Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices (58321 Views)

MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Reese1: 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
Love angel: Reese, cld u pls give me her contact. Thank u

Her name is Sade. Her company is Amisha Total Concepts. Her numbers are 08088294835 and 07060863746. She also has a facebook page that has pictures of her work. The page is called Amisha Total Concepts.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by omobolamissglam(f): 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hi. You can check out Glam O' Sphere on facebook. Professional service @ affordable rates. smiley.. Contact number 08029446936
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ideee03(f): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
[quote author=Red-Light]200k? shocked is that for year make up or just once [/quotelmao...can't stop laughing.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
fools and their money are soon parted,nigeria and showing off,sorry oh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Onegai(f): 6:11am On Nov 11, 2012
ehie007: i am a professional wedding photographer and most weddings the make up artist dont even have enough time for d bride talkless of making up others. Yea they could be rude, but its human induced.

Nigerians want good jobs but dont want to pay for it. Those who pay little are the most worrisome..This also applies to us into wedding photography....they want good shot but dnt want to pay for it....

Btw, I know the prices of the top makeup artists so I know the OP "forgot" to mention she went to a very big makeup artist for that price quote, that is like complaining about the price of a Lexus jeep (didn't you see a 2nd-hand Toyota? Did anyone force you to buy Lexus). People should cut their coat according to their clothe: if you don't have N200k for makeup artist, look for the N35k one you can afford or even better, paint and powder your own face. It isn't by force to have one, but you feel you need one (and you may want to show off that you got the best), so pay for their service. No need to complain. And also, if someone is charging you N200k, rest assured, she is NOT using Mary Kay, you're getting very good products and she will do a very good job (if she ain't, then walk away).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ewizard1: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
Branding of T-shirts/Gift items for Organization use,Events,Product promo, etc
Contact 08090989821, khalsconnect@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by palma(f): 8:04am On Nov 12, 2012
200k for makeup might have a reason. For instance i charged a bride 150k for makeup because i am Making up for the Bride, bride's mum, groom's mum, bridal train 5 in number and the bride is also making her hair and nails with me. Yeah i could charge upto 200k sometimes if i seize them up and they can afford it, you can't expect me to charge peanuts if am making up governors wives and so on. Fine i will do 40k makeup but will let you know the products am using and won't wait around throughout the whole day or it might be one of my girls i will send. Its your choice and your pocket but will give you the assurance you won't look like a dracula. The OP should let us also know if the makeup artist is travelling out of the state cuz that also influenced charges. I won't go to abuja for less than 150k or any eastern parts. Its easy for people to jump to conclusions without hearing facts but take it or leave it Makeup artistry is also a professional job and we have quacks also who are eager to please and will even steal pictures just to convince you they are good. I wonder why people are not complaining about lawyers shebi all they do is talk but they will tell you its more than the talking. Makeup artistry is deep and only the real professionals feel passionate about it.

Before i forget a contest is going on Evolve Makeup Nigeria page on facebook where 2 brides win a free bridal makeup + nails.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by rikach: 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pls dnt be ridiculous, i dnt bliv in charging as much as 200k for a bridal make over. no matter how much it costs me to purchase my kit, i can't use it all on one person so y wud i want to get bck d money for my kit frm one person? I'm a professional makeup artist n i do very gud work buh i cud charge as low as 25k depending on some variables. so contact us- 08064860683, 07054099280. kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by rikach: 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
@palma, ur breakdown did a gud job by xplaining y u wud charge dt much n honestly it is justified. buh for an artist to makeup just d bride (not a celebrity) n maybe her mum n chief for 200k is outrightly ridiculous .
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Wendy80: Everything is overblown I̶̲̥̅̊n ds our country. Most times the brides made up by ds Makeup artists look very ugly......2 start with a bride has no biz with a red or tomato lipstick on her wedding day cos a bride is assumed to be a virgin and shud hav a very light make up on her weddin day.....but ds days whn u c a bride u wl think she's going night clubbin or abt to hit the run way cos of too much make up....I made myself up on my weddin day and pple kept askin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ months afta †ЂΞ weddin whu my make up artist was........some artist are cheap and very good...my friends does 4 like 15 to 20k n the brides coms out stunning
can you give me your friend's number?
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by oluks05: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2013
Wendy80: Everything is overblown I̶̲̥̅̊n ds our country. Most times the brides made up by ds Makeup artists look very ugly......2 start with a bride has no biz with a red or tomato lipstick on her wedding day cos a bride is assumed to be a virgin and shud hav a very light make up on her weddin day.....but ds days whn u c a bride u wl think she's going night clubbin or abt to hit the run way cos of too much make up....I made myself up on my weddin day and pple kept askin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ months afta †ЂΞ weddin whu my make up artist was........some artist are cheap and very good...my friends does 4 like 15 to 20k n the brides coms out stunning

Pls send me your friends contact my email is seyioluks(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by quin9(f): 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
Call:Queen-08076150117 or email:cruzewitqueen@yahoo.com,perfect looks @ affordable rates.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by aijaydiva(f): 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hmmmm! Abeg abeg abeg!!! If u want a decent makeover @ a very affordable rate, just call me....08063388465. My NairaLand profile pic can tell u all! wink8-):*
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by HseOfGlamour(f): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
@Palma, you have spoken well.

