Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? (852 Views)

Reacting To Oby's "Hate" Article Against The Democratic Hero Of Our Time / The Democratic Coup De Tat Against The Jonathan Govt. / I Was Invited By The Democratic Party - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by SegunTX(m): 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2008
Based on the Democratic debate yesterday, what do you make of it, who do you think won that debate? In my opinion, I think they both did well, but I still think Hillary is not that nice - it seemed too superficial. Maybe it is just me over analyzing the whole situation. Who do you think won the debate and why?
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by ndubest(m): 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2008
Haba grin

We dey sleep when the debate took place

so how can we judge grin grin grin

Just give us the link to the debate text or site so we can read the then answer ur questions

Peace man

One love cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by moraachi: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2008
guys without much ado if u watched it, clinton is d best 4 d job as far as both candidates are concerned.
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by 4Him(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
moraachi:

guys without much ado if u watched it, clinton is d best 4 d job as far as both candidates are concerned.

the same clinton with flip flopping positions on illegal immigration and the war on Iraq?
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ moraachi, you mean she's best cos mr bill will apply the indirect rule though her?
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by naijaway(m): 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2008
They were both fantastic but Obama won from my point of view. I hope hillary can bow out so dat Obama can pick her as a running mate. I believe a Obama-clinton campaign will be more better than a clinton-obama. With dat said, Obama is more inclined to bring unity and prosperity faster than clinton in many ways; one of them being dat most African countries can really do business with America in other words making America prosper in terms of access to resources and many other factors. And like Obama said is not about experience, is about being right from day one ie being on point.
If Obama was white with his same charisma and views, I bet u he was going to be the nominee without too many faults but now he has to fight tooth and nail to make his point but God will see the best person through n my prophesy is dat it would be Obama even though clinton is also good.
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by debosky(m): 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2008
The debate was matured, cordial and held in good spirit.

Obama shaded Clinton on consistency in his opposition to war and his 'changing the thinking' that led to the war comment.

Clinton shaded Obama on healthcare, her plan is more attractive to democrats and will achieve universal coverage - though more expensive, but better in the long run.

Obama tried to point out Clinton's inconsistency on illegal immigration and almost got stuck himself, but he survived it and they both looked good.

Wolf Blitzer did his best to ruffle both candidates, almost succeeding with Obama when he was harping on Obama calling Clinton's policy 'inhumane' which he retorted was not directed at Hillary, but at many candidates who had failed on the issue.

Bottom line they both came out of it looking good, with Obama taking a slight victory in my view. But with Hillary still in the lead, I don't think he did enough to gain more momentum going into Super Tuesday. . .right now my money is still on Hillo snatching it.
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 02, 2008
think its degenerating to a brawl of words
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by watchung: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2008
The debate was cordial and honestly a lil boring atimes. Clinton won the first half of the debate while Obama came through in the second half. I think at the end of the day Clinton is going to pull through and get the nomination. Most of the polls in the Super-Duper Tuesday states are showing her up. She will win most of the delagates although not enough to clinch the nomination. I think by March 4th we would have a picture of where everything stands when Texas & Ohio votes. Obama still has about a 30% chance of winning but I'd say Clinton will eventually pull through.
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by Horus(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2008
Most of the polls in the Super-Duper Tuesday states are showing her up.
Advance polling numbers can be unreliable. Aparently Clinton holds a slight lead of Senator Barack Obama,but a whole lot can change between now and Tuesday.

States up for grab during this Tueday primaries include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Utah.
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by buchio7(m): 12:17am On Feb 03, 2008
i believe that obama came out tops in this debate. I saw someone who appreciates the problems the u.s. is facing as well as its role in the global community. i see him going on to winning more states owing to his appeal to younger voters who are turning out in droves for him. He is even doing well amongst conservative democrats.
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:13am On Feb 03, 2008
Obama edged Clinton in the debate. And I agree with the poster who also observed that Clinton's congeniality was superficial.

By my calculations, if Clinton gets the Democratic nomination, the Republicans will win the general election. The main reason is that outside the Democratic party, Hillary Clinton has almost zero appeal.
Re: What Do You Make Of The Democratic Debate - Obama Vs Clinton? by Orimili(m): 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2008
I don't think highly of either candidate. They are both, more or less, the same person to me.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Committee Returns Share Of N300m Loot / Ministry Of Niger-delta / Question For All Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.