman does - Get a dude and go on to have a child. Someone has to share that billion dollar with ya!
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Seun(m): 10:31am On Feb 24, 2008
She has a best friend and there are a billion charities she can donate her "billions" to.
Besides, her billions are already tied up in investments that are generating income for employees.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2008
Albato:

I love Oprah but she should do what every woman does - Get a dude and go on to have a child.

Not "every" woman does that.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by face007(f): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2008
I am married nd luv my husband alot,nd dnt intend leavin because of anytin.sum pple ar unlucky in terms of marriage,just lik funmi iyanda,for her not 2 want 2 b married ,she must av an hurt b4,i dnt jugde pple because there marriage didnt work,hw can u say oprah doesnt lik blacks,in other words she doesnt lik herself,i av neva heard her condemed any1,she is a strong women,wil always stand up for herself.because u ar not doesnt mean u dnt knw wat it feels lik 2 b cheat on.always admire her
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by face007(f): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2008
I am married nd luv my husband alot,nd dnt intend leavin because of anytin.sum pple ar unlucky in terms of marriage,just lik funmi iyanda,for her not 2 want 2 b married ,she must av an hurt b4,i dnt jugde pple because there marriage didnt work,hw can u say oprah doesnt lik blacks,in other words she doesnt lik herself,i av neva heard her condemed any1,she is a strong women,wil always stand up for herself.because u ar not doesnt mean u dnt knw wat it feels lik 2 b cheat on.always admire her
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by face007(f): 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2008
Omo ibo did i hear u say oprah hate blacks,u needed 2 see her show d was held on sunday aftanoon,d prngramme was totally 4 blacks,especially kids.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by RDynamite(f): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2008
007, don't mind these ignorant people.
Re: Oprah Winfrey: Your Thoughts by Kermit(f): 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2008
A lot of the comments made here are quite interesting. I have liked Oprah for a long time now; I admire her strength and her drive. However she has done/said a few annoying things on her show. The one about the 419 issue in Nigeria really irked me. What I think we shouldn't forget though is the fact that this woman is putting her whole life out there for us toi scritinise. Would our own lives survive such close, incessant scrutiny? She is human let's not forget that. A such she will commit faux pas, and make some bad decisions. The main difference she and the rest if us is that she lives in fish bowla nd we live in relative obscurity, these are my thoughts,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyin Aimakhu-johnson Shares Her Weightloss Success / Simi Shows Off Backside In Denim Jean, Wows In New Photos / See D Shocking Way Fans Welcomed Bbnaija Cee-c At D Airport In Ghana (pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.