Getting married? Contact House of glamor on 08087230008 or visit our website www.houseofglamor.com.ng or our facebook page, www.facebook.com/houseofglamor

We use quality products and our prices are affordable.

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by safe06: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
MUA charges depends on some factors,location,services the bride requires( I.e,hair fixing n styling,makeup for bride and some others, fixing of nails,henna application, facial treatment bfor the makeup application), products that would b used ( some skins come out stunning using just black-opal,while the same black-opal can't do magic for another skin type,thus u may have to use another product which may be expensive like M.A.C),some skin requires concealers while some don't,so U̶̲̅ see prices ranges,just depends on what the bride wants. As for м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊,I scrub my clients face,prep the face,apply makeup nd then finish the makeup with a makeup spray to make the face cool n makeup last all through the event,all this at very affordable price.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Starmakeupworld(f): 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
For your makeup for all occassions, call Star on 08067005272,08094592460. Pin:2A817199 at an affordable price.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ogechidadiva: 12:55pm On May 01, 2013
[quote][quote author=palma]@ madam palma, well said. I totally agree with you.

I'm not a MUA but i do know that if you want a makeup artist to do just you for your wedding, you should be ready to pay between 15-60k(depending on the artist yanno). Likewise, if you want makeup for all your family members and batallion of bridesmaids, do the math and quit being ridiculous.
I personally believe that you have to pay good money to get true professionalism. I've had the privilege to be on too many bridal trains. I have 7 sisters and a host of cousins and aunties not to mention friends. Sometimes, we(bridal train) do our makeup ourselves, other times there's a MUA. But honestly I've only been wowed by one sha. Most times these MUAs dont come prepared, they'll come with their tiny boxes and pouches and concentrate on the bride forgetting that we are potential clients. They'll now rub one shade of powder on all of us as if they are blind and shave off our brows as if the aim is to make us look our worst so that the bride can shine despite their crappy makeup(Hian! I dey vex ooooo). One time,one MUA was supposed to do our makeup, when i saw the bride's face i was like "Tufia!!! this will not happen today", I did my modest best and i was pleased. sometimes, you who is not a MUA will even have better products than the MUA(dont these people have an association?)
Now to the experience i loved. This babe was firm yet nice (you know, she wasn't rude but she wasn't unnecessarily chatty). She came with 2 assistants and they all knew what to do. Honestly I felt like a bride. Never had i been paid so much attention as a bridesmaid(I've been on more than 15 bridal trains, my mum said i've been a little bride 4 times, so I'm experienced biko). She personally handled the bride, her chief and mummy, while the assistants did 3 bridesmaids each, and she checked on them to make sure they kept to the script (there must have been a script cos it was just simply awesome). There was an array of good products too and they weren't sharing brushes(my eyes have seen o, i think i should even take up a course sef!). They took their time and made sure we were comfy. The best part was the 2 assistants stayed till reception for touch ups which, if truth be told, we did not need. The makeup lasted o.......Gosh! it is too certain i'll use dis babe. I can't remember her name(she's yoruba tho) but i got her number 08136938176 (i have her on speed dial grin). Now, i dont know how much my friend paid, but it certainly wasnt 200k(cynthia nor dey crase,lol). At the same time, i know it can't be cheap cos her makeup was on point. Wish i had more info but the number is all i have.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Rachybb: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Yes most of these big names charge way too much,I did mine with raliez makeover for jst 40k plus bridesmaids!so amazing d job was really good everyone around loved wat she did w ma face even w d acne!none was visible,U can contact her on 08072047646,08064770756 she is based in delta bt can travel anywhere cos she is freelance
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by treasuredkid: 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
Banke Meshida of BM Pro does for 150k and wont stay for a touch-up for the reception while her artist 1 goes for 90k and artist 2 80k. if you request for touch-up before reception is an extra 40k meanwhile is not Banke that will do the touch up but her girls...
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ColoursnBrushes: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2013
Colours'n'Brushes is a makeover outfit located in port harcourt. We are currently offering a 50 percent discount on all makeovers and 20 percent discount on makeup courses from june 1st-september 10th.This simply means that all clients that book around this time frame automatically qualify for the promo. classes are flexible and fixed accordin to the student's free time. contact us today on 08138440869 or bbpin-2a013509, email-coloursnbrushes@yahoo.com. contact us today and you will be glad you did. stay beautiful
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by sanitariantee: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
tongue
Bisjosh: I can't pay more than 30-40k for make-up! Not that I dnt have the money but I don't WASTE money! I would rather do my make-up myself(am also good). Afterall am beautiful and I need just a light make-up undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Juliet84: 3:56am On Feb 13, 2015
denitro:
Why would you want to make up for your wedding?
I want my bride to be to look as natural as possible
natural is good and there are some natural makeups too u don't want ur bride to look all stressed out and hagard on ur wedding day now am an artist and some people have made some great sense here. Nigerians love brand name so d lesser d price the faker d product.and 4 d ruddiness there is no justification 4 dat if some1 paid u 4 a job gladly do it and respectfully make ur explaination if need be,I have gone 4 a wedding were one of d trains were like pls can u teach me how to draw eye pencil somepeople will natuarally get mad even one of my students were but I just smiled and told her she is smart but it dosnt work like that and how unresonable can people be so I should leave d bride and start teaching u so d rudeness is human induced like some1 said.pls 4 d ladies out there if makeup makes u feel happy then do it,that u don't like dosnt make it devilish we shouldn't idolize it, I myself somethings don't feel like wearing but I derive joy seeing my client look him or herself in d gives herself that 'am beautiful' smile.and to us the artist too much gain is sin let us do things moderatly.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2015
Well it really depends. Like almost everything in Nigeria, HYPE determines price. The really popular MUAs are very costly but most of them also have higher standards and use better products. It all depends on your budget. You can always find cheaper ones that would do very good job

http://www.beautygeekng.com/2014/12/christmas-inspired-makeup-tutorial-video.html
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ColoursnBrushes: 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Calling all makeup artists and students in the house. Call me to purchase your 120 colour eyeshadow @ 10k, 32 piece professional brush set @ 10k. Buy them together and pay 17,000 offer valid while stock lasts. Also place your orders for house of tara products and maybelline products at give away prices. Call 0813844086c or BB Pin 2A013509 for further enquiries and to place your orders
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by btomoh: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
Need a makeup artist to make you look flawless,stunning and elegant on your wedding day? Contact at Btomz makeovers on 07061850711 bbpin: 531BAE5C .At Btomz Makeovers we give you the special,elegant and flawless bridal look, you desire on your "Big day" .We also deal in, makeup training, geletieing, eyelash fixing,bridal hair styling, and beauty consultancy

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ColoursnBrushes: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
good news for Port Harcourt residents. From the 7th - 19th September, Kuchi El Pink beauty school would be organizing a two week entrepreneurship class for those of you who want to pursue a career in beauty. Come and learn how to fix weaves and style bridal hair. come and learn the art of nail fixing, types and design. Learn all ther is to know about skin care, anti-ageing procedures and products facial treatment as well as bridal makeup, fashion makeup, lash fixing, gele tieing etc
Guess what the entire package costs 40k only plus you get a free manual plus free makeup products and a beauty certificate. This is an amazing opportunity to learn from 4 seasoned professionals at a very very subsidized rate. Please call 08138440869 for more info. Remember to tell a friend to tell a friend. you might just be doing someone a world of good.

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by chica22: 4:28am On Jan 11, 2016
Quality costs money. People invest in developing themselves by acquiring skills or making inborn skills better. They spend money and time doing this so I think it is fair that they get paid after mastering these arts. Now as per pricing which depends on the individual, makeup artistry just like somany other arts is not cheap. A painting board or canvas bearing cheap colours painted to form a picture which most times only makes sense to the painter (artist) can be sold for over "1million" dollars (intellectual property). Just the same way, the value given to the face or body art goes a long way to impact on the price. Pricing on its own is a skill which a few people have, that is why we work around our client's budgets. You may call us if you need the services of a professional makeup artist or you want to be trained and certified on Makeup Artistry: 07030170159, 08038997986

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by itstpia8: 4:32am On Jan 11, 2016
makeup business is quite profitable it seems.

nothing like starving artist anymore.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Eleganza33(f): 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
Haa 200 waaat
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Prized: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hi Everyone

There have been various BBM and whatsApp dating groups, but this is different because, its strictly for serious Christians of every denomination. members are properly followed up and monitored so as to prevent dubious and unreal characters as much as possible. There are also laid down rules for the group which will guide everyone's mode of behavior. Please It is strictly for Christians that have marriage as the next plan for their lives. No games allowed.

If interested pls add this BB Pin to join - 58BF47FE.

God bless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Miss Rivers Contestant Embarrasses Herself When Asked A Question (video) / Ladies, Would You Wear This Jumpsuit Wedding Gown? / Kleopatra Vargas Wins Miss Toddler USA America Nation 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.